Profile for John > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John RSS Feed (Naperville, IL, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Quicken Home & Business 2015
Quicken Home & Business 2015
Price: $68.30

1.0 out of 5 stars Buggy and worst release in 20 years, February 21, 2015
This release is really buggy. It will constantly freeze and crash. Even worse, it will corrupt your data. I have had instances where the program will substitute a random transaction that I had previously reconciled with a completely different downloaded transaction. I have been using Quicken for over 20 years and this is the worst release I have ever used. It is bad enough to make a jump to another platform. Does anyone recommend an alternative?

Satechi 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub for Ultra Book, MacBook Air, Windows 8 Tablet PC (4USB Black)
Offered by Satechi
Price: $29.99
6 used & new from $12.64

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for road warriors, April 26, 2014
This is a great USB hub for laptop road warriors with an ultrabook. I use the ultrabook alone when fully mobile (eg: in airport lounge) but often have other items attached in my hotel room (eg: 2nd USB monitor, hard drive, tethered phone/mifi). This fits easily into my travel "go-bag" and does the job.

AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) - White
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics is good branding, April 26, 2014
AmazonBasics pretty much sums it up. Simple commodity items that Amazon stands behind. This is opposed to anonymous Chinese pieces of crap that fall apart after you use it once.

Etekcity® Scroll M535 Wired USB Optical Mouse - 3000 DPI, Adjustable Thumb Rest, & 7 Customizable Buttons
Offered by Etekcity

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice mouse with one significant flaw, April 26, 2014
Nice feel and nice tracking. However, the forward and backward button are oddly placed, especially the back button. If you position your hand on the mouse, the back button is set back underneath the thumb knuckle (1st metacarpophalangeal joint for you familiar with medical terminology). This requires you to lift your hand off the mouse or contort your thumb to get to this button.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2014 6:42 AM PDT

Samsung Galaxy S3 - i9300 Extended Battery TPU Case Clear White and Exclusive Black And Green Color Key Chain Kit
Offered by YESOO
Price: $7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Protective but buttons are difficult, March 11, 2014
Got this as a protective cover of my SIII that has an extended battery. The case itself is very protective, but the buttons are extremely difficult to press if you want to change volume or turn the phone on or off.

ASUS HD Portable USB-Powered Monitor with USB 3.0 (MB168B)
ASUS HD Portable USB-Powered Monitor with USB 3.0 (MB168B)
Offered by Brooklyn Parkway
Price: $155.05
60 used & new from $110.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great travel monitor, March 11, 2014
I was looking for a travel monitor so I can still use dual monitors while on business trips. This monitor definitely fit the bill. The only thing I regret is not getting the higher resolution model, but that is my fault. The product works well, is plug and play, and, despite other reviews, the case doubles well as a monitor stand. You just have to use the little lip on the inside of the case instead of setting the monitor on the outside of a closed flap.

Swiss+Tech ST66676 Utili-Key 6-in-1 Key Ring Multi-Function Tool
Swiss+Tech ST66676 Utili-Key 6-in-1 Key Ring Multi-Function Tool
Price: $7.50
24 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy tool, April 25, 2013
I got this on a whim at a retail checkout line and placed it on my keychain. I had not idea how useful it would be. There were a number of situations in which I thought, I wish I had a knife, scissor, bottle opener, etc. and then realized, that yes, I had one on my keychain. It is clunky to use and you do risk cutting yourself on the blade when the tool is open, but I used it when I had no other options available. Unfortunately, a meticulous airline security agent confiscated it overseas. Fortunately, I have another one (or two) in my cart as we speak!

Sparco Products Phone Stand, Steel Mesh, 10-1/2"Wx10-1/4"Dx4-1/4"H, Black
Sparco Products Phone Stand, Steel Mesh, 10-1/2"Wx10-1/4"Dx4-1/4"H, Black
Offered by BestSource OfficeSupplies
Price: $13.35

5.0 out of 5 stars compact and frees up desk space, November 24, 2012
I found this to be sturdy, compact and perfect for my home office phone. I am able to stash stuff underneath and use the side rail to stack scratch paper or my iPad.

Garmin Friction Mount
Garmin Friction Mount
Price: $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great for travel, November 24, 2012
I have been struggling with mounting options for a gps that I use while travelling. I initially used the included windshield suction device, but the surface would constantly need cleaning because it would get dirty and lose its suctioning capacity. I have tried the sand bag option but it was too bulky and heavy to keep in my travel bag. I have tried the vent clip on option but found it clumsy and not very sturdy.

This is the only option that has been easy to use, lightweight and easily deployed.

AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories -Black
AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories -Black
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars compact and protective, November 24, 2012
I travel with a gps device and this allows me to place the device along with a travel mount in one, relatively sleek case. It is thin enough to fit into a travel briefcase, which allows me to just keep it constantly in my travel bag so I never forget it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3