Profile for Dan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dan RSS Feed

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Crack Easily, January 15, 2011
The jars are certainly good for canning, but if you're like me and you like to sterilize them before use - be warned. Almost all of them cracked at a medium-high stove setting. They were not in direct contact with the bottom of the pot and there was plenty of water. Maybe I received a bad batch, but I think I'll use another brand now.

K&N 33-2293 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N 33-2293 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
Price: $46.99
57 used & new from $37.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reusable air filter, January 15, 2011
Fits perfectly and it's easily cleaned. I can't say it improved my cars performance, but it didn't hurt it either.

Side Note: I bought this for my 2006 Mazda 5. There are no instructions online on how to change a Mazda 5's air filter. However, the Mazda 5 has the same engine as the Mazda 3 for which there are many instructional pamphlets AND youtube videos to consult.

This is the one I used: [...]

Grizzly Fitness Power Training Wrist Wrap
Grizzly Fitness Power Training Wrist Wrap
Price: $14.04
5 used & new from $11.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 15, 2011
I was having some wrist problems(most likely from curling like in an idiot) so I decided to buy a pair of these. The wrist problems didn't go away after I started using these, but I see now why that is. If you've injured your wrists lifting, you really need to take a few months off to let them heal. These are NOT a cure, but they ARE preventative. I've begun lifting again (roughly 3 months into it) and the wraps have prevented any further strain on my wrists. They're comfortable, they tighten well and they absorb sweat. I highly recommend!

Side Note: First pack I got came with only one wristband. The package is in fact supposed to have two. Amazon quickly replaced it though, so no problem.

Standard Cell Phone CLA Car Charger for RIM Blackberry 9630 Tour, 8220, 8230 (Pearl Flip), 8520, 8900, 9500, 9530 Storm [Grabbit Packaging]
Offered by BTO, Inc.
Price: $3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Charges quickly and it's still going, January 15, 2011
I've had this for almost 1.5 years now. It charges quicker than the charger the phone came with and is still going strong. Can't ask for more.

The Will of the People: How Public Opinion Has Influenced the Supreme Court and Shaped the Meaning of the Constitution
by Barry Friedman
33 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Informative, but flawed., January 15, 2011
The book is historically informative, but the theory is a little questionable. At certain points in history, the author clearly stretches and omits certain facts to fit within the neat little theory. At other times, the theory makes sense, but only when it's a platitude. Read it for the anecdotes, but don't expect a mind blowing academic discovery.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2013 4:33 PM PDT

Ektelon Power Pack Plus Starter Kit, Grip 3 5/8
Ektelon Power Pack Plus Starter Kit, Grip 3 5/8
Offered by S.O.S. SPORTS
Price: $34.97

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Enough, January 15, 2011
As others have stated, the balls are noticeably softer than standalone packs such as Penn. Consequently, they stop bouncing sooner than they probably should. They get the job done, though.

The goggles fair the same. You won't be wowed by them - they have no silicon/rubber nose ridge, they feel a little flimsy/cheap, and they have a tendency to fog up. Nevertheless, they will probably protect you as well as any other pair.

I can't complain about the racquet and the case, though. The racquet is lightweight, but solid and the bag fits everything nicely. If I could, I would give the whole set 3.5 stars. It's mediocre set, that's appropriate for the price. While you may get higher quality items by buying them separately, you should expect to pay $10-15 more for the benefit. For me, and other casual beginners who don't want to invest too heavily just yet, the set is...good enough.

Another note: I have fairly large hands, but I found the "super small - 3 5/8" size to be just fine.