Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for jayce > Reviews

Browse

jayce's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jayce RSS Feed (NC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Voice Lessons To Go - V.1 Vocalize & Breath
Voice Lessons To Go - V.1 Vocalize & Breath
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Breathing Exercises, July 22, 2014
The breathing part helped me so much! I've been a brass player for several years (getting into singing now), and I've always had the problem of not being able to consistently breathe with my diaphragm. I've had many people tell me to breathe from my stomach, use my diaphragm, etc. Well, being the overzealous person I am, when I try to control my breathing, I mess up my body's natural rhythm, and end up locking my stomach, chest-breathing, and breathing too often to make up for it. It's very uncomfortable in everyday life.

I have Volume 4 of Voice Lessons to Go and I absolutely love the exercises and advice that Ariella gives, so I decided to trust her and try the first volume to get some help to open up a more natural way of breathing. Well, I am very happy that I did. The exercises are wonderful, but I liked the breathing part the best. The guided exercises were just what I needed to open up my stomach and diaphragm. Now I will be more comfortable every day and more powerful when singing (and playing!). Thank you Ariella!

MIDNITE MENOPAUSE SLEEP CHEWABLE TABLETS - 28 EA
MIDNITE MENOPAUSE SLEEP CHEWABLE TABLETS - 28 EA
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $10.58
8 used & new from $5.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleep at last!!, June 21, 2014
Before MidNite, I had not slept for more than 4 hours a night for several weeks. I tried taking melatonin, passion flower, and Sleepytime tea, but still didn't sleep. This product helps me sleep and go back to sleep if I wake up during the night. Works GREAT for me!!

Learn That Language Now
Learn That Language Now
by Robertson B. Kunz
Price: $18.97
15 used & new from $14.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good info, May 2, 2014
I know it seems this author is just out to make a few dollars if you've seen his assortment of other books about Rosetta Stone and such, but this book is actually worth a read. It's mostly useful to someone who has never had experience with language learning techniques other than the traditional classroom setting or books at the library. These are all ideas that I have actually also discovered on my own, and it encourages me to find a book to back my ideas up. Hint: if you already know how to use spaced repetition and full phrases, you already know part of "The Method," but he still offers other ideas about learning and maintaining your language that are useful. However, I am still on the hunt for the most effective and intuitive ways to learn (although my approach shares basic similarities with his), and even though his other books challenge Rosetta Stone, I still think programs like it are useful as part of a greater plan.

52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday: ...And Why the Truth Is So Much Better
52 Lies Heard in Church Every Sunday: ...And Why the Truth Is So Much Better
by Steve McVey
Price: $9.67
71 used & new from $2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Change!, March 26, 2014
This is such a sensational book that I expected everyone to rate it either 1 star or 5 stars! This book was the first step in my grace journey. Since then I have found a spectacular podcast series that explains grace even more in depth than this book. Just google "grace roots."

Neo-Therm Heater, 25 watt
Neo-Therm Heater, 25 watt
Price: $46.99
17 used & new from $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of Mind!, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Neo-Therm Heater, 25 watt (Misc.)
It fits perfectly in my 2.5 gallon mini bow. It's been great so far, keeping the temperature stable. The only thing is that the button is a little difficult to push. But I'm glad I have it, as I'm sure it will last for years.

Aqueon AQE06194 Mini Heater for Aquarium, 10-watt
Aqueon AQE06194 Mini Heater for Aquarium, 10-watt
Price: $10.80
29 used & new from $5.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working, February 11, 2014
I hate giving bad reviews, but I would recommend steering clear of this one. It worked great for several days, and then suddenly stopped working. Maybe it was the auto cutoff feature because it got too hot or something. In any case, I can't use it now so I'm going to have to keep my space heaters running constantly until the more expensive heater I ordered comes in.

The Perfect Human Diet
The Perfect Human Diet
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Film, although make sure you research, October 30, 2013
I've already shown this film to my boyfriend and family, and I loved the first three sections on Price, the Aborigines in Australia, and the First Nations People of Canada. I didn't find the section on evolution terribly enlightening, since I believe that macro evolution is nonsense, but I do believe that our race has survived thousands of years on traditional diets, in a much more fit state than we are today, with or without exercise. But I don't quite agree with the diet recommendations at the end, about a focus on protein, vegetables, and especially unlimited nuts. Nuts also have the problem that whole grains have, in that they take nutrients out of the body along with them. You can treat them (soak and roast them) but they will still have this property to some effect. A fantastic resource for finding out a ton of information about traditional diets is Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions Cookbook. Just remember, don't be afraid to question conventional "wisdom" on nutrition in order to find the truth.

Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Price: $11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Just "Highlights" are not acceptable, January 11, 2013
I haven't actually bought the soundtrack but the music from the movie was good overall with some good interpretations from the singers. But come on people, any real Les Mis fan will expect the full score and nothing but the full score. That's the point of through-sung. Hopefully all these reviews from people expecting more will encourage the real soundtrack to be released.

The New Good Fat Bad Fat: Lower Your Cholesterol and Reduce Your Odds of a Heart Attack
by William P. Castelli
Price: $13.29
191 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Should you trust this book?, June 17, 2009
As I flipped through some of this book, I decided to try one of the recipes in the back, Cream of Celery Soup. However, I used a few substitutions.

First, for the white sauce I used kefir made from whole, raw milk. (I also used whole wheat flour instead of white.) I used coconut oil in place of the monounsaturated oil.
While the celery was simmering, I splashed in some olive oil, a little more coconut oil, and then some duck fat just for kicks. A little bit of chopped broccoli made a nice addition.

You may notice that my version of the soup included quite a bit of the taboo saturated fat which this book considers such an abomination. In fact, I took great pleasure in doing everything I could to violate the rules laid down in this fallacious book. Castelli and Griffin advocate severely cutting down on your saturated fat and cholesterol intake in order to "reduce your odds of a heart attack." Despite the appeal of eating "healthy" (by the civilized definition) with low-fat (and low-flavor) dishes, this way of dining is deceptively dangerous. First, by depriving yourself of saturated fat, you are setting yourself up for nutrient deficiencies, since, according to the Weston A. Price Foundation's website, "Many of the vitamins and minerals found in vegetables cannot be absorbed without fat, and protein cannot be assimilated without fat." Saturated fats also raise the"good" HDL cholesterol and protect the immune system; animal fats contain many nutrient factors that protect against heart disease and cancer.

Cholesterol is a substance vital to the health of the body and the protection of the heart. Lots of dietary cholesterol does not equal a large amount of blood cholesterol. Read a conclusion drawn from the famous Framington Heart Study, which is frequently proffered as proof for the Cholesterol and Saturated Fat theories:

"In Framingham, Mass., the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, _*the lower the person's serum cholesterol*_ ... we found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, [and] ate the most calories, weighed the least and were the most physically active." --Dr. William Castelli

Castelli was the director of the study and--wait, what's this?--happens to be one of the authors of Good Fat, Bad Fat! Now, don't you feel a little uncomfortable following advice that is dubious at best? Do you feel a little cheated?

What I suggest is that you do a little research on the other side--read books like Know your Fats by Mary Enig and Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price. [...]

By the way, the soup was delicious.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 26, 2010 1:58 PM PST

Sit & Solve - Lateral Thinking Puzzles
Sit & Solve - Lateral Thinking Puzzles
by Paul Sloane
37 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, January 4, 2008
This is a great book full of many categories to stretch your mind, including math, science, and story problems. Many of the questions can be played in a group, like 20 questions. Then you also have to arrange things like pencils and coins certain ways. This book is a great introduction to lateral thinking puzzles!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3