Profile for John W. Scott > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John W. Scott RSS Feed (Florida, USA)

Flexi Explore Retractable Belt Dog Leash, Large, 26-Feet Long, Supports up to 110-Pound, Red
Price: $29.99
21 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT leash, February 11, 2014
This is a top notch leash. Lifetime warranty and on our second one from this company. GREAT build quality, VERY solid. I would DEFINITELY recommend this leash.

PYLE-PRO PMP53IN 50 Watts Professional Piezo Dynamic Megaphone with 3.5mm Aux-In For Digital Music/iPod
Price: $40.07
60 used & new from $34.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, February 11, 2014
The build quality of the horn itself is pretty solid but the detachable mic and battery compartment durability over time could be a problem. Works great, plenty loud and a great value.

ProSelect Stainless Steel Classic Dog Bowl, 5-Quart
ProSelect Stainless Steel Classic Dog Bowl, 5-Quart
Price: $7.44
10 used & new from $7.24

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT value, great bowls!, February 11, 2014
These bowls seem to be made quite well and hold alot of food/water! Some complained about the stickers and at first it does seem like a problem but I found that soaking them in water overnight then using a plastic scraper works GREAT! They could move that sticker to the bottom or somewhere less inconvenient but the product is such a great value I don't feel it detracts from the rating.

IMAX: Born to Be Wild (Blu-ray 3D)
IMAX: Born to Be Wild (Blu-ray 3D)
DVD ~ Morgan Freeman
Price: $29.96
22 used & new from $16.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A must own for all you 3d TV owners out there!, April 26, 2012
I am BLOWN AWAY by the immersive 3d. I watched this movie at the IMAX when it came out and if you own a 3d set, you owe it to yourself to get this one. It is one of the best 3d Blu-Ray experiences out there. I watched it last night on my LG 65LM6200 and it was almost as immersive of an experience as it was in the theater. Happy watching!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 1:38 PM PDT

LG 65LM6200 65-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses (2012 Model)
Offered by Shopper Delight
Price: $1,999.99
3 used & new from $944.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so AWESOME!!!, April 26, 2012
Having owned a 2004 62" Toshiba DLP set (62hmx94) for the last 8 years, I didn't want to downsize so I went with the LG 65LM6200 but I got it from HHGregg locally for $2450. I'm blown away by the picture quality and 3d of this set. I think the resolution upscaler (new for 2012) and Triple XD (vs last year's XD, which refers to the number of processors: 3 vs 1)make a difference because standard def content never looked so good! Fired up Born To Be Wild 3d Blu-Ray on my PS3 and I am BLOWN AWAY by the immersive 3d. I watched this movie at the IMAX when it came out and if you own a 3d set, you owe it to yourself to get this one. It is one of the best 3d Blu-Ray experiences out there. I just purchased this TV last night but did a ton of research on this set and the 65LW6500 (last year's model) beforehand and was ready to buy the LW6500 until I was able to get a price within $250 (for warranty and all) of last year's model for the 65LM6200. I didn't feel an extra $700 was worth it but for $250 I was willing to pull the trigger. I'm sure in the next few months the price I negotiated will become the norm so I just sped up my timetable with a little hard negotiating. I really like Amazon but not enough to pay a few hundred more! I did notice a little clouding in the lower middle right of the screen but was able to resolve that by massaging the screen with a microfiber cloth. I have not noticed any of the flashlighting or edge bleed reported with many of last year's LW6500 sets. Maybe I got lucky but hopefully it's because LG addressed this well known issue from last year. I like the WiDi support(haven't used it yet) and dual gaming (not sure if I'll use it) but the 2d to 3d I have used and must say it adds alot to most programming. Great depth control and effect. You can't go wrong with either this set or the 65LW6500 but for a reasonable amount more I felt compelled to go with the 2012 set. I will update this review as my ownership experience with this set evolves.
Comment Comments (26) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2012 9:47 AM PST

Arkon Windshield and Dashboard Smartphone Car Mount Holder for Apple iPhone 6 Plus 6 5 5S 5C Samsung Galaxy Note 4 3 S5 S4 S3
Price: $17.95
16 used & new from $15.80

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY! A decent, affordable mount, April 7, 2012
After going thru a few of the flex arm style windshield/dash mounts that were cheaply made, and that's putting it kindly, I stumbled onto this little gem. This mount was everything I wanted and needed. First of all, I am streaming live while driving so the one thing you'll find if you want to do the same is that flex arm mounts WILL NOT WORK! TOO MUCH SHAKE! My GPS mount is one with a solid arm with a ball pivot setup at the end but it's for a GPS and won't work with a smartphone. I was able to rubber band my HTC Evo Design 4g to it while I awaited this Arkon mount's arrival. It was worth the wait. It is built VERY solidly, no shake (using on windshield but haven't tried dash mount) and everything just feels like it should. The one thing, and I think others may have mentioned it, is the release button does abruptly pop open, scaring passengers. It doesn't bother me because it's a small price to pay to have a properly built and designed mount. THANK YOU ARKON!! I highly recommend this for anyone with a smartphone that needs a mount for windshield or dash at a nice price.

iSimple IS31 Antenna Bypass FM Modulator for Factory or Aftermarket Car Radios
iSimple IS31 Antenna Bypass FM Modulator for Factory or Aftermarket Car Radios
Price: $25.45
66 used & new from $19.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, February 15, 2012
I needed an aux port solution for my 2005 Honda CR-V SE stock deck and this worked great! I was able to install it in less than an hour and the sound quality blows away the cassette player adapter and is FAR cheaper than a true AUX port adapter ($80+)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2014 1:43 PM PST