Profile for Luv2READ > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Luv2READ "Luv2READ" RSS Feed (NY)

Page: 1 | 2
The Storyteller
The Storyteller
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to snuff, March 11, 2013
This review is from: The Storyteller (Kindle Edition)
I usually love books by Jodi Picoult. Not this time. The story was not compelling and the characters were shallow. After 50 pages I was bored to tears.. This particular book seemed forced and after about 75 pages I shut the cover and returned it to the library. Sadly, this novel is not anywhere as good as her other books.. I found something else to read... Maybe Jodi is writing about a subject she doesn't personally relate to because the characters were extremely dull

Private Berlin: (Private 5)
Private Berlin: (Private 5)

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop letting other authors do your writing, January 10, 2013
I usually like a good Patterson book but the quality is now very iffy. He lets other people do the writing so he can publish a book a week and it shows this book was Awful. Too many characters, too little connection, too much change in timing..a pile of garbage. After 39 pages I stopped reading. Don't waste your time.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 16, 2013 2:42 PM PDT

Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake
Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake
by Anna Quindlen
395 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG - THE BEST BOOK!!!!, June 25, 2012
I have read many of AQ's novels... this is a first non fiction read for me written by this fabulous author. Perhaps you need to be of a certain age to truly appreciate the words she put to print.. but this book is inspirational.. I would recommend it to every woman quite honestly. She is such an authentic writer and gives one opportunities to reflect and remember. I was sorry the book wasn't 500 pages longer...

Home Front: A Novel
Home Front: A Novel
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Soooooo predictable!!, February 21, 2012
OMG.. tell me you didn't know exactly what was going to happen. this book was not at all interesting because the plot was so predictable.. It was like a formula.. Sorry Ms. Hannah.. you didn't rate with this one

Private Games
Private Games
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $5.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Predictable...boring..not worth reading, February 21, 2012
This review is from: Private Games (Kindle Edition)
While I usually love Patterson books, this was not a Must read. In fact, I think Mr. Patterson is churning out too many books with little literary effort. This story was dull... predictable and not worth my time..

Defending Jacob: A Novel
Defending Jacob: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a Great book, February 13, 2012
This mystery had me going!!! It is a wonderful story with many twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat. one of the best mysteries I have read in a while. reminds me of Grisham and Turow!!

A Conflict of Interest: A Novel
A Conflict of Interest: A Novel
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

4.0 out of 5 stars good legal thriller, January 30, 2012
I did figure out the ending about 2/3 thru the book, nevertheless the legal part of the story was well done. there was one twist that surprised me and I enjoy a writer who can keep up the suspense!! sort of reminds of a Grisham novel and that is a good thing!

Lost December: A Novel
Lost December: A Novel
by Richard Paul Evans
Price: $13.99
215 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars finished in 2 days!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Lost December: A Novel (Hardcover)
a wonderful read that made me cry. If you have children or have ever struggled you will love this novel.

Sing you Home
Sing you Home
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best EVER, March 24, 2011
This review is from: Sing you Home (Kindle Edition)
As always, Picoult's book is timely and well written. The book kept me up late at night as I couldn't wait to find out what happened!! Her characters are realistic, her verbiage is sophisticated and the plot line is compelling. Love this author and everything she writes

Fragile: A Novel (Jones Cooper Book 1)
Fragile: A Novel (Jones Cooper Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.59

4.0 out of 5 stars well written mystery, September 16, 2010
although I kind of figured out "who done it" there were a number of twists and turns that kept this book compelling!

Page: 1 | 2