Profile for Concerned One > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 834

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Concerned One "Thrashfan" RSS Feed (IA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Price: $3.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in it's own way, not the New Jersey Smithereens., February 27, 2014
This review is from: Smithereens (MP3 Music)
This is a 4 song EP by a band that apparently do not realize there is already a major band with a similar name, or maybe they do and they are trying to ride the wave. I chose to download this to investigate what it was, and it's a folk music type band using mainly acoustic instraments. very gentle, soothing harmonies, occasional flute. Sounds a bit early pink floydish at times honestly, which i like a lot, so this wasn't too boring for me. Overall, not a bad pruchase, a different change of pace for my cloudplayer to put through. If you are thinking this is new material from the New Jersey band formed in 1980, look elsewhere

Altitudes & Attitude
Altitudes & Attitude
Price: $5.49
20 used & new from $1.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rock and Roll from two bass players, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Altitudes & Attitude (Audio CD)
David Elfson and Frank Bello started this as a side project from bass player clinics they were going to, and now we have a sample of what i hope will be a full blown album in the near future. Just straight up rock and roll bearing little resemblance to their other to main projects. They sound like they are having a lot of fun and the songs are well crafted. The best song on the album for me is the song "Here Again" with Gus. G doing guitar work on it. Very cool and has base intro with that guitar just blazing away after the breif rumbling. It wants to get you up and bouncing and dancing in a way that's differnt than the thrashing. energetic. The mixing is fair, but sounds a bit like playing in a tin shed,and the blending is just not quite there for me, but not enough to make me detract from an excellent rating. I bought the digital version last month and the physical version when it was released this month, and look forward to a full album.

Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars not the New Jersey Smithereens, but good in a different way, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Smithereens (Audio CD)
This is a 4 song EP by a band that apparently do not realize there is already a major band with a similar name, or maybe they do and they are trying to ride the wave. I chose to download this to investigate what it was, and it's a folk music type band using mainly acoustic instraments. very gentle, soothing harmonies, occasional flute. Sounds a bit early pink floydish at times honestly, which i like a lot, so this wasn't too boring for me. Overall, not a bad purchase, a different change of pace for my cloudplayer to put through. If you are thinking this is new material from the New Jersey band formed in 1980, look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 1:19 PM PDT

Craig On The Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging (CMA3558) (Red)
Craig On The Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging (CMA3558) (Red)
Offered by Detroit Packing Co.
Price: $19.95
5 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, adequate sound., November 28, 2013
I have done ample research into bluetooth speakers and have used many of my friend's over the past year or so, including bose, auvio, and jawbone jambox, and all of those have very good balance of bass and trebel with sustained clarity at high volume. I decided to snag two of these on a pre thanksgiving sale to finally have one of my own, and I am very happy with this for my light use. It connected easily to my ipod 4th gen, my droid3, and my wife's I phone 5, the sound reproduction lacks a bit of the depth of the others noted above (not tinny per see, just not a lot of punch) I tried it over a range of musice (audioslave, journey, apocalyptica, brad paisley) and at the mid volume ranges does quite well. It does break up a bit when you push volume up fairly loud, but I don't plan on running it that loud. The only negative I see is occasionally while I'm pushing and holding to turn volume up and down it will do the skip track, a hazard with many of these units with dual function, but this one does it more than the more expensive speakers. Overall though, the current price on amazon and the one I paid make these a very good alternative for light users like me.

Drop Stop - The Original Patented Car Seat Gap Filler - Set of 2 (AS SEEN ON SHARK TANK)
Offered by Drop Stop LLC
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, August 21, 2013
Sure, many people say a rolled up towel does the trick at a fraction of the cost. I just received my drop stops today, took less than a minute to put in my car, and they look and work great. The material is a slick spandex like cloth with foam rubber in it comparable to a soft stress ball material. Looks like it will wipe off easily. Secondarily this slides right over the seat belt latch/release and moves with the seat, no towel can do that well. My car has a grey and black interior (2011 hyundai sonata) and these look like they should have come with the car. Very pleased with purchase. Though I do not drop things often, the few coins and pens that fall out of my pocket now do not stand a chance of getting jammed or lost beside the seat.

Also, the two bonus gifts of the credit card light is very bright and small, going right in the glove box. The drop stop grip mat may be useful, but I will have to see. Finally, amazon priced this perfect, at 25 even, the illusion of free shipping as super saver shipping. Excellent move.

Commuter Series Hybrid Case for Motorola Droid 3 & Milestone 3
Commuter Series Hybrid Case for Motorola Droid 3 & Milestone 3
Offered by SGImports
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good case thus far, August 17, 2013
I have had this case for 9 months on my milestone 3 and so far it is holding up alright, except the screen side protector is loose on the edge that I push open to get the keyboard, but it's not fall off loose, just wants to push up now. Only been doing this the last month. I am impressed that it also works with the bf6x and extended back cover. Buttons still line up adequately. This has had quite a few drops over the time i've had it (my son has a lot to do with those), so I have no qualms. A good investment without breaking the bank for a cover (Not the cheapest cover, nor the most expensive), but good quality. Worth a look.

NETGEAR Dual Band Wi-Fi Range Extender - Desktop Version with 4-Ports (WN2500RP)
Price: $79.09
74 used & new from $59.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked inconsistantly, and caused issues with my main signal., August 15, 2013
I purchased this item and gave it a good trial period of 14 days. I wanted to have a better signal in my bedroom which was on the limits of my netgear n-600 router's range (i get an inconsistent level there with my smartphone, so sometimes it works, other times not). When I saw netgear had this product out now, and i had a little bit of time, i thought I could make my network better. I have 2 computers, a PlayStation, a tv, and a blu ray player all connected to network, plus 2 phones, and the only devices that usually go into near dead zone was our phones and laptop, all other devices have fair connections with my main wifi network (including blu ray in front of bedroom, opposite side of room from our bed where signal is weakest).

This extender connected within 5 minutes (used push button set up with my netgear n600 router). It went way too easy for me, and my main computer showed all 4 networks in the house (original 2.4 and 5ghz of main router and extender) and my phone showed both 2.4ghz signals. I was able to switch between the two, and made sure settings were optimized for speeds on each of the signals. Then the problems started.

I noted the 2.4ghz signal kept dropping to orange and red (was green for quite a while the first day, then the next day it was simply out). I would reset main router and signal would come back, then drop off again when i connected. I moved the extender all around my second floor, then moved it down to first floor directly across from main router and only about 25 feet total away, and signal fluctated for the first day after move, then stayed steady green.

That is when the issues started with my phones having issues connecting to both the main router and extender, and if I shut router off and reset main, i would get my main network signal back on our phones. My computer seemed to keep all signals for most of the time, so I think it just had to do with the phone getting confused on which signal to sign onto since there is a cross over spot in the house that the signal is equal and so it would connect to neither automatically (and manually for that matter). 3 days before i returned my unit, i just couldn't get either network of the extender to connect to my dual band connection of my computer. it was this way on my phones also (all bars of both networks wifi, but no data). Other times it would show signal and not connect. During all this, I was resetting my main router and cable modem to make sure all signals were good and fresh ip addresses were there, no luck. I unplugged extender, packed it back into the box, reset my network router one last time, and now both dual bands are good, data going on all computers, phones, devices for the past two days, so the extender went back to the store i purchased it from. I will just have to live with a weak signal in my bedroom, and purchase a more powerful wireless router the next time i need too.

I feel this is a good product, and I have had a netgear router for my last 2 routers over past 7 years, and most of my friends and family have netgear, and all very happy with them. This extender did work for me briefly, and I'm sure the problems I explained could be fixed by continued tweaking as well as a phone call or two to netgear (though their website and the manual were all very helpful , easy to follow, and answered the questions i had, and I tried all the things suggested), but it's just not worth any more time for me. My time is better spent elsewhere (like my family and job). 10-20 minutes a day spent tinkering adds up . I do not plan on buying another extender from any brand right now, all appears to function the same way and I think I'd be in the same boat. This journey reminded me be happy with what I have, and not try to expand on something that had been adequate. I'll just buy a more powerful main router next time.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2013 11:50 AM PDT

Heavy Metal Music
Heavy Metal Music
Price: $10.00
40 used & new from $3.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great effort on first full lenght debut!, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Heavy Metal Music (Audio CD)
This has been one of my most anticipated albums of the summer for me. I really liked the Metal EP and this continues very much in the vein of that ep with 11 tracks on the standard full length version of this album. two of the songs are from the Metal EP (soldierhead and King of The UnderDogs) so they will are great to hear again, but the new tracks are excellent from top to bottom. Mike Mushok from Staind plays his guitar very well on all the tracks, and displays that he is more than what he was limited to in Staind. Very much an "old school" guitar, drum, bass sound. For me, it is tough to pick a favorite song because all of them have catchy riffs and parts of each that just really resonate for me. each song clocks in between 4 to 6 minutes (shortest being 4 minutes with ampossible, longest being nocturnus at just over 6 minutes). With songs of this length, Newsted is able to change paces several times and if you don't care for a part, wait a minute, and the next section may be really good. This has a lot of tones of his voivod work present in it, so fans of voivod may like this also. I highly recommend it to fans of good hardrock/metal/thrash.

I have personally purchased 2 versions of this album, but there are several versions out there. Amazon USA offers from what I can see only the standard 11 track cd and vinyl, but there is also the version I just purchased through amazon UK that offers the 11 tracks plus the bonus track "spiderbiter" and then the other two metal ep songs "skyscraper" and "godsnake" as tracks 12, 13, and 14 respectively. This version includes the "making of heavy metal music" documentary dvd. The other version I purchased was from i-tunes featuring the bonus track "The Differents" as track 12. There is also the 2 vinyl version with 11tracks and possibly the CD, and a 12 track 2 vinyl version that comes with a CD that appears to be europe only and features the track "spiderbiter" also.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with many things, July 18, 2013
I have purchased 10 of these items through 2 different sellers as 5 packs from amazon, both at great prices, and both work as advertised for most things. My wife had an iPod 4, so we had bases and cables galore for it, and just recently got the IPhone 5. These worked for all chargers, and also worked immediately in her minivan's system (Volkswagen/Chrysler). They did not work for my 2011 Hyundai Sonata, but that is a system issue (they have a proprietary plut that is required to even use the ipod 4. i wish it was as simple as just using the usb and aux cord together, but it isn't, i tried. Basically that means you have to use blutooth or aux cord and have no steering wheel control or display of song name in my car. Some of the bases i have play music fine with this, but won't charge, another one i have charges, but won't play music, but I had issues with this when my wife first got the ipod touch 3rd generation, many items worked for the 2nd generation, but didn't work for the 3rd. If it worked with the 3rd generation, it worked with our 4th generation touch. Unless apple chanes their proprietary ways, this will continue to be an issue, but these items will help some of your problems without breaking the bank. I reccomend purchasing these first like and check all things before investing in more expensive fixes because this is so affordable. I give this a 4 star review solely because it worked in main spots i wanted (charging and the van) and the low cost ability to test pre-existing systems capatability.

Metal
Metal
Price: $3.96

5.0 out of 5 stars great ep, lp to follow soon I hope, June 2, 2013
This review is from: Metal (MP3 Music)
This is Newsted's debut ep, and Jason Newsted's alleged "return to metal". He's had many projects since leaving Metallica, including a stint with Sepultura, Voivod, and Papa Wheelie, all of which are I consider metal, but this is his first fully fronted (not bass player "new" member) and assembled by him, where he is primary writer. This EP is a conglomerate of his old stuff with Flotsam speed, mixed with a Voivod finish. In fact, the vocals sound much like they could be on a Voivod album, at least to me. The musicianship is good. Worth the purchase!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20