Profile for Concerned One > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 840

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Concerned One "Thrashfan" RSS Feed (IA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Music Box Biographical Collection: Pink Floyd
Music Box Biographical Collection: Pink Floyd
DVD
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, May 19, 2015
Just plain bad, no quality to any of the interviews, basically information than one could find on wikipedia, probably just as accurate, and interviews with random people. No flow and jumpy in the timeline, just leave unwatched

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
Price: $180.70
97 used & new from $125.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4th netgear router upgrade, just as easy as my first to set up., April 17, 2015
I have had this router now for about a week, and so far, it plugged in and set up as easy as my previous netger wireless routers. It took me longer to get a spot arranged in the closet i keep this in than to set up the network settings. I finally decided to spent the extra cash to try and get better coverage for my whole house (around 2200 sq ft) and this sure does it for my house. In fact, both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz reach the lenght of the house now and into my backyard, with 2.4ghz covering the most of course. I am averaging 840mbs on my S5 accoring to the Netgear Genie wireless app. I previously had the N750 netgear, was very happy with it, but i needed a more consistant signal with a new TV and blu ray player for use with my streaming services i have started to use more in my bedroom that had a decent signal with my old router (around 50 to 60% at times). this filled that gap and cut down on a lot of lag/bogged signal i used to have (currenly reads 90 to 100% singal in that area of the room on both bands). Overall, i an very pleased with this and will update this if any issues arise.

The Stinky & Dirty Show [HD]
The Stinky & Dirty Show [HD]

5.0 out of 5 stars good kids show, January 28, 2015
My 3 1/2 year old loves trucks and diggers, so a garbage truck and a digger together is perfect for him. He thought this was pretty neat. i hope this gets a green light for a few more shows.

Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Smart Network 4K Plus 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 Smart Network 4K Plus 3D Blu-Ray Disc Player
Offered by BigBoxSuperstore
Price: $109.95
31 used & new from $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased with this purchase, January 26, 2015
Thus dvd delivers on what is advertised. I bought it for my 4k tv, hooked it up, connected right to wifi, upgraded firmware, uploaded the apps like amazon instant video i wanted from the app store ( a nice feature, i have a sony blu ray player that came pre loaded with a lot of aps i'll never use), set the beast to 4k output, and boom, getting the most out of blu rays i can at this time for a good price. Only negatives is the layout of menu takes a bit to get used to, and the netflix button is crowded close to the up arrow so it's easy to hit and get taken to netflix when you do not want to. It is not annoying enough to lower my rating to less than 5 stars for now. If i have issues later i will update this.

Samsung UN40HU6950 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD 60Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
Samsung UN40HU6950 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD 60Hz Smart LED TV (2014 Model)
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: Click here to see our price
19 used & new from $539.35

4.0 out of 5 stars nice tv, but get at good price, January 3, 2015
I have had this tv for a week, and use it for a bedroom tv ( Set up was easy enough, smart functions all work well, and the picture is very good. I was hesitant to purchase initially because it is only a 60hz panel with the inflated "clear motion" rating of 240, but having it home and watching a few bowl games and racing films, this did alright with it. The colors are good, but the question is was the 4k worth paying more for this vs.a lesser priced 1080p tv. For me, the answer is not really. I have a new 240hz native 55 inch led panasonic in my living room, and i feel it's picture and features are right on par with this tv. I chose this tv over a 42 inch clone of my big tv (120hz though) that was 350 less than what i paid for this tv, but stuck with this tv to introduction of 4k to my house at an affordable price. I had looked at 4k 50 to 70 inch tv's when i got my 55 inch led to replace my old plasma (may it r.i.p, a tv ahead of it's time, did great for me), and cost vs benefit i really couldn't see enough difference to justify spending a lot for one of those tv's. There is minimal 4k content, and it does look excellent on this 40inch, but upscaled 1080p does also. When more comes around, i'll be ready to watch and see if i want a larger 4k tv then. The tv is sound 4 stars, but not 5 because the extra cost for 4k over 1080p tv for an average user like me is none at this time. Gamers and photo enthusiasts who use this like a monitor may find more benifit

PipeLine PLMHLDONGLE Premium MHL to HDMI Adaptor
PipeLine PLMHLDONGLE Premium MHL to HDMI Adaptor

5.0 out of 5 stars works with my samsung s5 with 5 pin to 11pin usb adapter, October 3, 2014
I just purchased this item to use with my samsung s5, got a good deal on it. At first, it did not work, but I did not panic, knowing my phone is mhl enabled. I looked at the companies website, and since this product was made way before this phone, it is not listed as compatible, and I didn't have another phone on the list to check the function, nor another adapter. So, I emailed the company, and got a response within a day on what I needed to do. Apparently samsung S5 uses an 11 pin usb plug vs. 5 pin on the mhl adapter, so they offered to send me an adapter (5 pin to 11 pin to slip over the end) at no charge. It arrived, I put it on, and it worked right away, and even works with my powerbank as the power supply. 5 stars on the picture and sound, product does as it is supposed to, and 5 stars to the customer service.

Price: $3.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Good in it's own way, not the New Jersey Smithereens., February 27, 2014
This review is from: Smithereens (MP3 Music)
This is a 4 song EP by a band that apparently do not realize there is already a major band with a similar name, or maybe they do and they are trying to ride the wave. I chose to download this to investigate what it was, and it's a folk music type band using mainly acoustic instraments. very gentle, soothing harmonies, occasional flute. Sounds a bit early pink floydish at times honestly, which i like a lot, so this wasn't too boring for me. Overall, not a bad pruchase, a different change of pace for my cloudplayer to put through. If you are thinking this is new material from the New Jersey band formed in 1980, look elsewhere

Altitudes & Attitude
Altitudes & Attitude
Price: $3.99
25 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rock and Roll from two bass players, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Altitudes & Attitude (Audio CD)
David Elfson and Frank Bello started this as a side project from bass player clinics they were going to, and now we have a sample of what i hope will be a full blown album in the near future. Just straight up rock and roll bearing little resemblance to their other to main projects. They sound like they are having a lot of fun and the songs are well crafted. The best song on the album for me is the song "Here Again" with Gus. G doing guitar work on it. Very cool and has base intro with that guitar just blazing away after the breif rumbling. It wants to get you up and bouncing and dancing in a way that's differnt than the thrashing. energetic. The mixing is fair, but sounds a bit like playing in a tin shed,and the blending is just not quite there for me, but not enough to make me detract from an excellent rating. I bought the digital version last month and the physical version when it was released this month, and look forward to a full album.

Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars not the New Jersey Smithereens, but good in a different way, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Smithereens (Audio CD)
This is a 4 song EP by a band that apparently do not realize there is already a major band with a similar name, or maybe they do and they are trying to ride the wave. I chose to download this to investigate what it was, and it's a folk music type band using mainly acoustic instraments. very gentle, soothing harmonies, occasional flute. Sounds a bit early pink floydish at times honestly, which i like a lot, so this wasn't too boring for me. Overall, not a bad purchase, a different change of pace for my cloudplayer to put through. If you are thinking this is new material from the New Jersey band formed in 1980, look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 1:19 PM PDT

Craig On The Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging (CMA3558) (Red)
Craig On The Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker - Retail Packaging (CMA3558) (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, adequate sound., November 28, 2013
I have done ample research into bluetooth speakers and have used many of my friend's over the past year or so, including bose, auvio, and jawbone jambox, and all of those have very good balance of bass and trebel with sustained clarity at high volume. I decided to snag two of these on a pre thanksgiving sale to finally have one of my own, and I am very happy with this for my light use. It connected easily to my ipod 4th gen, my droid3, and my wife's I phone 5, the sound reproduction lacks a bit of the depth of the others noted above (not tinny per see, just not a lot of punch) I tried it over a range of musice (audioslave, journey, apocalyptica, brad paisley) and at the mid volume ranges does quite well. It does break up a bit when you push volume up fairly loud, but I don't plan on running it that loud. The only negative I see is occasionally while I'm pushing and holding to turn volume up and down it will do the skip track, a hazard with many of these units with dual function, but this one does it more than the more expensive speakers. Overall though, the current price on amazon and the one I paid make these a very good alternative for light users like me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20