Profile for Matt Shamblin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matt Shamblin "Computer Geek" RSS Feed (Raleigh, NC USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Starrett PT22430 Snug And Rod Unit for Test Indicators
Starrett PT22430 Snug And Rod Unit for Test Indicators
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, April 25, 2013
I have never had any problems with the Starrett products I have bought, and this item is not any different.

Boker Applegate/Fairbairn Fighting Knife. 11" overall
Boker Applegate/Fairbairn Fighting Knife. 11" overall

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice knife, April 10, 2009
This knife is excellent quality. Has a very solid and sturdy feel to it, holds an almost perfect edge. I've owned many Boker knives in my life and this one is just as well made as the rest have been. This knife is just as good as any of the more expensive alternatives.

Romertopf Reco Garlic Baker
Romertopf Reco Garlic Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars must have for garlic bread, April 5, 2008
I take the garlic baker, soak it in water for a few minutes, then cut the top third off of a glove of garlic (just enough to expose the little pods inside) then brush it with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper, then bake it in the oven on about 375 for 30 minutes. When it's done, you take the garlic out (allowing to cool) and you can just squeeze the garlic out of the little sections, because it gets reduced to the consistency of butter. You can squeeze it out onto bread, spread it around, and throw the bread back in the oven for a minute with the broiler on, and you've got healthy, simple, and delicious garlic bread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, very warm, April 5, 2008
Excellent quality, leather is thicker than most gloves like this but not so thick that you can't pick things up, and the cashmere inside keeps your hands REALLY warm. I have ski gloves that don't compare to these in warmth. That being said, they are much thinner than the ski gloves, and more stylish. They are also a good size, I usually have a hard time getting my hands into extra-large gloves, these fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and spicy, April 5, 2008
I make a mix of these and unsalted cashews the keep in a bowl out on my counter. When my friends come over they always grab a handful.

Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil Gl
Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil Gl

4.0 out of 5 stars Gives great flavor to stir fry, April 5, 2008
I make stirfry style dishes two or three times a week and this oil adds great flavor to the mix, start with some of this, get it nice and hot, throw in your meat, then veggies, and when it gets to the desired consistency, top with a little soy sauce, teriyaki, or hoy sin to taste and you've got a good meal every time that's relatively healthy. The oil doesn't have as good a taste as the higher priced sesame oils that come in smaller quantities, but to get this much of those higher priced ones it would cost between $300 and $400. Most people can't taste the difference, and for the cost difference it's definitely good stuff.

NEW, 12-Inch Long Stainless Steel Skewers, Barbecue Skewers, BBQ Skewers, Shish Kebab Kabob Skewers, Ring-Tip Handle, 1-Dozen
Offered by Utensil Pro
Price: $6.89
12 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Got just what I wanted, April 5, 2008
These are just what you would expect from the product description. Metal is good quality, I've used them a few times and just put them in the dish washer and they come out great every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, nice light material, April 5, 2008
I normally wear a 2x in bathing suits, and I read reviews saying these run kinda small, so I ordered a 3X and a 4X. The 4X actually fits pretty well, the 3X was kinda small. I know this is kinda how this style of shorts is supposed to fit, but I didn't expect such a drastic difference in sizes. They look great, my girlfriend really likes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, good leather, April 5, 2008
Leather is soft, but sturdy, good stitching, good fit. No lining gives you the dexterity to pick up smaller things easily while still wearing the gloves. Not great after it gets down to about 10 degrees, but to that point they keep your hands nice and warm. Snaps at the wrist are a good touch.

Elizabeth Karmel's 15-inch Double Kabob Skewers, Set of 4
Elizabeth Karmel's 15-inch Double Kabob Skewers, Set of 4
Price: $23.57
7 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars really a good idea, January 6, 2008
The main problem I have when making kabobs is when i go to turn them, half ot the stuff on the skewer spins and half doesn't so part of the food burns and part doesn't cook evenly. This solves that problem quite nicely. I wish the handles were a little longer but otherwise I am very happy. They are well made too and worth the extra money.

Page: 1 | 2