Profile for Archimedes > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 173

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Archimedes RSS Feed

Price: $29.99
16 used & new from $26.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cooking fan for some entertainment centers, May 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We are casual gamers in my house. I have a 10 yr old son and a husband that like to play final fantasy and madden games. I thought this fab would be a great help for the days when they are both on it most of the day. Unfortunately I had to make a few adjustments for it to work well. We have an enclosed shelf so the exhaust going out the back was an issue. I moved it to on top the center which did make it functional but with a 2 year old in the house it was often knocked off as it wasn't secured. However, the fan was on the quiet side. Not silent but not super loud. I didn notice that it came on while the Xbox was off which I think is a feature that could be improved upon. Overall it does work. But he willing to move your console if needed and deal with the fan coming on periodically.

Neutrogena  Cool Dry Sport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30, 5 Fluid Ounce
Neutrogena Cool Dry Sport Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 30, 5 Fluid Ounce
Price: $9.90
9 used & new from $9.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sensitive skin and great coverage, April 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was slightly hesitant to try this sunscreen as it is not marked sensitive. My kids all have allergies to many different sunscreens so we typically stick with the neutrogena sensitive ones. However, this has worked perfectly. We are often by the pool watching my oldest at his swim practices during the late morning hours when the sun can be very damaging to my fair skinned girls. Both of my girls are blonde with porcelain complexions so sunscreen is a must. My middle child also has sensory issues so we can not use one that dries sticky or that is too thick and leaves a residue or has a smell. This was a little thick on application but once it dried there didn't appear to be a residue or any stickiness that would bother the girls. There was also a very light scent but nothing overly tropical.

The protection offered by this was excellent as after a week of being out from 10-12 ish each day didn't cause any sun burns and there wasn't any irritation of the skin. It is quite hot and the cool part did seem to hold up to its' claims.

DII Home Essentials Reversible Ultra Plush Sherpa Printed Throw Blanket for Bedroom, Counch, Car, Gift, Dorm, 50 by 60-Inch, USA Flag
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mid-level throw, April 18, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very high quality blanket! It is not the ones you will get from walmart as it has a soft thick liner on the backside that is very similar to a robe in texture. My kids love that they can share it across a couch and I love how soft and warm it is. I have washed it once and while it leaves a lot of lint behind there wasn't shrinkage or fading. This is a great buy for a thicker style blanket.

Crayola Color Alive Action Coloring Pages - Skylanders
Crayola Color Alive Action Coloring Pages - Skylanders
Price: $5.97
18 used & new from $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun once you get it working!, April 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This has been a good coloring project for this kids. HOWEVER, the app portion did not work as well. At first it would not work with our ipad mini. My son figured out that we needed to scan the special effect color a few times and that was our error. It worked after we figured that out but there was a lot of frustration until then. When you hit 4D you can take photos with your new color buddy (so your child can take a pic with their skylander character). Neat concept just be sure to scan the special effects color a few times.

Black & Decker TR3500SD Rapid Toast 2-Slice Toaster, Silver
Black & Decker TR3500SD Rapid Toast 2-Slice Toaster, Silver
Price: $34.99
11 used & new from $29.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent step up from the regular toaster!, April 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love this toaster. Previously I had a black and decker toaster but was very curious about the "rapid" toasting. It is actually faster. It toasts my waffle in just a few seconds and will lightly toast bread even quicker. It seems to take significantly less time to toast. I would compare it to upgrading your computer and seeing how much faster it moves. While toasting is generally quick this is definitely a step up. the look is very sleek and clean as well. I am truly hopeful this one is as durable as my last toaster that lasted several years. I will update if this one doesn't make it long.

A fair warning is that putting this on 3 almost burned my waffle. It does appear that you need to turn the settings down further on this toaster than on a regular one.

Born Free Bottle Genius, The Smarter Bottle Maker
Born Free Bottle Genius, The Smarter Bottle Maker
Price: $169.97
15 used & new from $169.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Dud, March 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We thought this would be excellent to have at our house because I often babysit my niece and she drinks odd increments of formula so we can't use our mixer to make 1 bottle. We followed all of the directions in the booklet, pressed the button to accomplish nothing. The machine hasn't worked. I had several other try and it simply isn't working. I have seen some good reviews so perhaps this is a dud but for us it hasn't worked.

Fluxx 5.0 Card Game
Fluxx 5.0 Card Game
Price: $13.27
28 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuing the Fluxx Tradition., February 14, 2015
This review is from: Fluxx 5.0 Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fluxx 5.0 definitely continues the fun that is Fluxx! We have played the older version for several years and greatly enjoy it at family game night. This deck does lack the creeps as advertised which is why it gets 4 stars. I really enjoyed the creepers although I find the game does move faster without them. However, the creepers always were a great point of humor for my group so I would love to see them expanded in a future version.

The new goals are funny as always and the structure of this game is the same as previous versions. If you haven't played before, be ready for a card game that brings up a lot of conversation and chances for laughter. This is best not played for super competitive games as winning is a bit of a stroke of luck!

LUXA2 Energy Slim 5000mAh Compact Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank for iPhone/Samsung/HTC/Nexus/GoPro/and Tablets - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $24.99
10 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver for life on the go!, January 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This device is a lifesaver! After a few hours when it becomes fully charged, I can attach my phone through a USB cord and charge it at least twice while on the go. I can attempt to charge my ipad but I haven't had the best luck as the kids tend to play it while it is hooked up. In this case, it continues to work but doesn't charge very quickly. I will say this is more compact than an earlier model from a different brand I purchased last year, however, it seems just as effective. Device is about a month old and so far I don't see any long-term battery issues with my iphone and it appears that the charger cords are in good shape. I will update if I encounter issues with either of these.

Assassin's Creed Unity - Xbox One
Assassin's Creed Unity - Xbox One
Offered by WorldWide Distributors
Price: Click here to see our price
171 used & new from $13.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game but filled with glitches, January 3, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The game is really good so far. The story line is still not as good as Brotherhood but it isn't the worst one that has been created. The graphics are amazing on the xbox one system. However, the big issue I have had is the game is glitchy. Examples of the glitches are 1. Hay and things floating in the air 2. My character got stuck in the game and literally couldn't go any further. To resolve these glitches, and others I encountered, I had to restart the mission, which is why it only earned three stars. They seem to happen fairly often in the game and it does become a point of frustration.

Belkin Apple MFi Certified Lightning to USB ChargeSync Cable for iPhone 6 / 6 Plus, iPhone 5 / 5S / 5c, iPad 4th Gen, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini, 4 Feet (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cord, December 2, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
So far this cord has worked wonderfully for both my iphone 5 and my son's ipad mini. Both devices recognized the charger and I have not gotten the message "This is not a supported accessory." The length is nice. It gives my son a little extra room to play his ipad while it charges. The true test will be how long this cord lasts. I will update this review if it gives out after only a few weeks. This review was completed on 12/2/2014 (so you will know how long it lasts).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18