Profile for J.K. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 10

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J.K. RSS Feed

OsoCozy Unbleached Organic Flannel Baby Wipes 12 pack
OsoCozy Unbleached Organic Flannel Baby Wipes 12 pack
Offered by All Together Enterprises
Price: $14.95
3 used & new from $13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wipes for cloth diapering and wiping, April 16, 2012
We use these wipes along with Bumgenius Organic Elemental 12 Pack of Cloth Diapers All in One MIXED COLORS in a Prince Lionheart Premium Wipe Warmer for baby. These wipes are great--not only are they organic, so I can feel good about not exposing baby to unneeded toxins. They are soft and have held up to many, many washings and dryings with great results. To use them in the warmer, I fold them in half and then roll them up, and fit about 20 in the warmer (which is about enough for a whole day).

The Nesting Pillow - Organic Nursing Pillow with Washable Slip Cover
The Nesting Pillow - Organic Nursing Pillow with Washable Slip Cover
Offered by Blessed Nest
Price: $94.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without it, April 16, 2012
This is my favorite baby item. I couldn't live without it for baby! Unlike the Boppy, it's filled with buckwheat, so it's very malleable and warm for baby. It has been the perfect nursing companion, as well as napping companion, for myself and baby. I can sit on the bed and put the pillow on my lap, and it's very comfortable for both of us to nurse (and has been for four months now). When baby fell asleep nursing when he was very little, it was easy to transfer him from pillow to crib. Now it's a great support while napping, and has been doubling as a laptop lap pad when I get to work from home. The slipcover comes off easily and washes easily, and it's all organic, so I feel good about baby spending lots of time on it. Love this pillow--worth the high price tag!

Glass Bottles Triple-Pack 9oz
Glass Bottles Triple-Pack 9oz
Offered by BabyHaven
Price: $24.00
10 used & new from $22.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these bottles!, April 16, 2012
We bought the Born Free glass bottles after much research. I knew that I absolutely wanted to use glass over plastic, as glass is non-porous and non-reactive, and I am concerned about the levels of chemicals that our children are consuming through the leaching of plastics--even "safe" ones. The bottles arrived (we bought both the 9oz. and the Wide Neck Glass Bottle 5 Ounces). I boiled them to sanitize, and we introduced bottles at 5 weeks. Baby took to them right away, without a problem, and four months later is still able to switch between bottle and breast very easily. The bottles come fully apart and are easy to clean, and he has never had a problem with gas or colic or ear infections related to the bottle. I even froze breast milk in them for a little while when I ran out of storage bags. These were a great purchase.

Summer Infant Elite DuoMat for Car Seat, Black
Summer Infant Elite DuoMat for Car Seat, Black
Offered by DropAir
Price: $31.49
11 used & new from $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Save the leather!, April 16, 2012
We use this car seat mat with a Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat, Shadow. We opted not to use an infant car seat at all (I call them baby pods), and this pad has been a saving grace with our leather seats. The car seat still installed very snugly and tightly, and does not move--our car is equipped with a LATCH system. It keeps spills off the leather, and keeps the car seat from permanently denting the leather as well. We haven't had any problems with the mat discoloring the leather either, but the car is parked out of the sun for most of the time, as well. My only two complaints about the mat are that the little rubber nodules underneath have started to "shed", making a mess, and it is quite difficult to get to the seat belt latches on either side of the car seat for passengers (it is installed in the middle) because the car seat mat is very wide.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2013 3:08 PM PST

Natursutten BPA-Free Natural Rubber Pacifier, Orthodontic, 0-6 Months, 2 Pack
Natursutten BPA-Free Natural Rubber Pacifier, Orthodontic, 0-6 Months, 2 Pack
Offered by ZoŽ b Organic
Price: $16.50
3 used & new from $16.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked the idea, but not the execution..., April 16, 2012
I loved the idea of a natural rubber pacifier, since I want to expose baby to as few toxic substances as possible. I bought these, as well as some Bornfree Coolflow Pacifiers 2 Pk, which are BPA and phalate free. Baby did not seem to have a preference as far as nipple shape on the pacifiers, but disliked when the rounded part of the pacifier would smash his nose. I was concerned about it when he slept, because it blocked his nose airways and seemed like it made him uncomfortable. Ultimately, the idea was better than the execution of the product, and we now exclusively use the Born Free pacifiers.

American Baby Company Organic Waterproof Natural Quilted Fitted Crib Pad Cover
American Baby Company Organic Waterproof Natural Quilted Fitted Crib Pad Cover
Price: $34.99
10 used & new from $28.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and stretchy and organic, too..., April 16, 2012
We bought two of these for baby's crib, and have been happy with the purchase. The padding is soft, but not too fluffy, and it fits very tightly around the mattress. Organic cotton was a must for us, since baby spends a lot of time sleeping in the crib. It washes and dries easily, and we haven't had any problems with it becoming misshapen. We didn't purchase a crib bedding set, so the off-white color was fine. Overall, I would purchase again.

NoseFrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator
NoseFrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator
Price: $15.11
67 used & new from $12.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than the bulb aspirator, April 16, 2012
The snotsucker (aptly named, I might mention), is a vast improvement to those hospital-issue bulb nasal aspirators. Though getting past the gross-out factor is the first (and admittedly a little difficult) step, it allows you to control the strength of the suction, as well as being able to suction longer--if you take a big, deep breath, anyway. Clears out nasal passages fast and doesn't seem to be too traumatizing for little noses.
The only complaint I have is that the tip was too large to fit into baby's nasal passages until 3 months of age.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2012 12:57 PM PDT

The First Years Deluxe Nail Clipper
The First Years Deluxe Nail Clipper
Price: $2.99
24 used & new from $1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great nail clipper, April 16, 2012
Great nail clipper. Sharp to get those tiny nails clipped quickly. Have managed to go four months so far without any major nail incidents! Used the magnifying glass a lot at first, but less now that baby's nails are a little larger (and baby is a little less squirmy).

The First Years Wave Stroller, Black/Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
The First Years Wave Stroller, Black/Green (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the First Wave Stroller!, April 16, 2012
Purchased this stroller when I was 8 months pregnant. I LOVE this stroller! We get so many compliments on it while out and about. Getting a rear-facing stroller was really important to me, because I did lots of research on language development, and we practice many aspects of Attachment Parenting. The stroller allows baby to see us, feel comfortable, as well as look out to the world.

It is quite easy to put together (even at 8 months pregnant), and took about 20 minutes to assemble. It rolls and turns easily and smoothly, and it's easy to get baby in and out. The "spin" feature on the carriage is great and works easily. I also love how it doubles as a bassinet for little ones--we used it around the house as a bassinet up until 3 months, which saved us money on having to buy something that you only use for a few months!

The extending handle is great for taller folks, and the overall design is easy. It collapses easily and is pretty easy to convert from stroller to bassinet mode.

The only cons (which I don't really mind) are that it isn't really all that compact. I have a mid-size sedan and it takes up a good chunk of the trunk space. It is also a bit heavy, though we don't tote it around all that much (mostly use it for walking baby + dog around the neighborhood), so it's not a big deal to us. Price could be considered a con as well, but I thought it was pretty reasonably priced compared to the other rear-facing stroller options out there.

All in all, I love this stroller. It's served us well for several months so far with no signs that it won't continue to in the future.

Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer
Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer
Price: $9.49
39 used & new from $7.18

1.0 out of 5 stars Vicks Baby Thermometer - Doesn't Work, Doesn't Last, April 16, 2012
Got this thermometer for my baby shower, and assumed, since it was a simple thermometer, that it would work. Put it away in the medicine cabinet until I needed it. When I needed it, I went to turn it on and it didn't work. Replaced the battery, and it didn't work. The item is defective.