Profile for Marvin > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Marvin RSS Feed (HORSESHOE BEND, ID, United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Poetic CoverMate Case for Google Nexus 7 2nd Gen 2013 Lion (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $12.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case!, June 4, 2014
Everything about this case works great. The screen on/off switch via the cover being opened or closed works perfectly. I've dropped my tablet several times since I got this. No damage to case or tablet. Buttons are accessible. It works very well to stand the tablet on angle on a table. In the 7 months I've owned this it has gotten a little bit dirty. I've never tried to clean it. One small issue. One of the metal strips that the magnets attach to for keeping the cover closed came out of it's slot. I knew that it was cracked beforehand. I could have caused the crack, or maybe it was a manufacturing defect. Either way, a drop of crazy glue and it is perfect again.

Buy this!

Giant Stuffed Caterpillar 4 and 1/2 Feet Long Squishy Soft and Colorful
Giant Stuffed Caterpillar 4 and 1/2 Feet Long Squishy Soft and Colorful

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful. Clean. Soft., January 5, 2014
I got this for my nieces 2 year birthday. She loves it! It is bigger than she is but not so big she can't carry it around.

Remington King of Shaves Alphagel Sensitive Skin Aloe Enhanced Shave Gel, Cooling Menthol, 5 Oz (Pack of 6)
Offered by Health and beauty and more for less
Price: $22.49
2 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shave ever!, September 9, 2013
I've been using this stuff for quite a while. When US stores apparently stopped carrying it I was in severe withdrawals. Thanks to Amazon for having it available. My skin is never irritated and it makes even an old, dull razor glide smoothly along.

This is Someone's Loved One: An Undertaker's View (Visceral History)
This is Someone's Loved One: An Undertaker's View (Visceral History)
Price: $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A newspaper article gone long, January 7, 2013
This was interesting, but not really a book. It was basically a newspaper article that was long enough to 'print' in book form. The end turns out to be more of a smattering of details rather than a fluid story.

If you're curious, then you'll enjoy this book. If you don't want to know what the life of an undertaker is like, skip it.

What They Don't Tell You About Alzheimer's
What They Don't Tell You About Alzheimer's
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Informational, interesting and heartbreaking, January 7, 2013
After having lost my mother prematurely to cancer, this work struck me in a particularly soft spot. No, cancer and Alzheimer's really are nothing alike, but losing a loved one via slow deterioration is equally difficult no matter the cause.

The story telling and the relationship details are not overbearing but are just enough to help the reader emotionally connect with what is taking place.

This book is also pretty useful as a training guide both on what to watch for and, should someone you know actually have Alzheimer's, what to do. The missteps and corrective measure taken are extremely valuable information for anyone who is looking for long-term care for someone. It is usually our first time to do so, and that usually means lots of mistakes. This book, no matter your situation, will help you avoid some of those errors.

The story of this man and his mother also unmasks what most people never learn about a condition they know someone has. The dirty details are not withheld, and thus the mystery is revealed. It can be a little 'yucky' in a couple of moments, but that is part of reality and what I believe this author was intending to convey.

Do yourself a favor and read this book. It's a reality check, and a treasure.

Hunting Old Snowbeard's Gold:  Searches for and Seekers of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine
Hunting Old Snowbeard's Gold: Searches for and Seekers of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but too 'conversational', January 7, 2013
This short title has some pretty fascinating information and is fairly well told. I'd recommend the first half to anyone. The second half becomes what seems like a rush though modern attempts to find gold, without much attention to storytelling.

On a Sea So Cold & Still: The Titanic-A Centennial Reader
On a Sea So Cold & Still: The Titanic-A Centennial Reader
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't put it down. Pictures 'broken', December 17, 2012
I am 50% through this book, but I wanted to do a preliminary review. So far the story is riveting and well dispersed. The necessity to go back and forth in time is handled very well, and events are tidily grouped into relevant sections.

One issue is that there are images included, but they do not appear on my Kindle, or my smartphone app, or on the Amazon.com reader. Would love to see the pictures.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2012 7:14 PM PST

A Cappella Hymns: Great is Thy Faithfulness
A Cappella Hymns: Great is Thy Faithfulness
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this music. So uplifting and at the same time, peaceful., February 28, 2012
Every time I'm looking through my albums for whole, joy-filled, heaven-pointing music this is what I choose. It is so very well arranged and performed. I get the sense that they actually were singing to the Lord, not just to my ears. Do not hesitate to get this album.

THE REPLACEMENT gODS [Exposé on Comic Book and Super Hero Films]
THE REPLACEMENT gODS [Exposé on Comic Book and Super Hero Films]
DVD ~ Scotty Mayer | Thom Mayer | Brandon Mascareñas
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye-opening entertainment expose!, February 7, 2012
This film is excellent! I've seen several other productions from this company and all are very well made. The Replacement gODS clearly and unequivocally outlines the relationship between the comic/fantasy/superhero ideology and the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Not only is the film entertaining and very well produced, it is still more enlightening than it is entertaining. I highly recommend this to anyone that wants to know more about the world we live in and how society shapes our world-view.

Acoustic Hymns
Acoustic Hymns
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I listen again and again, April 1, 2011
This review is from: Acoustic Hymns (MP3 Music)
This album is wonderful. I wish he would make more albums of hymns. It is very difficult to find beautiful, worshipful (thanks other reviewer) hymns. I recommend this album to anyone.

Page: 1 | 2