Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Jeffrey Dorn > Reviews

Browse

Jeffrey Dorn's Profile

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffrey Dorn "Blackshoepirate" RSS Feed (westbrook, me United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Amazon Video
Amazon Video
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for Netflix!, September 15, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Video (App)
I'm upta camp. It's raining just a tad which makes it a good time to watch a video and slip into a nap. I have a WiFi connection but NO AMAZON PRIME VIDEO. (I know! I'll run back home quick and grab my desktop and drag it up here.) Come on Amazon. Get with the program!

FASTFIRE Cross-body Sling-style Camera Strap
FASTFIRE Cross-body Sling-style Camera Strap
Offered by FASTFIRE Camera Strap
Price: $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This sling allows the camera to relax behind me where it rides gently and comfortably against the cheek of my ass instead of pul, January 2, 2015
Superb.
I carry a canon 7d with long lens and flash into crowded streets or on filed trips. This sling allows the camera to relax behind me where it rides gently and comfortably against the cheek of my ass instead of pulling on my neck and bouncing on my belly. I wish I had bought one of these two cameras ago! Well worth the price. Would I buy it again? Absolutely… Every camera should be outfitted with one of these.

Decky Men's Long Cuffed Knit Beanie Cap
Decky Men's Long Cuffed Knit Beanie Cap
Offered by SSAA Accessories
Price: $7.90
13 used & new from $2.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Its warm and comfortable. It breaths and is washable, January 2, 2015
Its warm and comfortable. It breaths and is washable. What more could you ask for in a basic watch cap?

Smartwool NTS Light 195 Training Beanie Black One Size
Smartwool NTS Light 195 Training Beanie Black One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality. It makes a great liner under a ..., January 2, 2015
Light. Warm. Excellent quality. It makes a great liner under a ball cap and fits neatly and comfortably into a back pocket. Expensive? A little but well worth it.

Earth Rated® Green Dog Waste Bag Dispenser for Leash (Includes 15 scented bags)
Earth Rated® Green Dog Waste Bag Dispenser for Leash (Includes 15 scented bags)
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $3.99
62 used & new from $1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars What a chincy piece of crap. This was my second… the first one fell ..., January 2, 2015
What a chincy piece of crap. This was my second… the first one fell apart within days. I of course blamed my daughter for being to rough with it. The second one just came apart while out walking, again within days of purchase. The bags rolled off… the "Lid" went missing. Very disappointed.

Sophia Global Compatible Ink Cartridge Replacement for PGI-225 CLI-226 PIXMA printers including MX882 MG8220 MX892 MG6220 (2 Large Black, 1 Small Black, 1 Cyan, 1 Magenta, 1 Yellow)
Offered by SophiaGlobal-
Price: $12.90
2 used & new from $9.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Savings but not worth it..., April 22, 2012
OK... These work but not well. The print quality for photos is dismal. The difference from Canon ink cartridges and these isn't even funny the quality loss is so drastic. If your printing office stuff or term papers and quantity is your concern then the savings in money might be worth it. (I print school stuff for the kids all the time. For this application it isn't so bad...)If you are looking to print fine finer quality photos for sharing or framing? Skip these... the $$$ savings are not worth it.

Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars All around good gear., April 18, 2012
I bought these after one of those moments of frustration when my last set of cheap buds began to come apart and sound crappy. (Don't miss 'em... they were not comfortable) That moment of frustration nudged me to buy a real set of buds that fit right, sound great and last. (Six month and counting) I have to admit that the price caused some hesitation... but I was acquainted with Klipsch sound quality. I have been very happy with these. I use them with my laptop for a range of listening needs. These buds and a little Sunday AM Jazz in the background will drown out all annoyances... The base is great and the range is a great match up for movie watching. IN SHORT: These buds do what they are supposed to do. I like that.

Canon EOS 7D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by 33 Street Camera
Price: $1,279.00
44 used & new from $689.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Upgrade!, April 15, 2012
I looked long and hard at either this 7D or a 5D. They each have their strong points. After much deliberation I let go of the full sized sensor and went with modern features. So far so good... I upgraded from a Rebel Xsi which was a wonderful camera for me. There are many features to learn how to use on the 7D but I love to learn. The camera is not simple...

The camera is awesome! The build quality is superior. It feels rugged. The switches and dials function well and with ease. The controls are easy to comprehend. Adjustments can be made quickly. There is a noticeable picture quality difference from what I was use to with the Rebel. Lenses I thought were just weak perform better when matched up with this 7D. I enjoy being able to take pictures without flash so I appreciate the ISO capabilities on this camera. I have turned it up pretty high and quality stays satisfactory. (I'm no pro so there isn't too much nitpicking with me...) I would make the same choice again unless I'd won the lottery. (Then I'd buy a Mark 1) Generally speaking I am very happy with my choice. Would I like to have a full size sensor? Sure, but you don't miss what you haven't had so I'll save that dream for my next upgrade!

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM OS FLD Large Aperture Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital DSLR Camera
Price: $1,149.00
60 used & new from $699.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Sigma Affordability, April 15, 2012
This is a very new purchase for me. I have had little time to use it yet but so far I am thrilled. I have been looking at this or the Canon "L" series and finally let price settle the matter. I am sure the Canon lens is worth the money to a pro but I am a Dad with kids and an expensive hobby. I looked at both for a long time. I like the feel of this lens on my D7. I liked that the reviews are favorable and I have some experience with other Sigma lenses which are also favorable. Enough...

This lens is heavy. Much more so than the Canon 55-250mm Efs lens I'm replacing. So much so that I have ordered a mono-pod to help support it during games and other activities I like to photograph. I do not see this as becoming my "walk around" lens... It is sharp and the auto focus is fantastic. (Same with my other 2 Sigma's) The build quality feel is very nice. There is nothing "Chincey" about it at all. I do wish it was weather resistant like the "L" glass is but that's what you give up by saving $1000 right? I am very excited to have this addition in my collection and will update this post after a bit of time has past.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 5, 2015 6:28 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweatshirt thinks it a coat..., March 3, 2012
I work outdoors, in Maine, all year around. I know what it means to dress in layers. This sweatshirt is a favorite layer of mine. It is heavy and warm and ever dampens the breeze to some extent. (It is not a wind breaker... let's not get silly) It is a great layer on its own when it is mild and a superior layer to have on under a Gortex shell when it is nasty and damp and COLD. Aside from the comfort this sweatshirt boasts a heavy, EZ to use zipper, a full function hood and sturdy, deep, tool and hand friendly pockets. I can't sing it's praises high enough. (but for a fee I'd be willing to give it a go) (Hint Hint Carhartt)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4