Profile for Jennifer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 621

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer RSS Feed (DC Suburbia)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
GRIPSense Case for iPad 2/3/4 - Purple
GRIPSense Case for iPad 2/3/4 - Purple
3 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I would buy this again in a heartbeat., December 14, 2014
I got this from a deal site in April 2013 to use on our kids' iPad 2. I had wanted something that would protect the glass when set on hard surfaces (check), protect from bumps and small drops (check), and be easy to take on and off because I had a magnetic fridge mount (the Woodford Design FridgePad Fridge Mount for Apple iPad 4, 3, iPad 2, iPad) that I also used for recipes while cooking (check).

It was super easy to put on and take off--but not so much that kids could do it because you need a bit of directed strength to pull the second side over the edge of the iPad.

It was on our iPad for over a year with no damage to the iPad (though our kids were pretty gentle overall with it). (I did also have a screen protector on it, though.)

I wanted the same case when we upgraded to an Air and even contacted the company but I didn't want to wait as long as they said it would be until the new versions came out.

I'm super picky about cases and have sent back a handful after realizing how flimsy some rubber cases were...but I would not hesitate to recommend this or purchase another one.

Nixplay 8 inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame. iPhone & Android App, Email, Facebook, Dropbox, Instagram, Flickr & Picasa - W08A
Offered by Nixplay & NIX
Price: $99.99
2 used & new from $79.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "Pairing" feature is misleading and somewhat disappointing, but overall I love it. I've bought four as gifts., December 8, 2014
I had some minor issues setting it up at first. I input my wifi password, it connected and downloaded the update, but then upon restart WOULD NOT connect to my wifi again. I was giving me WEP/WPA (or something like that) connection errors. And trying to enter the password on the remote was infuriating. I finally let it sit and my husband tried later and it connected right away. So who knows what was going on.

The online setup is fairly easy to understand and I quickly created albums and playlists...but then discovered that the only playlists that update automatically are ones that you can set up to have emailed pictures sent to. Which, honestly, for the most part is fine. When you create your nixplay account, you are assigned a nixplay address--this is what you (and others) use to email photos to the frame. In testing, the photos appeared almost immediately (within minutes).

I actually liked it so much within the first few hours of playing that I decided it would be the perfect gift for grandparents. (We had gifted them all a regular digital frame years ago but it's impossible to keep updated since they're not cloud-connected.) I was especially excited because I was thinking everyone could have their own account but they could be paired to mine (perfect, since I will be sharing the majority of the photos with each frame) so I was quite disheartened to see that this isn't the case.

THAT SAID, this frame is still completely awesome which is why I give it five stars. I would honestly do 4.5 but since customer service response times are quick, I erred on the positive side.

HERE'S MY EXPERIENCE WITH PAIRING:

The four involved frames are:
1. Wi-fi Cloud Frame Edge 13"
2. Wi-fi Cloud Frame 15"
3. Wi-fi Cloud Frame 8"
4. Wi-fi Cloud Frame 12"

For example, Frame 1 is our personal frame on our account.

Frame 2 will belong to my parents (an upcoming Christmas gift) but they need their own account/nixplay email address because five different families will be emailing pictures to the frame (and it's easiest for them to have their own nixplay email and have pictures automatically routed and published to playlists instead of me having to intervene and mess with incoming photos from five families).

Frame 3 will belong to my MIL (an upcoming Christmas gift). She has almost zero computer experience so I figured she wouldn't need a nixplay account. But if people other than us (her other son) wants to email photos, he would have to email to MY nixplay address and I'd have to manually move the photos around to her playlist. And If *I* wanted to email photos to her frame, I'd have to manually move photos around as well--because while you can configure emails from ABC to go directly to a certain playlist, you can't differentiate more than one playlist. So it doesn't make sense for her to share MY nixplay email either!

Frame 4 fits the same basic properties as Frame 3, with the exception that I will likely be the ONLY one sending pictures...BUT AGAIN! I don't want to have to manually move photos around once I email them! I want to open my Photo Roll on my phone and send the photo to four difference frames at once--without any other intervention!

I had THOUGHT I would be able to pair gifted frames to my account as well (along with Frame #1) so that I can push special playlists directly to that frame (like "Halloween 2014" or "Wedding 2001" but every time I tried to add another frame to my account (one that was going to parents), it told me that frame was already paired.

Looking up their instructions/user guide didn't help, either: "To pair more than one Cloud Frame, please note you will need to subscribe to nixplay Plus" - but that goes against their statement that standard accounts can pair up to five frames for free. Also along these lines, when I ordered from Amazon, the item page said that standard accounts can pair up to five frames and Pro can pair up to 10--but when I received the frame, the info in the box said Standard was only allowed one account. But then their website confirms what I saw on Amazon--that Standard gets five pairs. Talk about confusing!

So I wrote customer service and explained everything and asked what I was missing. They told me "An account would have the capability of being paired with 5 different frames. The account itself should act as a 'command center' where you would be able to manage all different frames. A frame can only be paired to one account at a time."

So, when we are told that up to five frames can be paired to our account, what it actually means is the people we gift these frames to cannot have their own account/nixplay email address AND we would be responsible for micromanaging every single photo (unless you wanted all pictures you emailed to go to every frame). If you like micromanaging, that's cool, but I want it to be 99% automated. Also, if your giftees want to be able to put their own photos on the frame (their vacations or whatever), they would have to email them to themselves.

But overall, it's still a great frame and I know our recipients will be THRILLED. And who knows, maybe sometime in the future the software will upgrade to include that feature.

Business Source 65646 Stand Up Stapler, Fullstrip, 20 Sheet Capacity, Black/Gray
Offered by NEOwurks
Price: $7.84
17 used & new from $4.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for general home use; doesn't always close staples nicely., December 5, 2014
Most of the stapling I do is sheets of 2-4 pages, and I've noticed in the first day of use that these do not get stapled tightly together. In a test run of 10 staples on two sheets of paper, about three of them stapled cleanly/close. The other seven didn't close completely (on the back) which left lots of wiggle room. I've used staplers like this before and honestly don't remember this being an issue, but it's been a few years since I've been in an office setting. This is just for home use (so, maybe stapling things 3-5 times a month, if that) so at this price it's not worth sending back...but if I had it to do over, I'd just go with the Staples brand of these that I know works perfectly.

Metrokane 9957 Rabbit Adjustable Jigger, Stainless Steel
Metrokane 9957 Rabbit Adjustable Jigger, Stainless Steel
Price: $9.21
2 used & new from $9.00

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job but I'll stick with my old glass one., December 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a sucker for gadgets of any kind and I love my Rabbit bottle opener--so this was a no-brainer. Unfortunately, I don't love it.

Hand wash? Seriously? Had I realized that I never would have gotten it. That said, I did put it in the dishwasher (top rack) and it didn't seem to come out worse for the wear. But I'm sure many trips through would start having adverse effects.

As others have said, it's neat, but needlessly complicated with extra pieces. I can see if you were super stylish and wanted your jigger to sit out and match the rest of your sleek modernistic design this would fit right in. But I'm guessing for the majority of users, their jigger is tossed in a back cabinet until you need it once or twice a year at a party.

It works, but I'll stick with my glass version.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum, 2 fl. oz.
Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum, 2 fl. oz.
Price: $29.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea if this actually helped my skin or not., December 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm always looking for new skin treatments so I was eager to try this. I don't get awful breakouts, but I do have uneven skin tones and random blemishes. For comparison, I have mostly used Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum.

Honestly, I didn't see much difference in my skin in the two weeks that I used this product. I thought "Well, as least things aren't getting worse" and then I had a two-blemish breakout. Was it due to this product? Would I have gotten them anyway? Would I have gotten them if I was still using the Regenerating Serum? Who knows! In my opinion, that's the problem with products like these--unless you see a MAJOR difference immediately (I'd say within a few days) how can you tell if it's really doing anything or if you'd be better off with soap and water?

Other points?

I didn't like the smell at all--but at least it goes away quickly. I thought it was super expensive until I learned that you don't need much at all--four drops was enough for my entire face--so at that rate, the bottle will last FOREVER.

All that said, I will be trying it on my kids next--my young son has been having some breakouts and I figure this is worth a shot as long as I have it. I'll update when I've tried it.

So, overall, I'd have to go with two stars for "I don't like it" because it didn't seem to do anything for me. Your mileage may vary.

Munchkin Bath Fun Bubble Blower Toy
Munchkin Bath Fun Bubble Blower Toy
Price: $13.49
5 used & new from $13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a keeper., December 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My kids love bubbles and bubble machines so this was a no-brainer. As expected they loved this, too, and now ask for it at every bath.

The bubble output is high, the flow is quick (bubbles traveled fully across a big Jacuzzi tub), and it survived having water poured in it AND being completely submerged (albeit very quickly). The only bad thing is that the suction cups seem toi hard and stiff to be of any actual use...so we just sat it on the edge of the tub.

But overall it's a keeper.

Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Women's Adrie Ankle Boot,Black,US 11 M
Vionic with Orthaheel Technology Women's Adrie Ankle Boot,Black,US 11 M
Offered by What's Hot
Price: $149.95
4 used & new from $149.95

5.0 out of 5 stars These are great and unfortunately I now also want them in brown!, November 19, 2014
I'm always worried about ordering ankle boots without trying them on because I have thick ankles that often don't fit in normal boots (and forget higher-than-ankle boots!). But since Amazon has a great return policy, I went ahead. And I'm SO glad I did because I love these! They fit perfectly and zip up with no problem! They are also of course super comfy and my feet are now happy! I've been wearing a pair of Born shoes that are a bit easier to put on (slip on vs. zipper) but are definitely not as comfortable after 30 minutes! There wasn't even any break-in time because my feet were already used to the footbed having Orthaheel flip flops, mules, and slippers! My only dislike is the price point--that's A LOT to pay for a pair of shoes, even if they are leather. But they make my back feel good so they're worth it. I highly recommend these.

Trademark Global 72-0820 Sunlight Floor Lamp 5 Feet - Trademark Home Collection
Trademark Global 72-0820 Sunlight Floor Lamp 5 Feet - Trademark Home Collection
Price: $39.95
18 used & new from $34.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bright enough for a whole bedroom light; great as reading light., November 17, 2014
I was HOPING that it would be the perfect light for a small bedroom without an overhead light. I didn't read all 600+ reviews, but I read enough to think there might be a chance it would work. But it didn't. You could aim the light upwards but even then, it just wasn't bright enough to use as a room light. So, we moved it to the side of our bed where my husband often reads and the regular lamp just wasn't enough...and it's perfect there.

My Little Blue Robot (Paula Wiseman Books)
My Little Blue Robot (Paula Wiseman Books)
by Stephen Johnson
Price: $14.55
79 used & new from $1.74

4.0 out of 5 stars My 5yo son built this with help from his dad in about 20-30 minutes., November 17, 2014
My husband and son built this in about 20-30 minutes one Saturday morning. My son was old enough to read the instructions himself but he definitely needed help from an adult.

PROS?

* It's a super cute idea for kids who like robots and like to build things.

* A quick and mostly easy project.

* You get a robot at the end.

CONS?

* The screwdriver is VERY flimsy and if you're not careful (or if your little sister grabs it) it's useless and you will need a real screwdriver or a small coin.

* Some of the pieces were tough to detach.

I got it at Sam's Club for around $10-12 and I'd say that was a good price. I wouldn't want to pay too much more than that.

Orajel Single Dose Cold Sore Treatment, 0.04 Fluid Ounce
Orajel Single Dose Cold Sore Treatment, 0.04 Fluid Ounce
Price: $13.59
14 used & new from $10.33

5.0 out of 5 stars These really helped after a bad breakout., November 1, 2014
I had been under the weather with who-knows-what for weeks (nothing that was prescription-drugs-worthy, unfortunately) but I wanted to get a flu shot when it was convenient, so they gave me one since I didn't have a temperature. At the time I had the beginnings of one cold sore, which I was religiously putting Abreva on every 30 minutes. So imagine my surprise when I woke up the next morning (after my flu shot) with THREE MORE cold sores. Holy crap. I hadn't had an outbreak like this in 20+ years. I hadn't really even had a single cold sore in over a year. So it was off to the store to see what there was...and I was desperate so I figured I'd try this (it also helped that there was a coupon online for "try it free").

It didn't feel like it was doing much when I put it on and I actually wondered if maybe I should keep putting the Abreva on...but I didn't for the first day. I didn't have high hopes, but I kept my fingers crossed.

Well, here I am, barely one week later, and they're almost COMPLETELY gone. The gross crusting-over-and-scabbing parts happened quickly and my lips are almost fully healed. I am certain that using this treatment lessened the total time because I know cold sores have lasted up to two full weeks from start to finish.

The only CON that I can think of is that each tube has A LOT of solution in it--with four cold sores, I had a full 4-5 rounds (used in one sitting, as each one dried I kept moving to the next) before it was empty. If you only had one cold sore, it seems it would be more of a waste or you're sitting there a lot longer to use it. (Directions say to use all of the medication in the vial and dispose of immediately but not to use more than three times per day. This seems a little confusing and could be cleared up.)

But overall I'm sold---especially for the price (free, the first time!) considering you get TWO applications. and FYI Amazon is cheaper at about $12 (Target was $16).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20