Profile for E. Brown > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 914

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

E. Brown "EB" RSS Feed (The Wilds)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips Disney 797811 SoftPals Mickey Nightlight
Philips Disney 797811 SoftPals Mickey Nightlight
Price: $36.05
2 used & new from $36.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What You Might Think, August 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The darn thing takes 12 hours to charge, but only holds the charge for part of the night - 6 hours. I go to bed at 10pm. By 4am, the night light is out & I'm left stumbling about in the dark. ...So what's the point? I can't imagine why they couldn't use a battery that takes less charging time & at least lasts through the night. My tiny Garmin battery holds a charge much longer & it powers GPS.

The second most ridiculous thing... the set-up instructions. You wouldn't expect to need major instructions for a night light, but ya do & the diagrams make little sense. Still haven't figured out what tilting it from side-to-side is supposed to do.

Note to manufacturers: When you design a product, give it to someone outside of your company & watch them set-up and use it. What good is a dead night light at 4am?

On a positive note, I like the idea of a portable night light. Instead of using a number of night lights, I can carry this with me. ...as long as it's before 4am. (side eye... gum pop)

I think I'd rather have two plug-in night lights over this overly complicated, short-life contraption.

Garden of Life Kind Organics Plant Calcium, 90 Organic Tablets
Garden of Life Kind Organics Plant Calcium, 90 Organic Tablets
Price: $24.29
11 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NOTICE HOW FOSSILS ALWAYS HAVE TEETH BUT WE LOSE OURS?, July 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We brush, floss, have modern dentistry, eat organic foods... and our teeth still don't looks as good as fossils or as good as folks living in tribes. Most of us have cavities, root canals, bridges, etc. That's because even mass-produced organic food is still grown in mineral-depleted soils. Herein lies the need for this product.

The combination of D & magnesium with calcium saves money & time as both D and magnesium aid in the absorption of calcium.

What's more, D3 is the most bioavailable form of D. Unfortunately, many folks are told their D is low but no one tells them that D3 is what they need.

If you're concerned about the health of your teeth and bones, this would be the product to purchase. If you have a diet that is more acidic than alkaline, I'd recommend this product. If, like most of us, you're eating food grown in mineral-depleted soil, you really do need this supplement. You might also add a "trace minerals" supplement.

Not only is it the right combination of the right strain of minerals, the product is organic & plant-based, so it's free of pesticides & useful for vegetarians & vegans as well.

Garden of Life makes excellent products - high-strain probiotics & organic supplements like this which include absorption minerals.

Well done.

Digestive Advantage Daily Probiotics for Kids Supplement, Gummies, 60 Count
Digestive Advantage Daily Probiotics for Kids Supplement, Gummies, 60 Count
Price: $13.91
7 used & new from $10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Candy!, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let's be honest, folks. This is candy, first & foremost. Corn syrup & sugar are the first two ingredients. So, whilst it may draw the kids closer, make sure they brush just a little bit better. Aside from that, this is a decent, mild probiotic. Depending on your bacterial flora, you may have different responses to probiotics. For me, my skin becomes very smooth. They say your skin is a reflection of your liver health. Whatever the case, smooth skin is good, so I'm happy with the product.

Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4640 Wireless and WiFi Direct, All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD11201)
Price: $249.99
25 used & new from $249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars YES, LAWD! Ink that lasts. 4640 vs 4630, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Forget that laser printer. Someone is finally serving up an inkjet properly. I won't bother parroting the stats above but, in terms of actual usage, the machine does everything well, with speed and quality. Incredibly easy to set-up. Solid, well-made work horse. Perfect for a small office.

My biggest beef with most printers is having to buy ink every other day. If a printer is perfect in every other way, but I find myself constantly shopping for ink, I will hate it. Not a problem w/ the 4640. The cartridges are large and ink management is optimal.

Printing from a mobile device is easy to set up either via local wifi, or sending a file from your mobile (anywhere in the world) to your printer's email address. It works for Android & iOS. Works much better than Canon's system.

I use the 4640 for my small business office. Epson also offers a WF-4630 which I use for my home office. The only difference is the 4640 has a larger touch screen & can hold 580 sheets of paper. The 4630 holds only 330 sheets. $100 extra for this 4640 is pretty steep but the additional paper storage comes in handy if many folks are using the machine throughout the day.

This is the first time I've been completely satisfied with how long ink lasts, quality of print & printer, speed & ease of use on one printer. If any issues arise, I'll edit this review. 'Til then, when you factor in the long list of features with my review, you'll understand why I say Epson hit the ball out of the park.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2014 4:34 PM PDT

Epson WorkForce Pro WF-4630 Wireless and WiFi Direct All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, 2-Sided Auto Duplex, ADF, Fax. Prints from Tablet/Smartphone. AirPrint Compatible. (C11CD10201)
Offered by Iron's Deal House
Price: $196.00
27 used & new from $170.00

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT DAMN! Finally, ink that lasts. 4640 vs 4630, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

My biggest beef with most printers is having to buy ink every other day. If a printer is perfect in every other way, but I find myself constantly shopping for ink, I will hate it. Not a problem w/ the 4630. The cartridges are large and ink management is optimal.

Printing from a mobile device is easy to set up either via local WiFi, or sending a file from your mobile (anywhere in the world) to your printer's email address. It works for Android, Apple and more. Works much better than Canon's system.

Epson also offers a 4640 model for an additional $100. For that extra cost, you get a larger touch screen & a printer that holds 580 sheets of paper instead of the 4630's 330 sheets. I'm not sure those features warrant spending an additional $100.

This is the first time I've been completely satisfied with how long ink lasts, quality or print & printer, speed & ease of use on one printer. If any issues arise, I'll edit this review. 'Til then, when you factor in the long list of features with my review, you'll understand why I say Epson hit the ball out of the park.

Meguiar's M4966 Complete Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration Kit
Meguiar's M4966 Complete Marine/RV Fiberglass Restoration Kit
Price: $42.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Loves it!, June 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Really a complete kit. I use it on my waverunner & motorhome. Has everything I need & works well. I would definitely purchase again.

Suunto Ambit2 Black GPS and Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Suunto Ambit2 Black GPS and Heart Rate Monitor Watch
Offered by Cool Chrono
Price: Click here to see our price
34 used & new from $320.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Fenix 2... Polar V800... Suunto Ambit2???, May 29, 2014
I've been using the Ambit2 for a month. My partner got his Garmin Fenix 2 a few weeks prior. Here are some differences.

If you want a shorthand comparison, Garmin's Fenix 2 is like a high-end Android. Suunto's Ambit2 is like an iPhone. This pretty much sums up the differences, but read on for specifics.

The Garmin has more features than the Suunto - vibrating alerts, receives text messages, virtual partner, edit profiles on device, connects to Android & iPhone. Unfortunately, Fenix 2 doesn't have the best software. The system can be glitchy and unstable. The user interface is not very responsive, has a bit of a lag.

The Suunto has fewer features than the Garmin, but what it does, it does really well. It's very well-executed. The screen responds instantly. The GPS locks on notably faster than the Garmin every time. In place of Virtual Partner, vibrates & text messages, Suunto has quality upgrades like frequent updates, 10-second & 1-minute GPS pings which saves battery life. It's also waterproofed to 100m (Garmin is 50m). You can download apps. So, you never know what your Ambit2 might be able to do down the road.

If you want a lot of tricks & customization, the Garmin will deliver. If music is important to you, Fenix 2's vibrating alerts make it your guy. ...but at the expense of reliability and a stable platform. You never know when these features will or will not be working properly. Fenix is sort of like an Android phone - lots of tricks, but not very consistent. We thought this dependability problem might just be a lemon issue, but we've since read similar complaints about Fenix 2. **To be fair, Fenix 2 does work most of the time.** Really, it's not a bad watch. I'm no fanboy. (I wish I did have vibrating alerts & Bluetooth.) It's just temperamental, unpredictable & the UI lags a bit.

If you want a very capable, versatile, quality device that is always up-to-date and can grow with apps, with a dependable & well-executed user interface, then go with the Suunto. However, the Ambit2 will have you tied to your computer and WiFi to edit profiles. It will not connect to your Android or iPhone because it doesn't use Bluetooth. You can't listen to music because there's no vibrating alert. Real issues to consider.

They both have their pluses & minuses. 'The best' depends on your taste. I chose Ambit2 because there's nothing worse than running 20 miles or so, only to have your watch stop working or lose your info, even if that only happens twice a month or so. What good are bells & whistles if the basic functions of the unit are unpredictable? I'm also quite fond of the frequent updates and downloadable apps for the Suunto. It keeps the device relevant and future-proof.

There's a bit of snob appeal, too. Suunto is sort of the Vitamix to the Garmin's Blendtec... The Audi to Garmin's BMW... The Osprey to Garmin's North Face. ;-)

If you're considering either of these two devices, keep in mind that Polar has just released the V800. Pretty awesome stats, so you might wish to compare the three before making your purchase.

In the end, Ambit2 does a lot, does it well & is always up-to-date. I just feels more 'professional'. It's the best overall package for me.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 23, 2014 3:08 PM PDT

#1 Rated Nut Milk Bag and Cold Brew Coffee Maker - FOOD GRADE - Food Strainer - Filter Bags - Fine Mesh Strainer - Mesh Filter - Reusable and Durable - Excellent Multi-Purpose Kitchen Tool - No Risk Money Back Guarantee
Offered by Zimtal
Price: $19.95
3 used & new from $10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, May 24, 2014
It's really pretty simple, people. It's a nut milk bag. Folks are acting like it's the Second Coming. Let me just say, it's more efficient & sanitary than an old t-shirt. The mesh is fine but thin so the juice will flow. It's not just a nut milk bag either. This puppy will strain all sorts of juices. Oh, what fun!

However, upon receiving this item, I'm sure you'll think exactly what I did... "This thing is tiny," followed by, "I could've gone to the fabric shop & sewn one up on my own". Only supported by the fact that, at $9, this thing is *grossly* overpriced. It would, in no way, be out of place in the 99 Cents store. A bit insulting. They should include at least 3 bags for this price.

Nevertheless, it does what they claim & it arrives very quickly. So, still a solid 4 stars.

Vibe LED Color Changing Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Vibe LED Color Changing Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by Lightaccents
Price: $59.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute for kids, April 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perfect for a dorm room, too. It's not too pricey and bluetooth works well. However, the sound is just okay. Folks over 15 will probably want a more premium sound. I've heard better sounding speakers for close to the same price. This is best suited to a kid 15 and under. The cool lights will amuse them & they're probably too young to discern quality sound. $25 is the absolute most I'd pay for this item. I'd never pay the original $80 asking price

Profoot Pedi-Rock Flexible Callus Foot File
Profoot Pedi-Rock Flexible Callus Foot File
Price: $7.99
6 used & new from $5.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, April 3, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a 6', 200lb man. I figured this soft Pedi-Rock wouldn't do much for my well-worn feet. So, I scrubbed like a man should... and nearly tore my foot up. This thing is no joke. It does the job on my crusty feet w/o the extra elbow grease. ...but I'm still a man, damnit!

One thing, though. Black specks do come off here & there. No bueno.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20