Profile for YS Sheu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 102

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

YS Sheu "ss" RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Pinzon Basics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Queen Mattress Pad
Pinzon Basics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Queen Mattress Pad
Price: $55.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The mattress pad made a noticeable difference in terms of softness, April 15, 2014
I really wish I had bought this earlier. It feels so good to sleep on it. Originally, I had doubt whether a 1-inch thick mattress pad would make any difference. Take my word for it, it really made a huge difference. It feels like you were sleeping on a nice, puffy comforter. I've been using it for the last three weeks, and it hasn't gone flat yet. I did put a cotton mattress cover on top of it to keep it clean, and the cover fits fine (on the tighter side though). Overall, I am so satisfied with my purchase and given the reasonable price, I would buy a replacement every year if it goes flat.

Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter, 1 splitter
Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter, 1 splitter
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $5.85
23 used & new from $3.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sharp and the rubber section makes sure the pill stays in place when cutting, April 15, 2014
It is a very well design pill splitter. The section where you place the pill is made from rubber, so that it gives enough traction to make sure the pill stays in place when cutting. The cutter is very sharp, despite it is made from plastic. I accidentally slid my finger on the cutter and it drew blood. So definitely be careful when using it.

Volcom Women's Forever Sandal
Volcom Women's Forever Sandal

5.0 out of 5 stars They are made for wider feet, March 8, 2014
It is hard for me to find sandals that don't exaggerate my wide feet (size D) - my little toes often hang outside of the sandals, which is not a pretty sight. I was actually happy to hear from many other reviewers complaint about the wider width of the sandals. I quickly bought two pairs based on my normal size, and they fit perfectly.

Speedo Silicone Solid Swim Cap, Silver
Speedo Silicone Solid Swim Cap, Silver
Price: $8.58
13 used & new from $4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and functional, February 23, 2014
I've had this swim cap for a little short than 2 years. In the meanwhile, I've already replaced 3 swimming suits and 3 goggles, but this swim cap has been going strong and shows no sign of wear. It will probably last for another year or two. As for the quality and function, the silicone material is tough, but elastic, which makes this swim cap extremely easy to put on.

GoCat Da Bird Feather Super Refill Cat Toys, Assorted Colors
GoCat Da Bird Feather Super Refill Cat Toys, Assorted Colors
Price: $5.18
9 used & new from $4.53

5.0 out of 5 stars There are change in color and designs, but still a fun toy!, February 21, 2014
The last few DaBird feathers refill I received have the genuine Guinea feathers, but this time, they sent me fuchsia, hot pink, color feathers refill. Despite my original worry, cat is happy with the color change. He chased and jumped to catch the *bird* and it is a hilarious sight when he kept the feathers in his mouth and brought it back to his hide-hole like a trophy. I agree with previous reviews that this version of DaBird feathers no longer makes the flutter sound. Also, the old DaBird has two long feathers along with two short feathers on the sides, the new DaBird only has one short feather in between the two long feathers. They don't look like what was shown on the product page. Either way, my cat loves it regardless of the change of color and design.

Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $30.87
86 used & new from $26.90

3.0 out of 5 stars It shorted out my electricity for the first use, February 19, 2014
The first thing you need to know is that this electrical fryer draws 10amps (120 volts, 1200 watts), which is not mentioned in the product description here on Amazon. In my apartment, the kitchen circuit has a limit of 15 amps, but somewhat I still can't use it, even when I shut off other appliances like the coffee maker. The only thing I have left on in the kitchen is the fridge. Anyway, I am really not a fan of this fryer. It needs a lot of oil because of the volume, it draws too many amps, and it has no adjustment of temperature. I found later that I can make the same fried food using a gas stove compared to the electric deep fryer. So, I really can't say much about the benefit of having an electric fryer.

Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
Farberware Nonstick Bakeware 9-by-5-Inch Loaf Pan
Price: $4.34
18 used & new from $4.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally stick-free, but found it cheaper in local supermarket, February 19, 2014
I am sold on the high quality of non-stick coating of this loaf pan. I overcooked the scalloped potatoes with cheese over all the top, and it came off easily, no trouble at all to clean up the bakeware. However, right after I purchased this item, I found exactly the same thing in my local supermarket (Safeway) for $6. So, I would recommend that you check the price first at your local stores before you purchase it online.

Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Swimbuds Bundle (Blue)
Underwater Audio Waterproof iPod Swimbuds Bundle (Blue)
Price: $158.82
3 used & new from $155.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The warranty only lasts a year, so I hope the waterproof function will last, February 19, 2014
I was less concerned about the waterproof ability of the coated iPod than the swimbuds quality, given previous reviews. My first swim with the iPod shuffle is a positive one - the swimbuds function as underwater earplugs that block water from getting into my ears and I can hear the songs clearly. It did take me a while to familiarize with the buttons on iPod shuffle, I would suggest to take a look at the iPod shuffle guideline on Apple's website, which gives a quick crush course on how to operate an iPod shuffle. Overall, over my one hour swim, the underwater iPod functions exactly what I expect it to be. However, I still think the price is too steep (Apple's iPod shuffle is priced at $49 and with this additive feature of underwater coating from Underwater Audio, Underwater Audio asks for $155, which is 3 times of the original price that Apple asks for). Furthermore, Underwater Audio only gives 1 year warranty, which is the same compared to what is offered from Apple, but you do run the extra risk of dipping your iPod into chlorine water on a regular basis. I wonder whether this company has data to show how long the waterproof coating normally lasts.

OurPets Premium North-American Grown Catnip, 1-1/4-Ounce Jar
OurPets Premium North-American Grown Catnip, 1-1/4-Ounce Jar
Price: $4.99
19 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars The aroma is definitely there, February 19, 2014
In the past, I've purchased catnip in pet stores (different brand) that does not work - not because my cat does not like it, but rather the catnip has been sitting on the shelf too long and simply lost its aroma.

This Cosmic catnip works - it is fresh (I can smell the mint scent when I open the jar)! My cat immediately went for it, he rolled, licked, and rubbed himself all over the catnip that I put on the floor. Very funny sight.

Best-Selling Hyaluronic Acid Serum for Skin-- 100% Pure-Highest Quality, Anti-Aging Serum-- Intense Hydration + Moisture, Non-greasy, Paraben-free, Vegan--Best Hyaluronic Acid for Your Face (Pro Formula)
Offered by The Beauty Box
Price: $14.95
11 used & new from $14.95

1.0 out of 5 stars It makes my face even drier., January 1, 2014
I bought this serum because this product advertised that: "Heal dryness on face with intense hydration". The truth is, after I gently rubbed the liquid-like serum on my face, the serum quickly dried out from my skin (not sure if it was absorbed into my skin or simply vaporized), and left my skin even drier, like it has pulled all moisture out of my skin. I have to apply other facial cream or other oil-based serum on my face to relieve the dryness and discomfort.

After the terrible and confusing experience, I read the label on the bottle, and here is what it says: " Warning: Allergic reaction, including: swelling, redness, itch or excessive dryness occurs". So I did a quick research on the internet to find out what on earth is "hyaluronic acid". Apparently, this product is not a miracle for everyone: instead of feeling moisturized and hydrated, some people feel the total opposite. Many sources on the internet, as well as the product label, recommend to apply another layer of facial cream or moisturizer following application of the hyaluronic serum.

Oh well, I guess this serum is really not for me and I won't be using it anymore.

Update (1/2/14): unfortunately, this company cannot accept the fact this product is not for everyone. So right after I posted my review on Amazon, I got bad rantings already. The truth is - I think the hyaluronic acid serum hurt my skin. And it says so on their warning label (see above). If I have known this already, I would not have purchased this product.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2014 10:59 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11