Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for R. L. Miles > Reviews

Browse

R. L. Miles' Profile

Customer Reviews: 299

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. L. Miles "Miles" RSS Feed (Chicago)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 (Old Version)
Corel PaintShop Pro X6 (Old Version)
Offered by Esolutions88(Tax Free)
Price: $24.98
10 used & new from $7.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have Software Program, November 13, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have worked with PhotoShop for years (an enhanced version) and I just never seemed to click with it.

I remember that years ago, I worked with Paint Shop Pro via Corel. Back then, it really took up a lot of memory and seemed a bit cumbersome.
I recently added to my family and wanted to get a decent software package to record my little-ones and our vacation. I was pretty hesitant about going back to PSP, but I really am glad that I did.

You really don't have to have much experience with photo editing with PSP--it will walk you through your task and yet let you customize your project so that it doesn't end up looking like a corny photo Christmas card from Walgreens.

The differences from the version I had years ago against todays version (X6) is profound to say the least. You can load HUGE files on your system without any freezing, also, the interface is really simplified without dumbing it down for a newbie user that would limit someone with some experience in photo editing. And by the way, if you are a newbie, this is a GREAT program to start with anyways--you'll be a pro in no time, and, average users may consider their career options towards graphics.

There are so many incredible features to this version, I would have to write several pages on the features/benefits themselves. But, here's a few diamonds:

-Faster HDR Rendering
-FASTER preformance
-All new and VERY helpful video tutorials
-Auto-fix tools
-Adds any type of effect you can imagine
-Retouches photos to remove red-eyes and even wrinkles (I look 10 years younger:)

And those above are just a few great enhances that Corel has made to the PSP 6X version.

Overall, you get a whole lot of bang for your buck on this program. I have never come across a photo editing software program that comes close to this.

Oh, BTW, each software box comes with FREE membership for updates, creative content, & other offers.

If you found my review helpful, please click the 'yes' button below. I don't get paid, but it's nice to know if I'm doing well.

All the Best to
You and Yours.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2015 5:53 PM PDT

The Good Shepherd Crucifix Pendant - Height: 3" - Replica of Pectoral worn by Pope Francis - MADE IN ITALY

5.0 out of 5 stars larger than expected, November 13, 2013
I really love this "The Good Shepherd" cross. I wore it recently while in the hospital.

While I am not particularly a religious person, I find the cross to be incredibly interesting and very comforting.

As I was laying in bed at the hospital, I had a Sister visit me and she found some Holy Water and blessed it for me. I know that may sound like nothing to most, but it was meaningful to me.

All the Best to
You and Yours.

If my review was helpful to you in any way,
Please click 'yes' below.

Thanks:)

GE100 Blood Glucose Monitoring System
GE100 Blood Glucose Monitoring System
Offered by Treasure Zone
Price: $9.70
7 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, Sooo Great!, November 10, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really wasn't looking forward to writing a review about a diabetic product (particularly a monitor)--I know that I have health problems...I just don't need a little beeping machine to tell me!

So, when I got this kit, I really wasn't delighted. But, I had a change of mind really quickly (at first, I thought I wasn't doing this right). The monitoring system takes almost no time and with less blood than a passing mosquito. Also, it is also incredibly precise and it will remember up to the last 500 readings.

It really is the total system that every diabetic deserves. Give it a try.

If this review helped you to make any kind of decision, please click 'yes' below.

All the Best!

Viviscal Hair Filler Fibers, Dark Brown/Black
Viviscal Hair Filler Fibers, Dark Brown/Black
Offered by Wilco Trading
Price: $34.49
13 used & new from $29.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than any other, November 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've tried a couple of these types of covers and this one is without a doubt the very best.

The color and texture is superior in every way. With other fiber covers, I've noticed that the color that they advertised is different that what was in the canister (one actually had a greenish tinge) and nearly all of them had a dispenser that barely released the fibers--it was like shaking kosher salt out of a regular salt shaker).

The only downside of the Viviscal is that is doesn't naturally hold onto the natural hair, for the most part. A lot of it can easily be brushed off or can come off on your hand. However, with a shot of really strong hairspray, it will stay locked to you natural hair without worry [I would recommend cheap high-alcohol spray, such as, Aqua Net or Got2Be...].

I noticed on their box that they also sell a few other hair products for thinning hair/hair loss that I would like to try. If their other products are as good as this, it's worth the money.

All the best.

If my review helped you to make a decision, please click 'yes' below. Thanks!

John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor
John Deere Sit-N-Scoot Tractor
Price: $32.99
30 used & new from $29.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Fun:), November 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I purchased this through Amazon, I really thought that it was going to be a lot sturdier and heavy-duty. However, I found that it was really light-weight. Nevertheless, once I put it together, even I could sit on it without worrying about it collapsing (I don't recommend this though).

These little scoot cars are a lot of fun for little ones. When I was a toddler, I had one and I really loved it. It's fun for the back yard, park, or for going with a walk with Mom or Dad around the block AND getting some real fun exercise.

I would definitely recommend this toy to any parent or child care giver. Kids will have endless fun on this fun and sturdy Sit-N-Scoot toy.

If my review has helped you to make a decision, please click 'yes' below.

All the best!

Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Inside Out
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Inside Out
by Penelope Coventry
Price: $37.49
49 used & new from $29.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Going, Going,Gone..., October 25, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't believe that I bought this package so cheap. All friends have been chewing at the bone for this book.
I don't share...As I am writing this short (really short) review, the publisher's are having a tough time shooting these out in time.

Business intelligence in SharePoint Server 2013
SharePoint 2013 business intelligence applications provide the ability to create powerfuldata mashups, data models, ad-hoc reporting, and sophisticated dashboards capable of integrating reports and metrics from multiple data sources that can be customized fordifference audiences. The BI tools available in SharePoint Server 2013 include Excel Services,
PPS, and Visio Services.

Business intelligence in SharePoint Server 2013
C h a p t e r 1 4
Excel Services
Excel business intelligence provides the capability to explore and analyze data of any sizeand integrate and show interactive solutions of the data. In SharePoint 2013, Excel ServicesBI offers the following new features:
Power View ("Crescent") add-in for Excel
Powered by the BI Semantic Model and
IMBI, Power View enables users to visualize and interact with modeled data by using
interactive visualizations, animations, and smart querying. Rich storyboard presentationcapabilities provide the user the ability to present and share insights with others.
Decoupled PivotChart and PivotTable reports
Enables users to create PivotChartreports without the need to include a PivotTable report on the same page.
●
In-Memory BI Engine (IMBI)
Also known as
Vertipaq Engine,
IMBI is a fullyintegrated feature in Excel that allows almost instant analysis of millions of rows of data.
Excel Services, introduced in Microsoft Ofce SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, is a
business intelligence tool that allows the sharing of data-connected workbooks and isused primarily for business intelligence scenarios. In SharePoint 2013, Excel Services isa shared service and is only available in the Enterprise edition of SharePoint. Excel 2013workbooks can be connected to external data sources and then published to a SharePointlibrary so the workbooks can be rendered through the browser. The workbook is renderedthrough the browser via Excel Services and the external data connection is maintainedand the data is refreshed when necessary. The published workbooks allow broad sharingof reports through the organization and can be managed and secured according to theorganizational needs.Excel Services consists of the following:
Excel Calculation Services
Used to load, calculate, and call custom code
(user-dened), and refreshes the data.
Excel Web Access Web Part
Web part used to display Excel workbooks through thebrowser.
Excel Web Services
Used for programmatic access.
Excel Services improvements
Excel Services has come a long way from when it started. The improvements in SharePoint2010 included better handling of unsupported features. Some of the unsupported features
include Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) macros and form controls will not load

Chapter 14 Planning for business intelligence and key performance indicators
C h a p t er 1 4
in Excel Services. In MOSS 2007, Excel Services would not open a le that contained an
unsupported feature. This improved with the updates to Excel Services in SharePoint 2010and with each release, the functionality gap between Excel and Excel Services becomesnarrower and the number of unsupported features gets reduced.The new features in Excel Services for business intelligence include the following:
Business Intelligence Center update
Improvements to the Business IntelligenceCenter Site template include a new look and easier use.
Improved data exploration
Using SSAS data and PowerPivot data makes it easierfor data exploration and data analysis.
Field list/eld well support
Enables the ability to change easily which items are dis-
played in rows, columns, values, and lters in PivotChart and PivotTable reports that
have been published to Excel Services.
Calculated measures and members
Support for calculated measures andcalculated members created in Excel.
Enhanced timeline controls
Support for timeline controls that render and behavethe same as in the Excel client.
Application business intelligence servers
Allows the support of more advancedanalytic capabilities in Excel Services by allowing administrators to specify SSASservers.
PPS
PPS is a service application in SharePoint 2013 that enables users to create rich interactive,context-driven business intelligence dashboards that aggregate data and content. Thesedashboards can display key performance indicators (KPIs) and data visualizations in the
form of scorecards, reports, and lters. PPS allows for robust security to the user and can
integrate with multidimensional data sources.
PPS improvements
PPS in SharePoint 2013 has the following new features and improvements:
Business Intelligence Center update
Cleaner and easier to use, with folders and
libraries congured for each use.
Dashboard migration
Enables the ability to copy complete dashboards and depen-dencies to other site collections, users, or servers. Single items can be migrated toother environments and content can be migrated with Windows PowerShell.

You're reading a free preview. Buy this title to read the full version on any device.
Pages 510 to 858 are not shown in this preview.
Pages 903 to 904 are not shown in this preview.
Activity (2)
Filters
Add to collectionReviewAdd noteLikeEmbed
1 thousand reads|about 1 month ago
1 hundred reads|3 months ago
Recommended
USB Mass Storage: Designing and Programming Devices and E...
Jan Axelson
Naked in Cyberspace: How to Find Personal Information Online
Carole A. Lane
Hamlet's BlackBerry: A Practical Philosophy for Building ...
William Powers
Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the Internet
Andrew Blum
An Army of Davids: How Markets and Technology Empower Ord...
Glenn Reynolds
Is the Internet Changing the Way You Think?: The Net's Im...
John Brockman
The Little Book of Twitter: Get Tweetwise!
Tim Collins, Tim Collins
Excel Gurus Gone Wild: Do the IMPOSSIBLE with Microsoft E...
Learn Excel from Mr. Excel: 277 Excel Mysteries Solved
Guerilla Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel
Power OneNote
Kathy Jacobs, Bill Jelen
Change by Design
Tim Brown
The Extreme Searcher's Internet Handbook: A Guide for the...
Randolph Hock
Do Fish Drink Water?: Puzzling And Improbable Questions A...
Bill McLain
Dot.Con
John Cassidy
Online Roots: How to Discover Your Family's History and H...
Pamela Boyer Porter, Amy Johnson Crow
Fundamentals of Technology Project Management
Colleen Garton, Erika McCulloch
Fundamentals of Technology Project Management
Colleen Garton, Erika McCulloch
Educating the Net Generation: How to Engage Students in t...
Bob Pletka
The Adsense Code; What Google Never Told You about Making...
Joel Comm
More From This Author
PURCHASE ONLY
Using Microsoft InfoPath 2010 with Microsoft SharePoint 2...
Darvish Shadravan, Laura Rogers

Recommended

USB Mass Storage: Designing and Progr...
Independent Publishers Group
This developer's guide for designers and programmers of mass-storage devices ...

Naked in Cyberspace: How to Find Pers...
Independent Publishers Group
Surveying the types of personal records that are available on the Internet an...

Hamlet's BlackBerry: A Practical Phil...
HarperCollins
A crisp, passionately argued answer to the question that everyone who's grown...

Tubes: A Journey to the Center of the...
HarperCollins
When your Internet cable leaves your living room, where does it go? Almost ev...

Previous|NextPage 1 of 5

Psychology For Dummies
Psychology For Dummies
by (Psychologist) Adam Cash
Price: $16.99
69 used & new from $10.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Better, October 25, 2013
This review is from: Psychology For Dummies (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book is better than most college texts that I was forced into buying.

I love the 'Dummies' books because everything is spelled out so clearly. I had a professor who would only pay attention to students who already grasped some of the most basic concepts. Meanwhile, she left the rest of us alone.
I thought this was really unfair--I paid the same amount of money as they did and I went to great lengths to finish my papers on time.

A lot of the computer-driven programs/books really aren't helpful. I want my career in psychology so that I can help others. An over-priced computer program/book or self-stroking professor just isn't in my budget.

Run,
Don't walk.

Sincerely,
Rl Miles

If you found my review helpful,
Please click 'yes' below.

Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven, Black/Silver
Easy-Bake Ultimate Oven, Black/Silver
Offered by Bargain Ben
Price: $47.99
27 used & new from $31.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, October 24, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been a chef for many years and spent many of those years teaching at the CIA. I actually got my start when I was a little kid. One Christmas morning, I woke up with my two sisters screaming about their toys. I got some really cool things but, one of my sisters got an EZ Bake Oven (with cake, cookie, and frosting kits).
I would of given up everything Santa gave me to have that little light-bulb driven oven!
But NO--my dad said that cooking (esp. baking) was for girls.

The older I got and the more I read about great chefs, I realized that what my dad taught me wasn't correct--the majority of chefs are men and the top tier of bakers are all men.
The older model Easy-Bake ovens were pink and had girls on the box. This new oven is more 'technical' and 'unisex' and fits with boys and girls alike.

Oh, the standard box set includes only one cooking kit (a cake mix). If your going to buy the set, get a bunch of mixes/kits at Toys R' Us or here at Amazon (cheaper here).

BTW, my students do laugh at me because I don't own a microwave but I have an Easy-Bake oven on my counter. It doesn't matter what your age is, If it's Yummy on Your Tummy...EAT IT!!!

Thanks for reading my review.
If you found this helpful, please click the 'yes' button below.

All the best!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 8:38 AM PST

AVIRA Internet Security 2013 - 3Users
AVIRA Internet Security 2013 - 3Users

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., September 15, 2013
Hey Y'all,

When I received this software, I was certain that it would be just like Norton or McaFee. I was really wrong.

I took my computer offline for a few minutes and installed the software on the disk...I have to tell you, I get REALLY nervous about this stuff because I received opened an email years ago only to host a worm. I used to work with a large computer systems corp. and I was so embarrassed that this could happen to me.
What's worse, is that I am working on my Masters and my professor wanted to know what was up. I came clean and we stayed and worked out much of the vulgar code, it was finished with a few hours or so.

I have always loved computers and newest tech 'fun-stuff', but, that old stuff (Norton & McAfee) slowed down my computer/performance (plus, they wore extremely expensive for the time. I choose not to re-enlist in the Army several months ago and has a really hard time finding the right type of security attention.

It was obvious that the Kaspersky and Avira were the next two to be tested according to magazine articles. I prefered Kaspersky because of it was just so damn easy to adjust. Avira was a little more difficult, however, it had a cost that was almost a 1/2 more than other systems.

There are so many features on the cover that I can't really type them out so, I'll just post them for your viewed,

I hope that my review helped you in some way.
If so, please click the 'YES' button below.

All the Best

L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Facial Day Cream SPF 15
L'Oreal Paris Age Perfect Facial Day Cream SPF 15
Price: $10.59
20 used & new from $10.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtle, September 1, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, as a grown man, I don't know if my opinion would help other shoppers. So, I put my Mother to work:)

I gave her this product and she was really skeptical that a nice moisturizer could also be a tanning agent that would actually look legit.

My Mother and I are both fair skinned--either we end up burned or sun poisoned, so, a really good sun blocker is important to us. I gave her the L'Oreal product to use on a day when my nieces were in a Fourth of July Parade (my nieces were in it).

Anyhow, my Mom came home looking really great--tan but skin was a bit pinkish and well moisturized...she looked vibrant.

Her tan lasted for a few days and then it 'naturally' wore off. When she saw that, she then started to reapply the product every other day just to get a healthy tan.

I used this product and, to tell the truth, I really couldn't tell the difference. However, my friends could see a difference.

All in All, if you are looking for a modest change in skin tone, I would recommend 'Perfect Day Cream'
But, if your like me, I want really high-powered cream. Look up: 'Banana Boats Summer Color' (Best Buy is here on Amazon). With that in mind, those instructions are incorrect. For this product or my recommendation, I suggest applying 2X throughout the night and sleeping with the cream on you while you are on your worst sheets/pillow cases.

Only wash the dirty laundry in cold water with detergent. In order to keep your tan longer, moisturize daily. Also, you should always exfoliate while showering and damp yourself dry. THEN, apply the tanning cream.

I wish all of you the best.

To Yours'.
RL Miles

If you have found this review helpful,
Please click the 'Yes' buttom below.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20