Profile for John Garrity > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

John Garrity "ubugarrity" RSS Feed (Andover, NJ USA)

DuraMax Flo n' Go LE Fluid Transfer Pump and 14-Gallon Rolling Gas Can
DuraMax Flo n' Go LE Fluid Transfer Pump and 14-Gallon Rolling Gas Can
Price: $112.63
21 used & new from $97.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, June 21, 2007
I was really looking foward to getting this. Instead of carrying two 6 gallon cans I could roll one unit. After I got it I wish I didn't waste my money. There are two little valves (same as those little garden hose shut-offs)which are small and difficult to get to and I have smaller hands. Then the valve that is further in came loose. After several emails and phone calls they said I had to get a speacial screw driver to tighten the handle. The unit holds 14 gallons but you can only get TWELVE out!! There are 2 gallons that can't be emptied. So its very difficult to get the tank empty for the off season. VERY DIFFICULT. The hose for the dispenser is so thin and soft that it collapses very easily restricting the flow. Once the hose is kinked from normal storage the flow is very restricted. There is no way to lock the dispenser on (which I understand) which means you have to hold the handle the whole time. And the flow under ideal conditions if very slow. You will be holding that thing a long time. I used a wire tie to hold it open. My advise would be to buy two 6 gallon cans and one of those plastic siphons (less than $40.00 for all) you will be much happier.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2014 2:26 PM PDT