Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for Judy > Reviews

Browse

Judy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 46

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Judy RSS Feed (Little Rock, AR USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Thermos FOOGO Diaper Tote, Tripoli
Thermos FOOGO Diaper Tote, Tripoli
Offered by BB Bargains
Price: $23.95
3 used & new from $22.95

3.0 out of 5 stars a large bag, April 30, 2013
There were very few reviews at the time that I purchased this bag, so when I received it I was a bit surprised. First of all, it is very large, 17" x 12" x 6". It is a good bag, probably for a trip or grocery shopping, but not necessary for diaper bag unless you need a big diaper bag. Externally, it has 2 roomy bottle/water pockets and a large zippered pocket which are nice. Internally, it has 2 side bottle pockets, 2 large vertical pockets on one wall, and one open pocket and one zippered pocket along the other wall(both span the entire length of the wall). So really this bag has enough pockets inside and out for a diaper bag. The biggest problem is, the inside lining is a stupid black, which makes the inside of the bag a big black whole. I can see how frustrated I would be using it as a diaper bag because I won't be able to find things easily inside.

The bag is well constructed, holds its shape and stands alone. It is also very light weight. I just wish it has a light colored lining, which is essential for any diaper bag, or any bag, in my opinion.

C.R. Gibson Iota Parent/Baby Carry All, Pebble-Icious
C.R. Gibson Iota Parent/Baby Carry All, Pebble-Icious
Offered by OVERSTOCK BARGAINS
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars perfect except closure, October 16, 2012
This bag is beautiful and very well made with sturdy material and easy to clean material inside. Lots of pockets inside. The only problem in my opinion is the single snap magnetic closure. I would prefer a zippered closure since this is a bag of big capacity and therefore can hold and organize many things. I don't like the insecure feel of a single magnetic snap. Also, the manufacturer should include sturdy bottom insert that is removable to provide additional structure to the bag.
(removable to allow folding of the bag as it does now).

Hape - Playscapes - Park and Go Garage Wooden Play Set
Hape - Playscapes - Park and Go Garage Wooden Play Set
Offered by stores123
Price: $45.25
26 used & new from $45.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as the Melissa and Doug garage, July 27, 2012
I purchased this car garage because of it's esthetic appeal. It has nice markings for parking. The design seems open allowing easier access and play. I like the detail with the charging station. Upon receiving it, the first thing I check was if my son' s favorite car, wood Carla veloso, would fit into the elevator. Unfortunately, the elevator is just a ted small. The elevator is a wood box approximately 4.5 cm by 7.3 cm Another big problem is that the entire design is not very sturdy: the attachments/connecting mechanism just doesn't seem sturdy. I did not assemble it, but the garage seems like it can only handle gentle play. Maybe too fragile for typical three year old.
Then I ordered the Melissa and Doug garage. It is sooo much nicer in material and construction. Just about every piece of wood is twice the thickness of the Hape garage. Even the pulley system is made of thicker rope. The elevator on the Melissa and Doug garage is an open design, allowing 5.8 cm by 9.0 cm of space. So the elevator accommodates larger cars. Another nice surprise: the car will go all the way down from the top by itself, thanks to it's ramp layout and rails on the ramp. On the other hand, the Hape garage does not even have rails in the ramp. You can't just let the car go
The Melissa and Doug garage was the winner here! Same price as the Hape on amazon!

Vital Baby Toddler Trainer Cup, Orange, 10 Ounce
Vital Baby Toddler Trainer Cup, Orange, 10 Ounce

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to suck from, July 26, 2012
This cup looks like a great product at a glace, but is not... This cup has an anti-leak component, which make it hard to suck from. Essentially this cup has 3 pieces: the rubbery straw which is part of the cap, the anti-leak plastic component, and the removable straight straw. The anti-leak component make it hard to suck from. If you remove the anti-leak component, then the straight staw has no way to attach to the rubbery staw, and the cup at this point will only function as a sippy cup that leaks. The plastic covering on the cap is good for keeping the rubbery straw clean, but is not designed to prevent leaking.
If you are strictly looking for a straw cup that is hard to suck from but won't leak OR if you are looking for a sippy cup that will leak, this may be for you.
On a positive note, the rubbery material on the straw is a nice try because it seems gentle to little one.

Plan Toys Planactivity Pot And Pans Play Set
Plan Toys Planactivity Pot And Pans Play Set
Offered by Hazelnut Kids
Price: $28.00
4 used & new from $28.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Small, July 26, 2012
This set looks cute and durable. However, it is very small. The pots and pan are approximately 12 cm(less than 4.75 inch) in diameter. The internal heights are approximately 17cm, 25cm, and 45cm from the smallest to the largest piece. The set comes with one interchangeable lid and 2 wooden spatulas. In my opinion the only piece that allows a child older than three to put a few small food items to "cook" is the largest pan. The other 2 pieces are too small/shallow to be useful. If you just want a very young child to touch and bang the pieces together, then the size may not matter. Otherwise, I think the kidkraft accessory pots/pans and the Melissa and Doug wooden accessory set are larger and offer better play value. I think it is deceiving that actual dimensions are not available in the product description.

Maclaren Cup Holder, Charcoal
Maclaren Cup Holder, Charcoal
Offered by Dainty Baby
Price: $24.99
4 used & new from $18.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cup holder to date for Maclaren stroller, July 16, 2012
I have 3 Maclaren strollers and other strollers. I have been constantly looking for cup holders for the past three years. I looked at all cup holderrs available on the market. I was very excited that I found this cupholder one day on amazon when I was just browsing.
I was not disappointed. It is very simple in design, stays on the square tube of the stroller, moderately easy to detach if need to. It is not huge, but the top ring gives a little to accommodate bigger drink. Maclaren finally offers a cup holder! I just wish it comes in black also to go with the black-framed Maclaren models.

This cup holder will also fit other strollers with square tubing of same size as the Maclarens. Examples may be. Mamas and papas umbrella stroller and inglesina swift.

It is two piece design that slide on each other onto the stroller frame. It stays on the stroller very well. I like to install it out towards the back instead of to the side of the stroller.

It is the best cup holder for Maclaren stroller to date.

Inglesina 2012 Swift Stroller, Oceano (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Inglesina 2012 Swift Stroller, Oceano (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars good stroller, but not excellent., June 6, 2012
I read all the available reviews and watch the video review on youtube before ordering this stroller. The first impression is "wow, what a beautiful stroller" I got the oceano, which is beautiful. I don't see purple in it. It is a nice blue, very classic.

Personally, here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1)very stylish. very simple
2)large pop out sun visor adequately shades the child. That is hard to find in an umbrella stroller.
3)fabric is simple but durable.
4)rigid seat back. Although it is made of 4 smaller vertical boards, its probably better then sling seat.
5)real recline feature
6)very lightweight at 13.3 LBs
7)nice zippered storage pocket on back of canopy.

Cons:
1)as another reviewer said, the stroller feels somewhat flimsy. I think it is not the most flimsy umbrella stroller out there, but, compared to the maclarens, it does seem more flimsy.
2)steers well. However, compared to the maclarens, this stroller sometimes has a mind of its own. i.e. harder to control it to go where you want it to be. But again, this is compared with the maclarens, which has the best manuberbility in the stroller industry.
3)the wheels are too large. they are 5.5". They are larger then maclarens volo and quest, but don't offer better manuverbility. The larger wheels make the entire stroller somewhat bulky when folded and harder to navigate corners/tighters spaces.

I am just very picky here, comparing this stroller to the maclarens. This stroller does, however, have canopy that maclarens don't have (unless you move up the pricey and heavy techno XT).

This stroller is honesty a very good one at $119. However, back to maclarens for me because for me, the most important feature of a stroller is manuverbility.

Englacha Omi Stroller, Red
Englacha Omi Stroller, Red
Price: $169.99
6 used & new from $169.99

2.0 out of 5 stars pros and cons....inferior fabric material, May 31, 2012
I purchased this stroller based on the description of lightweight at 14 LBS and all the features it came with, mainly the large canopy. I was looking for a stroller with excellent manuverbility and as many features as possible. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1)steers very well, similar to maclarens
2)all features pictured are there.

Cons:
1)the fabric is inferior. It is very wrinkly and unbreathable. It seems my toddler will be sweating in this stroller since we live in Florida. The fabric is worse then the babiesRus brand umbrella stroller that is only $30. In fact, I have never seen such inferior fabrics. Even if you live in cold climate, this fabric is not good because it is thin and not sturdy.
2)Many components are cheaply made and a hassle to use: the buckle is hard to use/tight; the mechanism for legrest adjustment gets stuck; the linked parking brake does not work very well(ie. sometimes only one side will be locked so you have to step on both brakes anyways). I almost broke my hands just hassling with these.
3)The published weight of 14 LB is misleading. I took out the bumper bar, the head hugger, and the paddings on the harness, it still weighs 14.3 LB. Still not bad... just misleading.

other points:
There is a viewing window on the canopy, not a peekaboo window.(ie it is plastic and mesh window without covering). I personally like that so I can see my child all the time. But some people may prefer a flap to cover.
Tall handle bars. I don't like because I am 5'1" but most people probably like it.

When I ask my 3 1/2 year old if he likes this stroller. He says no because "it almost broke your hand, mama."

I personally feel this stroller is way pricey considering it's workmanship. I would rather get a maclaren or a cybex. But other may consider this stroller if they like the features and the manuverbility at this price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2012 6:32 PM PDT

Cybex Onyx Black Stroller- Lipstick
Cybex Onyx Black Stroller- Lipstick

4.0 out of 5 stars awesome stroller... next to maclarens, May 30, 2012
I recently set out to find another lightweight stylish stroller for my 3 1/2 year old son. Although I did not purchase this stroller, I saw it and studied it in a local baby boutique store. And I considered the cybex onyx seriously because it has "A" manuverbility like the Maclarens. I think cybex has the second best manuverbility in the stroller industry.

So this stroller is comparable to maclaren quest and/or the techno XT.

It has a taller seat back to allow your taller child. The canopy can be slide up and down according to child's height. The canopy also has an extra zip out section for excellent sun coverage, which maclaren techno XT has, but the maclarn quest does not.

Overall a larger/taller stroller frame and slightly heavier then the comparable maclaren models.

For 2012 maclarens has linked parking brake that is a step on system, which I love love. No more scuffed up shoes or hurt toes. For cybex onyx, it still is a standard system.

Onyx has a supposedly UPF 50 canopy and has a nice viewing window.

There is a video reivew on youtube by holly shultz on cybex onyx.

This is a very nice stroller. Maclarens does have a competition! So depending on what features are most important to you, I would go for either maclarens or cybex because the #1 thing for a pushchair is manuverbility.

guzzie+Guss Pender Umbrella Stroller, Aqua (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
guzzie+Guss Pender Umbrella Stroller, Aqua (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't live with the cons., May 29, 2012
My son is 3 1/2 years old now and I am still looking for that perfect light weight stroller, after owning 6 other strollers. I searched high and low and concluded maclaren has the best manuverbility in the industry, however, really lacking nice canopy in the quest and triumph model. I purchased this stroller because it looks nice and has large canopy. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
1)I got the aqua color, It is as pictured and beautiful.
2)The canopy is HUGE!. Basically, there is a large pop out sun visor and the entire canopy can still tilt forward. It provides excellent sun coverage and best environment for napping.
3)nice peekaboo window.
4)Has some reflective accent along the edge of the seat and on the harness. Nice touch and provides safety.
5)rigid back support and 4 recline positions.
6)rain cover included

Cons:
1)When my 3 1/2 yo sits in it. His feet cant rest on the foot rest because the seat base is too far forward. He gave this stroller a low grade because he can't climb onto the stroller by stepping on the footrest and when he sits in the stroller his feet hang pass the footrest.
2)The leg rest(the part you can pop up to support legs while laying flat) stick straight out when you initially unfolded the stroller. So you have to take the extra step, with both hands, to rotate it down to seating position. May not be a big deal to some people, but it is a big deal to me. Because often with a toddler you just don't have that extra hand at the moment.
3)No carry handle. There is a carry strap, which I find awkward to use.
4)"B" manuverbility, as compared to "A" in maclarens.
5)It actually weights 15.4 LB on my scale after canopy is attached. I am guessing the published weight of 14LB must not have included the canopy. a 14LB stroller significantly feels lighter then a 15.4 LB stroller when you are on the go.

So this stroller personally won't work out for me. But that is a personal preference because I am looking for excellent manuverbility and the cons on this stroller outweigh the pros for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 11:40 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5