Profile for Kristina J. Petrella > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 92

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kristina J. Petrella "Kristina" RSS Feed (NY)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Zutano Baby-girls Infant Dizzy Daisy Hat, Bluebird, 12 Months
Zutano Baby-girls Infant Dizzy Daisy Hat, Bluebird, 12 Months
Price: $7.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but missized, February 20, 2014
Hat is cute and cuddly, however very small. I would not say that these run true to size unfortunately. That was the only disappointing part.

Delusion
Delusion
by Laura L. Sullivan
Price: $11.42
106 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh., May 4, 2013
This review is from: Delusion (Hardcover)
Meh.
That's the best I can say about the book. The historical section of the book is what drew me to it and that part of it was okay, but the plot had some issues and overall I feel like I had to wade through it as opposed to salivating over the next chapter.

LeapFrog Disney Minnie's Bow-tique Super Surprise Party Learning Game (Works with LeapPad Tablets, and Leapster Explorer)
Price: $14.99
33 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not Amazing, May 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have two children that both previewed this game. One is three, the other is five. I found that it was too difficult for the three year old and too simple for the five year old. Overall it was a bit disappointing. The three year old had to keep asking me how to play the game and unfortunately it seemed like the kids did more poking and prodding than they did learning. A bit disappointing.

LifeProof iPhone 5 Case - Fre Series - White/Gray
LifeProof iPhone 5 Case - Fre Series - White/Gray
Offered by Seller1ON1
Price: $75.71
8 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Case, May 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Upon receiving this case I immediately opened it and followed the directions to prepare it for use. I did the water test and it passed (yay)! I previously had a different case for my phone and I like the Lifeproof Case so much more.

First of all, it's super thin. My other case was bulky and made the phone seem so much larger than it was. The case detracted from the overall style of the iphone. This case is quite slim and it even fits inside my wallet/phone case combo!

The instructions were super easy to follow and came with pictures which made it much more simple.

Also included was an extra plug for the earphone jack and the earphone jack attachment for when you want to use earbuds. This was so easy to use.

Just an FYI...once this phone is in the case and the case is closed it takes quite a bit of force to open it back up again. Yes, that's what keeps the water out, but just an FYI.

timi & leslie Sophia 7-Piece Diaper Bag Set, Cherry Red/Taupe
timi & leslie Sophia 7-Piece Diaper Bag Set, Cherry Red/Taupe
Price: $95.03
6 used & new from $94.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, but Cute Bag, May 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This diaper bag is super cute. Inside it had a changing pad as well as a bottle insulator, both of which are the same gray color as the lining. It also came with a red clutch that matches the bag. Super cute. I love the three separate sections of the diaper bag. I can easily organize the children's items as well as have a whole section just for MY items...ie. my wallet, clutch, chapstick, and phone. The outer pocket also keeps important items within easy reach.

There is a crossbody strap which I immediately attached and I haven't taken it off since. The only drawback to this diaper bag is one, it's price. I mean, really? $179? I don't know anyone who would pay that price for this quality of bag. Yes, it is cute, but the fabric is more of a plastic-y feel. Sure, it's easy to wipe off, but for that price, I'd be expecting something a bit more high-end. Also, the zippers are really difficult to close. I repeatedly have to use two hands to zip the bag (one zipping while the other holds the remaining length of the zipper straight). In my world with four kids, I rarely have both hands available to do anything.

TEKwriterUSA Gelwriter Gel Pen Set with Rotating Stand, 100-Count (27131-D)
TEKwriterUSA Gelwriter Gel Pen Set with Rotating Stand, 100-Count (27131-D)
Offered by Stellar Depot
Price: $44.99
5 used & new from $35.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for those who Love Gel Pens, May 4, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was so excited to review this item. There are many different gel pens in various colors. The metallic and sparkle pens write quite smoothly while the bold and regular color pens seem to be a bit more disjointed in their writing and would stall out occasionally.

The circular holder is great, except it seems a bit wobbly on the table. It does turn which makes it ever so easy to get to the color you prefer.

All in all, a good item. This is perfect for a crafter or scrapbook enthusiast.

Embracing Beauty: Practical Style for Every Shape and Season of Motherhood
Embracing Beauty: Practical Style for Every Shape and Season of Motherhood
by Trina Holden
Price: $13.50
17 used & new from $8.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, Applicable, and Fun to Read, April 8, 2013
After birthing four babies in five and a half years, Trina's book was a must-read for me. I can't tell you how many times I have taken a month old baby into the Salvation Army looking for deals and pick up anything that fits. Who cares about personal style when I just need a pair of jeans that FIT!

In Embracing Beauty Trina highlights many key points, a few of which I'd like to share.
Firstly, Trina removes that mom-guilt that we all feel when we take time for ourselves. Instead of feeling guilty for self-care, Trina explains why self-care is important (and even Biblical). She also shows how one can use self-care to be a blessing to our families and those around us.

Most chapters end with "mommy makeovers." These quick and easy to perform action steps allow readers to apply what they are reading almost immediately. Trina is also quite budget-conscious, so she doesn't say, "Go out and buy a new $45 shirt around which to build your wardrobe," nor does she encourage you to throw out your entire wardrobe. Instead she encourages readers to find out what they really like and how to tweak their wardrobe to work for them.

The humor is the best part of this book. Instead of reading like an instruction manual or a how-to book, Embracing Beauty is akin to sitting down over a cup of coffee and chatting about fashion, getting dressed, and babies. The anecdotes and stories tucked between the pages are wonderful and remind the reader that they are not alone in this quest for style and fashion with the blessing of a post-baby body.

Belkin EaseFit Plus Armband for iPhone 5, 5S and 5c (Black)
Belkin EaseFit Plus Armband for iPhone 5, 5S and 5c (Black)
Offered by super dooper
Price: Click here to see our price
26 used & new from $7.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but Has Its Drawbacks, February 11, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a workout fiend and any product that promises to make my workout easier or more streamlined is one that I'd like to try. I like the idea behind this product, however I ended up not using it for my workout regularly because my iphone LIVES in its otterbox--as in, it never, ever comes out of its otterbox and unfortunately, this armband only fits the phone itself. I was quite disappointed.

That being said, however, if you don't use a case for your iphone then this is a great workout accessory. The design is sleek and not bulky. I always hate when I'm working out and my ear buds get yanked out of my ears because I caught the cord on something. Not my idea of a fun time. I'm very happy to report that the cord was kept well out of the way and there were no annoying yanking incidents.

I give this product 3 out of 5 stars.

The Broken Lands
The Broken Lands
by Kate Milford
Price: $13.23
127 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow moving, but interesting, November 13, 2012
This review is from: The Broken Lands (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first book I've read of Kate Milford's. It was definitely interesting. I enjoyed the characters and the complexities of them, but the switching between characters led to some confusion. This book is probably one better read in a few longer sittings as opposed to picked up here and there when one has time. It probably would have also helped if I had read the book to which it was a prequel.

Son (Giver Quartet)
Son (Giver Quartet)
by Lois Lowry
Price: $14.21
142 used & new from $3.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Son (Giver Quartet) (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After rave reviews of The Giver I was excited to see what Lowry had to say in this book. It was truly interesting and I enjoyed delving deeper into the world of "The Giver". Definitely worth the read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10