Profile for Mr. Gadget > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. Gadget RSS Feed (Chicago, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
GE Lighting 47578 60-Watt Edison Halogen Floodlight PAR16 Light Bulb
GE Lighting 47578 60-Watt Edison Halogen Floodlight PAR16 Light Bulb
Price: $7.55
13 used & new from $1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great - but Clear Base lights up too much, November 25, 2011
Bought 5 of these to replace 5 of the same GE model as they burn out. Nice bright focused light. No complaints. Only comment is the base of these is clear which allows it to light up a bit and make the bulb itself look more brilliant, which is different that the older bulbs I have that are solid white and did not have this effect. I'll make sure to get the white painted ones next time as they throw more of the light down instead of being so glaring as these.

Nokia Astound Symbian Phone (T-Mobile)
Nokia Astound Symbian Phone (T-Mobile)

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally Unreliable - not worth the trouble, October 6, 2011
I'm on my second phone from T-Mobile (after getting charged $20 to swap out a brand new phone!!!) and it has the same problems as the first - totally unreliable and prone to freezing up at any time. I got it mainly for using the wifi calling, but that is the most unreliable feature, almost guaranteeing to have to remove the battery to reset the phone. I cannot recommend this phone.

Brabantia 124662 53-by-18-Inch Size-D Ironing-Board Cover with Foam Insert, Ecru
Price: $17.53
7 used & new from $13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits, but very thin, July 18, 2011
This is a decent choice for my over-sized board, and fits ok. But it's not one of the better ones that I've had previously that were much thicker than this. This is very thin and the fabric quality doesn't seem like it will last too long, but it's ok for the price, until I can remember where I got the better one I had before again.

Oregon Scientific BAR208HGA Advanced Weather Station with Atomic Time (small white sensor not included)
Price: $48.42
71 used & new from $39.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice update from previous model, July 18, 2011
I do like gadgets, and I find myself going for the newest model of these every few years. The outdoor unit starts to go bad after a couple years outside, and I know you can buy them separately, but I usually end up getting the whatever the newest version of the whole package is when it's time to replace it.

With that said, I'm very happy with this latest version. I like that they made the outdoor temp so large and separate from the indoor temp. I've had it about a month and so far no problems.

The one missing thing they removed from the previous model is a readout of the barometer pressure. You no longer input your altitude, and it no longer shows you a numeric value of the barometer pressure like the older model did, but there is still a barometer in there to show the 12-hours forecast graphically. To be honest, the old model that showed the pressure number never seemed to be very accurate, so I can see why they got rid of it.

The packaging is much nicer than the previous model too, no longer are there rows of buttons right on the sides that you would accidentally push when moving it. Very nice improvement here.

I saw somebody complain here the ice alert light is very bright, well I had no need for that, and it seems to be only tied to whatever you have on channel 1 (of 3) so I switched it over to channel 2 to avoid that issue.

Sennheiser EZX 60 Bluetooth Headset - Black/Gray
Sennheiser EZX 60 Bluetooth Headset - Black/Gray

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with my iMac and Skype, May 28, 2011
I got this not to use with my cell phone, but to connect to my Apple iMac and use Skype to make calls, and I can report that with Skype 2.8 (hate 5.0) and a 2007 iMac with Bluetooth and Snow Leopard 10.6.7 that it all works great. I can walk around my apartment over 20 feet without too much static. Very cool.

Only drawback is it doesn't quite feel like it fits right, but I can hear ok and nobody on the other end complains about the sound quality so I'm happy to replace my old corded setup with this.

Panasonic KX-TG7643M dect 6.0 Link-to-Cell Bluetooth Cordless Phone with 3-Handsets
Offered by DealforGood
Price: $369.95
10 used & new from $280.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with my iPhone, May 28, 2011
I've had an external Xlink BTTN for a couple years now and have been very happy with that and can recommend that highly, but wanted to try an all-in-one solution that Panasonic offers here. After swapping it out with my old setup, and using it now for a few weeks, I can report that it does work fine allowing me to use normal handsets at home while my iPhone is charging.

The only reason I'm giving 4 stars is that there is some limitations to what it offers over Bluetooth. Basically the major one is the answering machine is only for the landline, and not the cell phone over Bluetooth. I guess they assume that you would want to continue using your carrier's voicemail at home, but I don't. I'd rather when I'm home to use my home answering machine and be able to do call screening before answering, something not available with this.

It also still has that annoying thing my (2 year) older Panasonic phone did of say Busy sometimes when you try to dial, although not nearly as often.

In summary, I'm keeping this setup even with it's limitations, although I'm also keeping my Xlink too in case.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2012 10:20 AM PDT

D-Link Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Powered Hub (DUB-H7)
D-Link Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Powered Hub (DUB-H7)
Price: Click here to see our price
71 used & new from $19.88

1.0 out of 5 stars The external power seems to light the (useless) lights only and not power the extra ports, May 28, 2011
I've used this for over a year and never suspected until reading here that all my troubles seem to be because the external power hook-up is to power the always on useless green lights, and not to supply extra power to the ports. If this is true, then no wonder my external drives would sometimes disconnect at random, or my iPad would not charge reliably. Ugh, if only I'd known earlier. Why would they make something like that except into fooling you it's something it's not. Very disappointed! Oh well, I'll miss the Christmas tree effect of the useless green lights at nite, but not my external hard drives going off line at random.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2012 10:44 PM PDT

Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board
Wii Fit Plus with Balance Board
135 used & new from $30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, November 9, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I guess I was expecting a something more than an expensive scale and a cutesy weight tracking program, but that is all this is. I tried to stick with it for the last month, but I find it being too annoying and don't really see how this should be helping lose weight. It is kind of fun at first, but I wish I saved $90 by not getting it, and guess it will end up pushed under the bed.

Sennheiser  HD 600 Open Dynamic Hi-Fi Professional Stereo Headphones (Black)
Sennheiser HD 600 Open Dynamic Hi-Fi Professional Stereo Headphones (Black)
Price: $312.98
41 used & new from $288.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic Sound!, January 31, 2009
I have a very nice stereo surround sound speaker setup that sounds great, but living in an apartment and aware of the noise my video game habit makes, I wanted to find headphones that match the quality sound of my speakers. I seem to have found it with these. I can finally crank up the volume on my video games without worrying about what my neighbors are thinking of me. It's really made me very happy. They are extremely comfortable and I can wear them for 5 hour stretches with no fatigue. I'm very happy with my decision. I also can't believe the bass coming from these headphones, I never head such a range of sound before.

My only suggestion to Sennheiser would be to instead of packing these in a ridiculously HUGE box that I threw away immediately (it also stank), to please include the little headphone hanger/clip thingie that my cheaper HD 485's came with. I'm using that instead of the box daily.

Logitech Harmony One Universal Remote with Color Touch Screen - OLD MODEL (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by IsaacTronics
Price: $455.00
12 used & new from $119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I liked this remote so much, that I ended up getting 3 of them!, January 31, 2009
Let me explain, I originally got this for my mother who was having a hard time controlling her TV, Tivo, and Apple TV with the original remotes, so I got her this hoping it would solve her problems. After setting it up for her, and seeing how much she enjoyed it (no more "emergency" calls cause she forgot how to do something), I ended up getting 2 more for my own setups at home and I couldn't be happier.

After swearing off these all-in-one remotes 5 years ago after several costly attempts to find one that actually did it all, I gave up until now, and I'm happy to say that after setting this one up, I can finally keep all my other remotes in the drawer.

I also got the $15 Nyko USB controller for my PS3's and that works great too. I actually enjoy using this remote over the official Sony blu-tooth remote or Apple TV original remotes.

I'm also using the software on a Mac and can say I have no problems at all (skip the disk that comes packed in and just download the latest software direct from Logitech).

I only wish there was someway to print out a little cheat sheet reference guide to show how all the buttons are mapped instead to only use the software and look there. (maybe there is?)

Also in my Mother's case where she can only use 1 hand, it can be hard for her to use the touchscreen sometimes, I wish there was some hard keys available on the side of the screen also. She gets around it by putting the remote down on the arm of the chair and then pushing the touchscreen, but still....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4