Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now STEM
Profile for eternal student > Reviews

Browse

eternal student's Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

eternal student RSS Feed (Chicago, IL USA)

Wonder Beasts: Tales and Lore of the Phoenix, the Griffin, the Unicorn, and the Dragon
by Joe Nigg
Price: $32.00
58 used & new from $4.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 18, 2015
Great resource on phoenix, dragons, and unicorns. Includes text from primary sources as well as interpretations and commentary.

K. Bell Socks Women's Anklet Fair Isle KH and Rouched Tip with OTK 3 Pack, Assorted, One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, April 18, 2015
great socks for a great deal.

Fingerless gloves silver grey blend Made in Peru sgre
Fingerless gloves silver grey blend Made in Peru sgre
Offered by Celitas Design
Price: $10.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, April 18, 2015
These are thin and scratchy, not at all pleasing to wear.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, April 18, 2015
The paintings are great, but none of the titles or any information is included.

TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-file + State 2011 for PC [Download] [Old Version]
TurboTax Deluxe Federal + E-file + State 2011 for PC [Download] [Old Version]
Price: $59.95

1.0 out of 5 stars DIDN"T WORK, March 2, 2012
I've never had trouble with Turbotax before, but the 2011 version didn't work AT ALL on my computer. After installing the program, whenever I tried to run it, the flash screen would pop up and then nothing would happen. After hours of technical support from Turbotax, they concluded that there was nothing they could do to make this product work.

After this happened, I scoured the internet to see if anyone else had had these problems. MANY people have had this EXACT SAME problem with Turbotax 2011, both download and disk versions. Turbotax is aware of the problem, and there is no fix for it. Further, their tech people do not seem to have been made aware, so at least I wouldn't have wasted hours trying to fix an unfixable problem if they were.

I recommend that if you want to use Turbotax for 2011, you should use their online version. That does still work.

The Silk Road Gourmet: Volume One: Western and Southern Asia
The Silk Road Gourmet: Volume One: Western and Southern Asia
by Laura Kelley
Price: $22.73
38 used & new from $1.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Recipes in Need of an Editor, December 21, 2010
These recipes are fantastic! I cannot emphasize that enough. I've tried 10, not counting sauces and spice mixes, from 5 countries. They can be kind of involved, and some of the ingredients can be tough to find, but they're definitely packed with great flavors, and I'm very glad I tried this book.

My only real complaint is that this book desperately needs an editor. None of the recipes say how many people they serve. The format makes it difficult to find the sub-recipes like the sauces (Instead of the author's name and book title at the top of the pages, I think we'd be better served by having the country and food section listed, e.g. Afghanistan and Meat Dishes, so you can keep track while flipping between recipes, which is often called for. In fact, I made this change to my own copy, and it helped immensely.) Some of the instructions are rather vague or inconsistent and could be cleaned up, but I did muddle through to excellent results.

The index is atrocious; it is almost completely worthless.

If my review sounds harsh, let me say that I really like this cookbook, and can't wait to try volumes 2 & 3 when they come out. However, I sincerely hope the author hires an editor for the following books, preferably someone familiar with cookbooks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2012 12:13 AM PST

Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink
Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink
by Midori
Price: $16.86
58 used & new from $4.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Who Proofread This Book?, December 7, 2009
Midori is a pretty classy lady with a lot of style, and I enjoy her writing quite a bit. In terms of content, this book is fun, informative, and thought-provoking.

However, I was very disappointed to find this book peppered with typos. It was terribly distracting, and, for essays that have appeared in print before this book, it seems like these errors should have been caught before the book was published. I hope future printings can eliminate these errors.

Carcassonne Travel edition
Carcassonne Travel edition
Offered by GamesComicsWC
Price: $25.61
9 used & new from $25.61

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this edition, October 26, 2009
This review is from: Carcassonne Travel edition (Toy)
I want to start off by saying that I own both the Carcassonne Big Box and the travel edition. I love them both, but the one I end up playing the most is actually the travel version. It's great because the cloth bag folds up so small; I can toss it in my bag, and it's there for an impromptu game whenever we like. My boyfriend and I frequently take this edition to friends' houses, coffee shops and the like. The tiles are not that much smaller than the original version, but the difference is just enough that you can comfortably play this at a cafe table whereas the big version takes up too much space. We love this edition!

Some reviewers have complained that this edition is not worth adding to your collection because it is not truly a "travel" game--it still requires a flat surface to play, and because the tiles are smaller, you can't play this with any of the expansions. In my experience, these are not problems because the unexpanded game is still a ton of fun, and unless you're in the car, there is usually a table or floor nearby where you can play.

The Bottom Line:
Carcassonne Travel Edition is one of the most used and well-loved games in my collection; I highly recommend this for any fan of Carcassonne who is frequently on the go.

Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking
Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking
by Marcella Hazan
Price: $20.65
253 used & new from $6.62

5.0 out of 5 stars My Go-To Italian Cookbook, June 18, 2009
I've had this cookbook for several years, and it is one of my favorites. Everything is delicious, and I love that the author includes serving suggestions with the sauces and pastas. However, be aware that there are no pictures. My other favorite cookbook is the Joy of Cooking, so I'm not bothered by the lack of pictures; it's something I'm used to. This is one of those cookbooks that I enjoy looking through and reading the recipes, comments and menus even when I'm not looking for something to make that night.

Some of favorite recipes include the Tomato Sauce with Butter and Onion, Spaghetti Carbonara, and Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Cream. Amazing! Not necessarily my healthiest cookbook, but I wouldn't give it up.

I've only made one thing I wasn't crazy about, and that was my own fault; I was unused to gorgonzola at the time, and the sauce was too pungent for me. I bet if I made it again now that I'm more accustomed to this ingredient, I would probably love it.