Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for CW115 > Reviews

Browse

CW115's Profile

Customer Reviews: 33

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CW115 RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Ambarella A7LA70 5MP Car Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD, G-sensor HDR 6G Lens and 16GB Class10 Micro SD Memory Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, but better options out there., April 23, 2016
This is a fairly good dash cam. Video quality is good overall but is grainy at 2304 x 1296 resolution. I have a difficult time making out license plates and road signs. The 5MP optical sensor sounded impressive initially but unfortunately it falls short in video quality compared to the Sony Exmor 2.1MP sensor found in the higher end dash cams like the Blackvue DR650GW.

Night time video is very good, only if you select the HDR (1920 x 1080) resolution. The video quality @ 2304 x 1296 is great during the daytime, but terrible during the night time. At 1080P, I have a difficult time making out street signs and license plates. I have found switching back and forth between 2304x1296 and 1920x1080 HDR to be a hassle. I just leave it at the 2304x1296 most of the time unless I'm doing a lot of night time driving.

The one thing I really like about this camera is that it is able to record at 1080P @ 60fps. Very few dash cams offer recording @ 60fps.

The GPS feature is nice but it's displayed in KMH with no option to change it to MPH. Not very useful for us American folks.

Overall, this is a good camera with a lot of great features. If you're looking for a dash cam with better video quality and night time recording, spend a little more money on a higher end unit with the Sony Exmor sensor.

I received this product at a discount for an honest review.

GMB 725-0088 Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly
GMB 725-0088 Wheel Bearing Hub Assembly
Price: $102.69
13 used & new from $41.59

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., April 10, 2016
I replaced/rebuilt my entire front end and thought I could save a few bucks on these cheaper Chinese bearings. Less than a year and 10,000 miles later, these bearings are junk. Grease leaked out the sealed hub assembly and now it's louder than my straight pipe exhaust.

Spend the extra $60-$80 bucks for a Timken hub assembly, which is what came in the F250/Excursions from the factory.

ASX ActionPro Black w/ Dual Screens & Waterproof Wrist Remote - 4K Ultra HD Waterproof Wifi Cam - Dual Screens - Wrist Remote - Extra Battery - Carrying Case - 20 Accessories Inc
Offered by Express Source
Price: $129.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget camera, April 6, 2016
This is a great budget camera with good video quality. This includes a bunch of useful accessories including the wireless remote which I have used quite a bit. At this price point, the video quality at 1080p 60fps is good, but no where near the quality of a GoPro Hero 4 which is 3x price. Video quality is much better at 4K but very choppy at 15fps. The photos are average at best, which have a lot of noise to them. Also, there is no support for external microphone.

Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for an honest review.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2016 4:01 AM PDT

Dorman 679-005 Turbocharger Up Pipe
Dorman 679-005 Turbocharger Up Pipe
Offered by Rudy's Diesel
Price: $124.95
46 used & new from $124.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Make sure to test fit prior to installation, April 1, 2016
This is a good deal for a set of stainless steel bellowed up pipes. Installation was a major PITA. It ended up taking me all day as I ran into a lot of issues. The most difficult part about this job was getting the rusty bolts out, which I ended up having to cut off. Also, getting the turbo aligned to the collector was very frustrating.

Do not install the turbo to pedestal mounting bolts when aligning the turbo to the collector and loosely connect the up pipes to the manifolds. I spent a couple of hours just trying get the collector to mate to the turbo. After tearing everything back apart, I noticed the alignment pin on the collector was damaged/deformed. I don't know if it happened during shipping or if it was from the manufacturing process. So make sure everything bolts together prior to installing these - aligning the turbo to collector is difficult enough :). A second set of hands would have made this job 10x easier.

Overall, this was well worth the money but I hope I never have to this job again.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Fabtech FTS310 Pitman Arm
Fabtech FTS310 Pitman Arm
Price: $97.80
44 used & new from $95.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy duty pitman arm, January 13, 2016
This is a high quality pitman arm. Eliminated the bump steer on my 2000 Excursion with the 36 spline output shaft. This drop pitman arm will hit the OEM track bar bracket, so make sure to buy a drop track bar bracket. Fabtech also makes a high quality bracket.

FloTool 11930MI Heavy Duty Wheel Chocks, Set of 2
FloTool 11930MI Heavy Duty Wheel Chocks, Set of 2
Price: $5.67
22 used & new from $5.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Heavy Duty, December 12, 2015
This will work fine on light weight items such as a trailer that weighs a few hundred pounds.

I needed to work on my Excursion (7,500 lbs) on my inclined driveway so I used these to keep it from rolling away. I mistakenly didn't engage the parking brake all the way which caused these wheel chocks to take the entire load. Immediately, they collapsed and I caught it just in time before the wheels went completely over the flattened wheel chocks.

If you need a heavy duty wheel chock that can take the weight of a vehicle or large trailer, invest in some solid rubber wheel chocks.

Optimus H-5300BK Quartz and convection Radiant Heater
Optimus H-5300BK Quartz and convection Radiant Heater
41 used & new from $99.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Great heater....while it lasted, November 29, 2015
This heater did a great job supplementing my central heating for the past 3 winters. I also have three other radiant-type heaters (2 DeLonghi Mica Panel and 1 DeLonghi Radiator) but this one by far puts out the most heat.

There are a couple drawbacks with this unit. This a quartz heater which can easily ignite things if left in front of it (common sense goes a long ways). Also, if you need to use the built-in thermostat, forget about it as it's very finicky/unreliable. A plug in wall outlet type thermostat (Lux Win100) fixes this issue.

Unfortunately, this died on me a couple of weeks ago. Having a background in electronics, I decided to try and repair it. The power light was not coming on so I traced the circuit from the power light and found that there is an inline/axial thermal cutoff/fuse that had blown. It was located under a white sheathing between the power plug and heater level switch. After replacing it, it fired right back up. I'm fairly confident that this thermal cutoff is responsible for the majority of the failures of these units.

The original thermal cutoff is manufactured by Microtemp; part# G4A00 (121 Degrees C, 10A, 250V). Not a lot of places stock this part but I was able to find a seller on an auction website which had a similar one in stock - SEFUSE part# SF119E. For anyone attempting this repair, disassembly of the heater is required and the new thermal cutoff must be crimped on. The heat from a soldering iron will quickly blow it.

UPDATE - 2/2/16

Microtemp part# G4A01121C has identical electrical characteristics to the original G4A00 (121 Deg C) and will work. I believe the G4A00 thermal cutoff has discontinued and replaced with G4A01.Available on Amazon for $6.58 ea. - http://www.amazon.com/THERMODISC-G4A01121C-FUSE-THERMAL-250V/dp/B005T7HAZW

If you need more than one, I would suggest buying them from Newark, as they are $1.00/ea + shipping.

Also, I've been using my heater daily since the repair and it's still working very well.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2016 10:34 PM PST

AAP 50 Plug-In Adjustable Ionic Air Purifier
AAP 50 Plug-In Adjustable Ionic Air Purifier
Offered by Pure Energy
Price: $89.00
2 used & new from $39.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Great concept but poor design, October 12, 2015
While the concept of this air purifier (mini ozone generator) is great, the execution of the design is very poor. After several months of running it 24/7 in our half bath, it began making a high pitch squealing noise and stopped outputting ozone. I followed their cleaning procedure which had no effect.

I contacted the manufacturer about the issues and warranty claim but the only thing they seemed to care about was pointing out the fact that it was outside their 90 day warranty period. With nothing to lose, I decided to open up the unit and low and behold, I found a lot of oxidation on the components on the circuit board including the electrode which is used to produce the ozone. The oxidation is the result of exposure to ozone.

The ozone producing electrode is soldered/mounted directly on the circuit board, allowing all the components to be exposed to ozone. The fan on the back of the unit does not direct air out of the little hole in the front of unit. Instead, it just blows air over the entire circuit board allowing the PCB and components to get exposed to ozone. Also, the poorly routed wiring for the fan was nearly resting on the high voltage electrode which melted the insulation (see pic). This is a potential fire hazard.

The heavily corroded/rusted electrode is what caused my unit to fail. If it were made of ozone resistant stainless steel like it should have been, it would still be working. I ended up removing it from the circuit board (de-soldered it), removed all the oxidation by sanding it down and letting it soak in vinegar. After this repair, it fired right up and was producing ozone again. If I want to keep this unit running, I will need to regularly repeat this process or replace the electrode with stainless steel.

Running this in a high humidity environment (bathroom with shower) will only accelerate the corrosion and shorten the life of this unit.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Motorcraft DY860 Glow Plug Switch
Motorcraft DY860 Glow Plug Switch
Price: $46.12
38 used & new from $44.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as DY861, October 9, 2015
This is the exact same relay as the Motorcraft DY861, which is what my 2000 Ford Excursion 7.3L calls for. I do not understand why there are no nuts included with the DY861 relay as my old ones were rusted so bad they were not usable.

For the 99-03 7.3L guys, the harness included with this relay is useless. And it's $10 cheaper.

ACDelco 45D2181 Professional Front Lower Suspension Ball Joint Assembly
ACDelco 45D2181 Professional Front Lower Suspension Ball Joint Assembly
Price: $45.06
24 used & new from $45.06

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Tight, April 18, 2015
These are repackaged Raybestos ball joints by AC Delco. These Professional grade ball joints are very high quality but unfortunately, these are way too tight which causes memory steer. I installed two sets (thanks to Amazon's return policy) but those too were very tight. I followed the torque specs provided by ACDelco along with Raybestos' but I came to the conclusion the tolerances are way too tight.

I ended up driving the 2nd set for a few thousand miles in hopes they would loosen up. It was very difficult to keep my truck steering straight and any input from the steering wheel would cause it to dart in that direction (talk about white knuckle driving). Any bumps or crowns in the road would cause it to wander. Also, the steering wheel would not completely return to center.

I finally had enough and installed XRF ball joints (million mile warranty). Handling returned back to normal and now the steering wheel returns completely back to center. When I was removing the ACDelco ball joints, the knuckles were still very difficult to turn while using two hands. With the XRF ball joints installed, I can now move the knuckles with minimal effort using one hand.

The ACDelco/Raybestos (and Moog) ball joints are high quality but the tolerances are way too tight for the solid axle Fords.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4