Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Wolfgang Rumpf > Reviews

Browse

Wolfgang Rumpf's Profile

Customer Reviews: 154

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Wolfgang Rumpf RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Aspen Supply Adult Stretchy Texting Gloves (Red)
Aspen Supply Adult Stretchy Texting Gloves (Red)
Offered by Riverstone Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlooked for value and features - definitely buy these, February 23, 2016
I was looking for some good affordable gloves for my fourteen-year olds, who continually lose their gloves. I was expecting these to go the same route, but to my surprise the kids haven't lost them after 5 months! Why? Because of the touch-screen ability! They aren't taking them off to text, and are keeping good track of them because of that function!

Not only that but the gloves themselves are actually quite good. I can highly recommend these.

Apple Watch Band, Penom Fully Magnetic Closure Clasp Mesh Loop Milanese Stainless Steel Bracelet Strap for Apple iWatch Sport & Edition 42mm - Black
Offered by Riega
Price: $32.99
3 used & new from $20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 3rd party magnetic closure band for Apple Watch - stylish and high quality!, January 12, 2016
UPDATE:

I wore this band for 2 weeks and noticed some heavy scratches on the back side of the magnet - not the band, just the tab that contains the magnet. Functionality was not affected, just aesthetics. I contacted the seller (Riega) and they immediately sent me a replacement band. Talk about great customer service! We determined that the scratches came from me resting my hand on my desk as I was working (computer user all day every day). So to prevent this from happening, I may put a layer of clear tape over the magnetic hasp area - or not wear the new one to work.

PREVIOUS REVIEW

After reading all of the other reviews here on Amazon, I went ahead and purchased this band. I decided to wait a week before writing my review just in case....

And here it is. I LOVE this band! The magnet is VERY strong and secure, it does not slip or move (in fact it often grips "double", so be sure you unfold it completely when using). The quality of the manufacture and finish seems very high - no burrs, no loss of color (after one week). This band has already drawn numerous compliments - it's indistinguishable from the Apple version of this band, but available in black (Apple's isn't). The black goes very well with the Space Gray Apple Watch. All in all I highly recommend this!

Cheerwing® 3.7V 650mAh Lipo Battery (4PCS) with 4 In 1 Battery Charger for Syma X5SW X5 X5C X5C-1 RC Quadcopter Drone Parts
Offered by Cheerwing USA
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for your starter drone!, January 12, 2016
A must-have if you are flying a starter drone such as the Syma X5SW (which I love). I get up to 8 minutes flight time with each of these - well worth the money!

Cheerwing Syma X5SW UAV FPV 2.4Ghz 4CH 6-Axis Gyro RC Qucopter Drone UFO Headless Mode with 2.0MP HD Wifi Camera Support IOS Android RTF(White)
Offered by Cheerwing USA
Price: $58.98
2 used & new from $50.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic starter drone!, January 12, 2016
This is a great entry-level quadcopter. Lots of "high end" features - wifi camera, headless mode, toss and fly, etc. No "return home" feature, so be VERY careful not to let it get out of transmitter range - especially not straight up (there's a reason I had to buy a second one).

This drone has survived many falls onto the ground/grass from as far as 12 feet up in the air with no noticeable damage. With 3rd party batteries (somewhat larger in capacity) I have managed to get up to 8 minutes of flight time on a single charge - so yeah, buy more batteries and a charger that can charge all of them at once. I bought one of these (reviewed separately) and do NOT regret it at all!

Nochoice® Crazy Mount Magnetic Car Phone Holder for iPhone se 6s Plus 6s 5s 5c Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge S6 S5 Note 5 4 ( 42mm Black)
Offered by Nochoice
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good mounting system - it actually works as advertised!!!!, December 22, 2015
I had my doubts about this device - it uses an adhesive to stick to the dashboard (or whatever) of your car, and a magnet to hold your phone to that? Seriously? But based on the reviews I gave it a chance, and boy am I pleased! I have been looking for a subtle, minimalistic, and easy way of mounting my iPhone on my Toyota 4Runner dash, and this little beauty really works! I live in a "historic" neighborhood that is full of rough brick streets, and not ONCE has my phone budged! Even going over speedbumps at far higher than optimal speeds, this gadget has keep my iPhone in place. And it's actually quite easy to remove the phone intentionally if you choose to do so. I can't give this one a higher rating than 5, or else it would have an eleven.

The Man In The High Castle - Season 1
The Man In The High Castle - Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done alternate history!, December 11, 2015
Astonishingly well done alternate history. Just finished watching the Seadon Finale - hoping for many more seasons!

iPhone 6s Case, New Trent LV6 Rugged Protective Durable TPU iPhone 6s PU Leather case iPhone 6s and iPhone 6 - Color: Brown - NOT Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 Inch Screen
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $12.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Protective - You'll never want to take this case off!, September 29, 2015
If you’ve read any of my other product reviews, you’ll may know that I totally adore my New Trent Rentrium 6S Rugged iPhone case for my iPhone 6. At the end of that review, I made the assertion that “my iPhone 6 isn’t coming out of this case unless New Trent can come up with an even better one.”

Well, they did.

I recently upgraded to the New Trent iPhone 6 Leather case. It’s pretty clear that New Trent listens to their customers, as all of the issues I had with the previous case (and there weren’t many) have been resolved.

Let’s start at the beginning.

Unboxing the case is very straightforward. The case consists of a hard outer shell and an inner plastic shell. The inner plastic shell contains a transparent screen protector, and both sides of the screen protector ship with a protective sheet to prevent any marking. These sheets are easy to remove now, thanks to a small tab that sticks out a bit from the main sheet.

After removing the inner sheet, your iPhone 6 just drops in. You should take advantage of the included cleaning cloth to clean your iPhone 6 screen before dropping it in to the inner case - the worst thing about installing your iPhone into a new case is discovering fingerprints *after* finishing the installation.

Now that you have your phone in the inner case, you can place the rigid outer shell around the inner shell. Mine went on very easily, and fits snugly and tightly.

As for the case itself - it’s very rugged and sturdy, without converting your sleek iPhone 6 into a brick. This case adds just a few millimeters of thickness to your iPhone 6, yet as with previous rugged New Trent cases, I get the impression that my phone would easily survive a drop while in this case. The iPhone 6 Leather Case has noticeably more pronounced edges, providing even more of a bumper for edge-drops. This makes sense - if you do drop your phone, and it hits edge-on, all the force is concentrated in a small region, making damage more likely. By adding extra padding on the edges, this case makes doubly-sure to protect your iPhone.

Unlike the previous case I had been using, the iPhone 6 Leather Case doesn’t include rubber stoppers for any of the ports (e.g. power or headphone jack). . I’m kind of ambivalent about this - I liked having the ability to “seal” the iPhone more tightly, but since these rubber stoppers have a proclivity to stress and break off over time, it’s really no loss. As for the controls, the volume buttons are covered with a solid yet functional button cover, as is the power button, leaving only the “mute” switch and the Touch ID sensor (the Home button) exposed.

The case has cutouts in the right places to expose the speaker (while still protecting it with several millimeters of sturdy rubber), and the screen protector makes certain to reveal the light sensor and camera - there is absolutely no loss of phone functionality with this case. The rear of the case has a beautiful leather-look inset, with openings to reveal the rear-facing camera, flash, and Apple Logo. As with the speaker, the case is thick enough to fully protect the camera lens and flash - the case protrudes just enough beyond the camera lens to ensure that the case will contact any surface, rather than the camera.

All in all this is a beautiful, well thought out case. In all dimensions the case protects the phone - there is no angle of impact that your iPhone 6 could take in this case where the case would not absorb the impact. This case, with its rugged bumper corners, is very impressive and should protect your iPhone from any normal drop. And the beautiful contrast between the black of the case and the brown of the leather-like inset are sure to attract attention.

iPhone SE Case, iPhone 5s Case, New Trent Trentium Rugged Protective Durable iPhone 5 Case for the Apple iPhone 5s/5/SE w/ Glass Screen Protector 3 Back Plates - Black Silver Gold
Offered by idealpoint
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $15.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and rugged protection for your iPhone 5/5S, September 24, 2015
Recently I had the opportunity to upgrade my iPhone 5 case with the New Trent Trentium Rugged case for the iPhone 5. I also have an iPhone 6, which lives in a Trentium 6S Rugged Case, so I thought I knew what to expect – I love the 6S, and expected a similar experienced with the rugged case for the iPhone 5.

Turns out I was mistaken. The Trentium Rugged case for the iPhone 5 is even better than the Trentium 6S rugged case.

Installing the case onto the iPhone was a breeze – identical, in fact, to installing the Trentium 6S case. The iPhone is placed into an inner “hard” case, which includes a transparent screen protector that extends up and over the various sensors at the top of the iPhone 6 screen. This inner case then gets placed in the outer (back) case, a fairly solid rubber shell that has to be gently “pinched” shut around the edges of the inner case. All pretty standard if you’ve ever used similar cases. Finally you get to choose from one of three colored back-plates to snap onto the back shell, adding a dash of color and style to the case. As with my 6S case I chose the silver backplate, but the packaging includes one each of black, gold, and silver, so you can mix it up and even change at a whim to make the case match your outfit or mood. Installing the Trentium Rugged case for the iPhone 5 took me less than 5 minutes.

The Trentium Rugged case for the iPhone 5 is a very nice unit - it feels solid without adding a significant amount of bulk. The rubber back-case and backplate feel very sturdy and strong, and I’m confident that if the phone got dropped from, say, hand-height (about 3-4 feet off the ground), it would survive just fine (not that I’m suggesting in any fashion that you test this – I’m just sayin’). The front screen protector should protect the screen from scratches, and doesn’t take away any of the utility of the screen. The only part of the phone that’s actually exposed is the touch-sensor on the front and the camera lense/flash unit on the back (which does have a raised bezel now because of the back case and plate, so it’s actually inset and quite well protected) - all the ports and switches have nice thick rubber protectors, even the speaker gets a thick rubber grille. For the push-button switches, the rubber protectors are permanent - just push the rubber and the push gets passed through to the switch inside. For the ports, the rubber protector has to be pried back to expose the ports.

This is where New Trent really let me know that they pay attention to their customers. The Trentium 6S case that I have (almost a year old now) has already lost a few of these rubber protectors – the one that covered the power port never really fit perfectly (it would keep popping out), and the others – well, I’m a heavy phone user, and after a year of wiggling the protectors back and forth, I guess it’s to be expected that the rubber would stress and wear out. The rubber protectors on the Trentium Rugged case for the iPhone 5/5S, however, feel MUCH more sturdy and solid – without sacrificing any of their usability. They still open and close very easily – and they fit perfectly into the sockets of the iPhone 5.

Beyond functionality, this case is very attractive - the design has nice lines and angles that complement the phone itself. Unlike competing products that protect your phone by wrapping it inside a big black box with all the style and grace of a safe deposit box, I actually enjoy showing this case off to my friends. The backplates are stylish, allowing the Apple logo to come through a cutout while adding enough protective shielding that I’m not afraid that dropping this phone would instantly render it an eBay “for parts” auction candidate.

Overall I absolutely love this case - my iPhone 5 isn’t coming out of this case unless New Trent can come up with an even better one….

The Lathe of Heaven
The Lathe of Heaven
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic sci-fi book at a great price, September 3, 2015
One of my favorite Ursula K. Le Guin books - actually just one of my favorite books. Bought it again because the price was just right.

INK E-SALE Compatible Toner Cartridge Replacement for CF210A CF211A CF212A CF213A/131A with HP LaserJet Pro 200 color M251nw, MFP M276nw Printers (Black/Cyan/Magenta/Yellow) 5 Pack
Offered by Global Toner
Price: $63.50
2 used & new from $63.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Non-OEM tonor at a fantastic price, September 3, 2015
I was stunned when I discovered I could buy an HP Color Laserjet for $120. And with this affordable and perfectly serviceable tonor replacement kit, it's by far cheaper than the inkjet printer it replaced - the tonor doesn't ever dry out or go bad like inkjet ink, and while the HP brand tonor is expensive, this stuff *isn't*, and works just as well. I'll be a repeat customer for certain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16