Profile for K Smith > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

K Smith RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
by David Brownstein
55 used & new from $12.83

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book about Iodine and the critical nutritional need we ..., September 10, 2014
This is an excellent book about Iodine and the critical nutritional need we have for it to maintain good health and prevent cancer and other diseases, but it's important to be clear about the piece of data that many in the Iodine community use to justify using 12.5mg and more of Iodine and that's the data that the Japanese consume more than 13mg of Iodine daily. 12.5mg - 50mg daily may be safe, but we shouldn't rely on the assumed Japanese Iodine consumption to justify it. The Japanese ministry of Health recognizes the dose of 1-3mg as the upper limit. That may be incorrect, but that's their stand. It's still far higher than the measly 150mcg that the RDA recommends.

In a paper published Oct 5, 2011 we learn that the Japanese Iodine intake is between 1-3mg per day. The paper is written by Dr. David Zava and Theodore T Zava The paper is titled:

Assessment of Japanese iodine intake based on seaweed consumption in Japan: A literature-based analysis

Japanese iodine intake from edible seaweeds is amongst the highest in the world. Predicting the type and amount of seaweed the Japanese consume is difficult due to day-to-day meal variation and dietary differences between generations and regions. In addition, iodine content varies considerably between seaweed species, with cooking and/or processing having an influence on iodine content. Due to all these factors, researchers frequently overestimate, or underestimate, Japanese iodine intake from seaweeds, which results in misleading and potentially dangerous diet and supplementation recommendations for people aiming to achieve the same health benefits seen by the Japanese. By combining information from dietary records, food surveys, urine iodine analysis (both spot and 24-hour samples) and seaweed iodine content, we estimate that the Japanese iodine intake--largely from seaweeds--averages 1,000-3,000 μg/day (1-3 mg/day).

Hopefully Dr. Brownstein will correct this in future editions

PattyBoutik Cotton Blend V Neck Lace Up Casual Tunic Top (Black S)
PattyBoutik Cotton Blend V Neck Lace Up Casual Tunic Top (Black S)
Offered by PattyBoutik
Price: $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorites!, July 1, 2014
I'm 5'3, 107lbs 32-25-34 and the small fits great in this top. It's long enough to cover my crotch. I plan to wear it with leggings.

Women's Sexy Stretch Pants for Women Juniors with Designs Green Butterfly
Women's Sexy Stretch Pants for Women Juniors with Designs Green Butterfly
Offered by Kissni
Price: $10.68
4 used & new from $7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars They fit as expected, June 28, 2014
I'm 5'3 106lbs 32-25-34 and they fit great. They don't appear to be see through to me as some have mentioned. The print and design is crisp and detailed as pictured.

PattyBoutik Hoodie Sides Pocket Curve Hem Tunic Casual Top (Blue S)
PattyBoutik Hoodie Sides Pocket Curve Hem Tunic Casual Top (Blue S)
Offered by PattyBoutik
Price: $36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect hoodie for me, June 27, 2014
One of my favorite pieces. I'm 5'3, 107lbs 32-26-34 and the small fits me great. It shows the figure, but it doesn't fit tight. The fabric seems like quality material.

Ninimour- Fashion Print Women Bodycon Mini Dress Clubwear (M, Blue Gray)
Ninimour- Fashion Print Women Bodycon Mini Dress Clubwear (M, Blue Gray)
Offered by Afire Store
Price: $16.00
9 used & new from $8.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 27, 2014
This wasn't exactly like I expected it would be. I expected the material to be just one piece of fabric, but each horizontal stripe is an individual piece of fabric. It seems like it would be labor intensive to make. I'm 5'3 108lbs 32-26-34 and it fits great! This dress will show any flaw in your curves obviously. If you have a figure like the model, you'll look like the picture. If not, you may not be happy. They are horizontal stripes so you're doing to need to be slender to pull this off. To address other concerns mentioned in other reviews. The seams were well sewn on the dress I received. People also mentioned the fabric is too sheer. it looked fine to me, but I wasn't looking at it in bright light. Personally, I'll just wear a sports bra with leggings and have no problem wearing it to work in a professional environment. Fits great and it's less than $10! What's not to love?

The Abbey Cap in Ruffle White with Black Trim
The Abbey Cap in Ruffle White with Black Trim
Offered by ChemoFashionScarf
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and looks great!, June 21, 2014
I love this. I ordered like 10 different kinds of the Abbey Cap and may order more. The ruffles make it.

Tan Leopard Faux Suede Round Toe Slouchy Over The Knee Flat Boots Vickie HI LESU 8

2.0 out of 5 stars runs small, June 21, 2014
I typically wear around a size 8. I ordered a size 8, and they are too small for my huge feet. I let a coworker try them on. She wears a 6 1/2-7, and they fit her perfectly. So take that for what its worth. Hopefully I can find a stripper who wears a size 7 to give these boots a proper home. :-)

The Abbey Cap in Ruffle Purple
The Abbey Cap in Ruffle Purple
Offered by ChemoFashionScarf
Price: $26.99

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and looks great!, June 21, 2014

Gothic Alchemy Fairy & Skull - Green Designer Pantyhose (Tights)
Gothic Alchemy Fairy & Skull - Green Designer Pantyhose (Tights)
Offered by Lisskiss
Price: $18.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, June 21, 2014
These fit and look as expected. I'm 5'3 107lbs They will fit all the fairy occasions perfectly. . . .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3