Profile for Toke P. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Toke P. RSS Feed (Basel, Switzerland)

Page: 1 | 2
Nikon 24mm f/1.4G ED AF-S RF SWM Prime Wide-Angle Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Price: $1,929.00
32 used & new from $1,450.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing piece of glass! Start saving ..., June 17, 2014
Wow, this lens is worth it, which says a lot considering the cost. This is the lens I use the most for anything but portraits, despite having some overlapping lenses (the zooms: 14-24 2.8G and the 24-70 2.8G). The zooms are also great, but this lens is outstanding. Another issue with the zooms is that they are so bulky, and this 24mm looks much more discrete, which is a real plus for street photography in the evening (where you do not want to attract attention).

And being able to stop this down to 1.4 is a real plus, so you can actually work with the DOF at 24mm. Together with my D800 I basically do not need a flash, except for fill during the day - it is just that light sensitive. Amazing. The focus is fast and spot on, and compared with the 14-24 I love being able to use 77mm filters (for instance a 10xND filter). Color and contrast is simply 10/10. I cannot imagine that this lens can be improved, it is simply perfect.

TAG Heuer Men's WAH1010.BA0854 Formula 1 Grande Date Black Dial Watch
TAG Heuer Men's WAH1010.BA0854 Formula 1 Grande Date Black Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value - I love it!, June 17, 2014
Buying an expensive watch online without seeing it … I was concerned at first, but it worked out beautifully, and I have no complaints. This was a gift to myself :)

The watch is rather large (thick and large dial) and heavy, but I was looking for something solid and well built. It is definitely more elegant than an average dive watch, and goes well with a suit or shorts. I got it two weeks ago, and wore it constantly since then. The contrast between the steel and the dark dial is really nice, and the numbers/markings are large. The time is easy to tell except perhaps if it is pitch black (see below). I love the way the date is discretely placed under the seconds arm. The bezel has a dive-watch quality feel to it (it has two clicks per second, ie one rotation is 120 clicks). Great! I also love that the watch is super quiet, and unless you put the watch directly next to your ear, you will not be able to hear it. The bracelet is elegant, and has a double safety clasp, which works really well.

The florescent markings on the watch really light up at night (as well as the numbers) – what has the least light are the arms, so it is not easy to read in the dark (it should be the other way around). The glowing part of the arms is only a small triangle - if I was a ranger or deep sea diver this would probably be an issue, but for normal use it works fine (anyway, I have another clock in my bed room).

Panel Touch Glass Lens Digitizer Screen Replacement Part For Amazon Kindle Fire HD7 +tools
Offered by winmaxcn
Price: $36.59
7 used & new from $25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult/impossible to replace - buy a version with the LCD instead, January 28, 2014
I bought this set at first, since on my 7" KFHD it was only the digitizer (front glass) that was broken, and not the LCD. I am pretty good at repairing stuff, and will say that you have to be really patient and careful to make this item work for you. The problem is that in the KFHD, the digitizer and LCD are from the factory glued together around the entire edge, and with VERY strong glue. Working this glue (heating and trying to split the two parts) without cracking the sensitive LCD screen is really difficult (and if you manage, the next challenge is to put them together without getting dust between).

I ended up cracking the LCD, and had to buy a part where the touch digitizer glass + LCD Screen are glued together, and with that part I was able to do the job.

I think the part probably works (and hence the 3 stars), it is just impossible to use for a non-professional. Most likely you will like me - end up throwing it out. Save your money.

Generic Amazon Kindle Fire 7" HD Touch Digitizer Glass + LCD Screen Replacements
Offered by mobilekits Town
Price: $85.00
3 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, and it worked., January 28, 2014
We had a broken screen for the 7" KFHD, and I fixed it with this set! At first I bought another set with just the digitizer (the touch sensitive front glass), but it turned out to be impossible to split the LCD (which was not broken) from the digitizer. So I bought this set, and it worked. I would definitely recommend this set.
I would not say replacing it is easy, but doable if you are patient and good at repairing. Count on using 2 hours in total. I found some videos on youtube and followed them - but beware that it is quite some work to remove the old broken glass, and cleaning the frame, and the videos I saw were with a non-broken glass. All the tools are included, but the screwdriver did not fit well with the screws, so I had to use my own.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2014 12:17 PM PDT

Tech Armor Samsung Samsung Galaxy S4 (Not S4 ACTIVE) High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors -- Maximum Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy [3Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
4 used & new from $1.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, easy to apply, September 10, 2013
I have no prior experience with putting on screen protectors, and was curious whether it would be easy (and a nice result), or difficult (with bubbles and/or dust). It went well, but I did spend 15 minutes: it took time watching the instruction video, washing hands etc. preparing my workspace, aligning carefully etc. The screen is very transparent, in fact it is hard to see it is on. My application was on my son's Galaxy S4 (lucky kid!), and in fact he could not even see I had put it on at first, it is just that transparent. Time will tell how well it protects the screen (which is why I give this 4 stars for now).

Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner - 33 oz
Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner - 33 oz
Offered by The Beauty Box
Price: $50.00
11 used & new from $47.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, January 18, 2013
We have two mixed chicks at home, age 3 and 9, and this product is a real life saver. The other mixed chick conditioner (wash-out), and the shampoo are also good, but if you had to rank the Mixed Chicks products, I would say that this is the best one (but still I would get the other ones as well). Depending on the type of curls it may be heavy or just right - but it works wonders for us, despite my daughters' hair has a different textures in the front and back (some more curly and some more curly patches).

We use this together with the shampoo, and it is as if using it regularly changes the structure of the hair. So when we go to the local swimming pool (where there is no time for anything but washing the hair in some generic shampoo), the hair still looks good afterwards (despite not using the mixed chicks products there).

Mixed Chicks Paddle Brush
Mixed Chicks Paddle Brush
Offered by beauty makeup
Price: $14.00
3 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush, and worth it, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Mixed Chicks Paddle Brush (Misc.)
I was hesitant about this expensive brush, but since we are so happy with the conditioner products from Mixed Chicks, I though it would be worth the try (we have two mixed girls, 3 and 9, and before discovering the Mixed Chicks products, managing their hair was a nightmare).

The brush is really good, and their hair looks lovely. I am not really sure why they prefer it over a cheaper brush, or why it works better with their hair, but it just does (just like I dont know why the mixed chicks conditioner product line is so good, but it just is). Anyway, if you are looking for a good brush, give it a try - the only negative is the price, but I do think it is worth it.

Microsoft Surface / Surface 2 Soft Sleeve / Case for the RT by MetricUSA Blue and Turquoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice soft case/sleeve, fits the Surface well, January 18, 2013
I have used this case/sleeve for about 2 weeks, and am very happy with it. I was concerned whether it would fit well based on what others had written, but I think it fits exactly to the Surface and the touch keyboard. Based on how it opens and is made, I think it will last for a while, and for a reasonable price.

I had perhaps expected it to thicker and more neoprene-line, but it is really soft, so mainly it would protect against scratches, and minor drops (having said that, I have dropped the Surface 4 ft onto a stone floor - without the cover - and it survived). I think the real protection comes from that it makes the Surface easier to carry since the material is non-slippery (unlike the Surface itself, which easily can slide out of your hands). With this case it is unlikely to slide out of your hands.

Lastly, I like the colors (and the choices). Having the black keyboard on my Surface, it can be a bit hard to see in my bag or backpack, but with this cover it becomes easy to locate.

How to Write a Non-Fiction Book in 60 Days
How to Write a Non-Fiction Book in 60 Days
by Paul Lima
Price: $14.95
42 used & new from $10.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Good help to get started, July 18, 2011
This book gave me the kick to get started on my book project - I am not done yet, but have reached the point where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now the first draft is within reach, and it took 80 days. The book is well-written, well-structured and easy to read. Like all "how to" books I have used the parts I feel make sense and that are useful for me - which was most (I skipped the "warm-up" exercises before you start writing, which feels like a waste of time for me - but it may work well for the author and other writers). The underlying idea and method is quite simple, but so are usually all good ideas. Recommended.

Nikon Coolpix P7000 Horizontal Leather Case
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Horizontal Leather Case
Price: $15.20
3 used & new from $15.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, excellent fit for the P7000, July 18, 2011
The case is really nice, looks nice, soft leather, soft inside, and is slim (for such a large camera). Excellent quality that match the camera. It IS a snug fit, and after a week or so the camera fits. Remember leather is a "living" material, and will need some time to resize from the "compressed" way it came out of the packaging. Right out of the box the camera seems too large, but leave the camera inside for some time, and it will fit perfectly. The camera comes in and out easily after the first week.
I am only missing one thing: I don't use the belt loop, so when I take a picture what do I do with the case? There is no loop where you can attach the neck strap, so you have to put it in your pocket, or hold it in the other hand. But that is about the only negative I can say about his case.

Page: 1 | 2