Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for Olivia > Reviews

Browse

Olivia's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Olivia RSS Feed (NYC)

Student Activities Manual for Valette's Contacts: Langue et culture françaises, 8th Edition (French Edition)
by Jean Paul Valette
Price: $153.95
47 used & new from $11.20

2.0 out of 5 stars DON'T RENT IT, September 22, 2013
I rented the book along with the others because it was a strange amount of money for a workbook but when I got it chapters were missing. So get the book if you need it because it is helpful just don't rent it.

Enclave
Enclave
by Ann Aguirre
Price: $15.93
104 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising, August 18, 2012
This review is from: Enclave (Hardcover)
I bought this because it was only two dollars but I was really surprised to find myself enjoying it so much. It's like a mix between a zombie novel and Contagian with a bunch of your standard dystopian world elements thrown in. But I will say, that the ending was so abrupt and sudden that I literally thought the last pages were missing. It just ended and maybe it felt too quick because I had been reading it straight through all night but still. Despite that, this is a really captivating story and I can't wait for book two, which thankfully comes out in a couple weeks. I had to get out my computer to verify that my book had the right number of pages and was missing an ending haha

The Kitchen House: A Novel
The Kitchen House: A Novel
by Kathleen Grissom
Price: $9.52
468 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A review., February 27, 2010
At 17, I realize that I'm not the greatest authority on literary merit. My life has been short, relatively unlived, inexperienced. I spend most of my time living through the lives of fictional people on someone else's pages and I feel the uneven weight of the book in my hands. I read The Kitchen House and couldn't feel a thing that wasn't being felt by Belle and Lavinia. I saw only them, their world. And when it was all over, I felt that I might cry because the last page had turned but suddenly, it seemed like the room wasn't empty.
As I read, all of them- Belle, Ben, Marshall even- had peeled their backs off the words to hover around me. And they haunted me for days, followed me everywhere. This novel is the kind that pulls in one as one person before spitting you back out wholly other. Maybe it's the raw, unabashed emotion, the unhindered heartache that claws into you, snags on that darkest part of you and intensifies it. Makes you regret your sins and rejoice in your loves. Either way, I felt what I've rarely felt- that my short life may have been slightly changed by The Kitchen House- or, really, the lives of those inside of it. That I had moved one inch, however miniscule, closer to that part of my bloodline, my heritage, which had remained so almost dreamlike in its distance, untouchable.
Belle could be anyone's ancestor, Lavinia could be anyone's history.
Yeah, that's it. I felt, I think, for the first time, really connected to a past I had only ever read about in text books. In 2 days, this novel revealed more than 12 years of U.S. History. And made it real, true, beautifully horrible in every ghostly- or ghastly- way.
There really aren't words, though I've used a considerable amount, to describe the swell of emotions you feel while reading this. But I suppose that's where the beauty lies. In the ability of words on white pages to create from their inhumanity that rawest spectrum of feelings which mark us as truly human.
The "O" of OSG, Olivia
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2016 6:54 AM PDT