Profile for msbiofuels > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

msbiofuels RSS Feed

LCD display Touch Screen Digitizer Assembly for Motorola Moto G XT1032 XT1036 with free tools
Offered by JCB Park
Price: $30.21
12 used & new from $29.46

2.0 out of 5 stars worse than the original screen, better than nothing, December 1, 2014
I perused a few Youtube videos to find one that actually detailed removing the screen from the bezel. Most teardown videos don't go far enough. Using that I was able to replace my shattered screen. The kit did not include glue or tape, so be prepared to improvise. tweezers were also missing, and only one of the hex screwdrivers were actually needed.

While the new screen was an improvement over my shattered and ruined old screen, I have complaints:

The first thing I observed of the new screen was the brightness. It is darker. Increasing the brightness washed out the display, and didn't make it any easier to read.

Gestures are suddenly more difficult. Sliding my finger across the screen is frequently misinterpreted.

The resolution appears lower. I can see lines and pixels I don't remember seeing. Refresh speed also seems slower. Images are less vivid and videos are more blurry.

It burns in REALLY easily. My screen is set to stay on while charging. After 5 hours of overnight charging my background image was burned into the screen. I used an app to remove the image, and have set the screen to turn off, but now I have to wake it up whereas it was ready to go while charging.

This screen will get me by until I the new phone I want goes on for sale, but I would not want to keep this phone as it is for very long. Its better than a shattered screen with shards of glass poking your ear, but not worth it if all you have is one little crack.

Boss CH6520 Chaos Series 6.5-Inch 2-Way Speakers (Pair)
Boss CH6520 Chaos Series 6.5-Inch 2-Way Speakers (Pair)
Price: Click here to see our price
64 used & new from $13.88

1.0 out of 5 stars Sounded good, didn't last, April 16, 2014
I ordered 2 sets of speakers to replace blown speakers in my VW. The sound was an incredible improvement over the bad speakers that were in my car. They had some bass to them and a pretty decent range. The red was tacky so I mounted the speakers behind the factory grills and discarded the included grills.

10 months after install and 2 of the 4 speakers are blown. Any advice on how to exchange them? Amazon tells me these can't be returned due to them being "Hazardous"

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Unclogged the Jets in the SeaDoo, July 2, 2012
We left gas in the tank of the SeaDoo and forgot about it for the winter. When we got it out this weekend it would barely run, died at idle, and at full throttle it was barely putting around the marina. I figured the Jets in the carburetors were clogged. We drained the tank, poured in some Marine Gas and 1/3 bottle of SeaFoam. We put the SeaDoo back in the water and putted around (at full throttle) for about 15 minutes until suddenly the engine came to life (just about threw my buddy into the water). The difference was amazing. This is, by far, the most significant results I have ever gotten from Seafoam, but it made me a believer.

BOSS Audio 612UA In-Dash Single-Din USB/SD/MP3 Player Receiver
BOSS Audio 612UA In-Dash Single-Din USB/SD/MP3 Player Receiver
Price: Click here to see our price
112 used & new from $31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap receiver, March 6, 2012
My early Impressions are as follows

User Interface:
The UI is simplistic, but easy to understand. Most of the buttons on the receiver serve simple functions, and auxiliary functions are accessed by holding the buttons down. Their feel is hard and they click with a hard "snap" feeling every bit as cheap as the radio costs. The volume control knob is depressed to access settings, and held to turn off the unit. This is not very favorable as it is possible to hit the button when attempting to turn down the volume, forcing you to wait until it returns to normal function. The pale blue backlit display is adequate during the day, but the bright blue accent lights around the volume knob shine too brightly at night. At this price point you cannot expect a color changing display, but a dimmer would be nice.

Radio Performance:
The radio is sensitive, picking up even remote stations easily, and sounds quite good. The buttons are small and clustered on the right side of the unit - yet are somehow easy to select by feel alone. Tuning the stations is irksome, as pressing the tuning button seeks to even the weakest station. Holding the tuning button sends the radio to manual tune, which is slow to tune and returns to seek after a seemingly random period of time. I set my favorite radio stations in memory and forgot about the tuning difficulties quickly.

Audio:
This radio has only simple settings for audio - Bass, Treble, and Loud. A few built-in EQ settings are present, but I favored custom settings. The radio puts out 200W peak, which is just enough to drive my 6.5" Polks. The sound quality is good, but a more customizable EQ would be nice. It has two RCA outputs on the back for an amp, but not subwoofer controls in the menu to adjust volume, crossover, phase, etc.

MP3 Performance:
Coming later - but keep in mind: no iPod control - you'll have to use the AUX input and control the iPod manually. The unit has outlets for SD card, USB flash drive, and an AUX input, so there are plenty of options for playing MP3s.

Overall Impressions:
Considering it's excellent price, despite some shortcomings this is an excellent radio. Time will tell whether it is durable enough to withstand hard use, but the lack of movable parts should help. My truck sees lots of rutted dirt roads and some 2wd offroading - so time will tell whether the CD player subtraction helps. Few people listen to CDs anymore, favoring MP3 players, so I no longer see the point of paying for all the extra moving parts. I'll be purchasing an extra SD card soon so I can keep my MP3s in the truck all the time and don't have to fiddle with plugging in my phone unless I want to play Pandora.

----------------------
Odd things of note:

If I turn off the truck with the stereo turned low, when I turn the truck on the stereo comes on very loud.

This unit is only about 4 inches deep - so it should fit in even the most shallow of mounting points.

My unit appeared to be prepped from the factory for a Volkswagen - it had a VW wiring plug which had to be cut off the wiring harness, and a little VW Beetle features prominently in the center of the display. The wiring harness was easy to fix (just cut off the plug) but the little Bug in the display looks silly in the dash of my F250.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2013 3:11 PM PDT

Dual XR4110 In-Dash MP3, WMA, AM/FM Receiver with Front Panel USB, SD Card, and 3.5mm Aux Inputs (Gray)
Offered by Third Gear Performance
2 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, low powered, June 25, 2010
I installed this a week ago. Installation was typical: 8 wires for 4 speakers - 3 wires for power, ignition, and ground - and an optional power antenna line. Additionally, the receiver has 2 RCA pre-amp outputs on the rear. No changer controls or back-side dvd inputs. One thing of note is how extremely short the chassis is. Normal receivers are about 6" deep, this receiver is only about 4". This would be an excellent choice of receiver if you have an abnormally shallow mounting space.

The display is numeric only, which is no problem for radio and aux-in playback, but makes it difficult to search SD cards and USB drives filled with hundreds of MP3s. Additionally, If you keep your MP3s separated in different folders for artist and album, you'll want to rearrange them more simply as navigating folders is more of a guessing game. The Blue display is easy to read but very bright. There is no way to dim the light either.

Radio reception is good, but searching is slow. The Seek function is accessed by holding the forward and backward control buttons. When it finds a station, it stops, and you must release and repress-and-hold the control button again. There is no way to quickly scan from the front of the frequency range to the end of it. This is made more frustrating by the fact that the sensitive seek function stops at even the weakest stations. Once the presets are set, however, this is no longer an issue. I would be more aggravated by it if I frequently listened to the radio while traveling.

Audio output is adequate, nothing more. 15watts per speaker leaves the head unit unable to punch out any measurable degree of bass. If you want to drive 6x9s and expect any lows, you'll probably want to add in at least a small amp.

Bear in mind, the USB input is NOT INTENDED FOR iPOD CONTROL! The USB outlet is for plugging in USB flash drive loaded with MP3s. If you want to play music from your iPod, you'll be plugging it into the front Aux-In port.