Profile for guacgirl > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 138

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

guacgirl RSS Feed (California, USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Babyganics Face, Hand & Baby Wipes, Fragrance Free, 300 Count (Contains Three 100-Count Packs)
Price: $11.97
2 used & new from $11.30

3.0 out of 5 stars Has a weird scent, despite being "fragrance free", December 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It says "fragrance free" but it definitely has a scent. I've used other unscented wipes before and never felt like there was a scent. But this one definitely does, although it is not as strong as genuinely scented wipes. Other than the scent the wipes work fine. It is a nice thickness.

Unbecoming: A Novel
Unbecoming: A Novel
by Rebecca Scherm
Price: $20.93
76 used & new from $13.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot, December 11, 2014
This review is from: Unbecoming: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the most part, I enjoyed the book. However, I did find myself skimming paragraphs in some chapters when I felt like it was a little drawn out. The story line was interesting and engaging enough that it kept me reading more just to find out what happened to the main character to get her where she was. I didn't particularly like her very much. I'm not sure if the author intended that or not.

Play-Doh Mix 'n Match Magical Designs Palace Set Featuring Disney Princess Aurora
Price: $15.97
43 used & new from $6.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun in the beginning, but kids lost interest quickly, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My girls were excited to play with this, but they didn't play with it long and haven't really gone back to play with it again out of all the Play Doh sets we have. I think it was a little too difficult for the 3 year old. The 7 year old was able to make some of the examples, but in the end they just used the play doh to do their own thing and played with the princess figurine.

Falling into Place
Falling into Place
by Amy Zhang
Price: $14.21
69 used & new from $4.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy and quick read, September 21, 2014
This review is from: Falling into Place (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a teen, so this book isn't targeted to me. While I didn't love it, I enjoyed reading it. It was an easy and fairy quick read. I thought it was a unique format for the chapters, where it switches from person to person and different places in time. However, it got a little silly at the end when a few chapters were just one sentence long. I also was a little disappointed with the ending (I won't give it away here), though I can understand why it was written that way.

Mead Academie Blendable Colored Pencils, 12 Pencils per Tin, Assorted (98006)
Mead Academie Blendable Colored Pencils, 12 Pencils per Tin, Assorted (98006)
Offered by Summit Express
Price: $10.49
5 used & new from $6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice set, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a nice set of colored pencils. I gave them to my 7 year old to use for her drawings. The pencils feel stronger and nicer than the usual lower price, school supply colored pencil sets we usually get. Though I don't think my daughter really noticed much difference. I like the tin case too.

Barbie Feed & Cuddle Tawny Horse and Doll Playset
Barbie Feed & Cuddle Tawny Horse and Doll Playset
Offered by Quartermaster Shop
Price: $35.75
63 used & new from $28.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and fun set, September 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We are not a Barbie household. My girls just don't have any interest in Barbie, even the fancy "party" one they got as a present once. But they do like the style of doll, just not in Barbie form for some reason. So I wasn't sure if they would play with this set when I got it. But my girls love animals and figurines. I thought maybe they would just play with the horse. But they liked this set right from the beginning. They do use the Barbie to sit on the horse and make it move. And they play with it a fair amount compared to other toys. It doesn't work well on carpet though. I would recommend to any Barbie or horse fan.

Cat Lovers 2015 Engagement (Multilingual Edition)
Cat Lovers 2015 Engagement (Multilingual Edition)
by BrownTrout
Edition: Calendar
Price: $15.99
6 used & new from $6.40

4.0 out of 5 stars The cats are cute (which my daughters love to look at), September 12, 2014
The cats are cute (which my daughters love to look at). I have enough space per day. The only part that I don't like that I realized too late is that it uses a Sunday to Saturday week. I prefer a Monday to Sunday which I became used to for both work purposes. My previous weekly desk calendars were also Monday to Sunday.

California Costumes Women's Alice Costume
California Costumes Women's Alice Costume
Price: $23.16 - $53.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Will work, but not the best quality, September 12, 2014
I ordered both a Large and XL. The Large fit but was a little more snug than I preferred. But the XL was smaller/tighter than the Large! So I returned the XL. I thought maybe it was a fluke and ordered another XL but again it was smaller/tighter than the Large. Since I need an Alice costume pretty soon, I've kept the Large. It will do for what I need but I do you want to say that the quality is not the finest, as others have indicated. But I don't think I expected it to be at the price. My biggest complaint though is that the back of the dress uses two velcro spots and a tie at the top of the neck for closure. This really isn't ideal since the apron does not cover the back and so you can see in the back that it is just fastened together by velcro. Since it is slightly snug on me, as I mentioned, this means that the velcro could pop open if I shifted the wrong way here or there, not to mention that you could also see some of my back in between the velcro spots. The tie at the neck also felt and looked awkward. So I asked someone who is good with alterations to change it to a zipper and button for me. That makes it work for me now. It paired it with white tights, black mary jane shoes and a black headband and I am good to go, even though it still feels slight snug. I wish the XL size had worked out to actually be larger than the Large.

My Little Pony Pinkie Pies Rainbow Helicopter Playset
My Little Pony Pinkie Pies Rainbow Helicopter Playset
Price: $10.50
93 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute set for My Little Pony fans, May 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great addition for My Little Pony fans. I didn't read the item description carefully and thought the helicopter would actually fly, but it doesn't. That doesn't bother my daughter though (7 years old). She likes to play with the set together with her other My Little Pony figures/sets.

FurReal Friends Butterscotch, My Walkin' Pony Pet
FurReal Friends Butterscotch, My Walkin' Pony Pet
Offered by Amazing Plush
Price: $18.95
69 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute little toy, May 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Both my daughters (3 and 7) like this toy. We already had a smaller walking pony from the same brand. So the two of them play together with both (Mommy horse and baby horse). It is very cute and sound pretty realistic and walks very well on a most surfaces.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14