Profile for Rezivor > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 138

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rezivor RSS Feed (Spokane,WA.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Mario Kart 8 - Nintendo Wii U
Mario Kart 8 - Nintendo Wii U
Price: $48.36
88 used & new from $41.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nearly a perfect game, another amazing Mario Kart!, June 20, 2014
Mario Kart 8 is a very fun, great game. It has the usual simple controls (plus the motion w/ steering wheel or gamepad if you choose). The gameplay is fantastic, the power of the Wii U makes the graphics in awesome HD. And with Mario Kart 8 you get a overall more expansive Mario Kart experience than ever before! Many tracks, both classics beautifully remade & new one's too! Many characters to unlock and choose from. Including your Mii character(s). You can unlock various kart parts too! The levels have gravity defying elements. You have new weaponry to get in the boxes....And of course there are several types to play. 50cc,100cc,150cc,battle,time attack,ect.. the game like I said is nearly perfect. Great characters,gameplay,graphics,replay value (especially w/ friends or online), awesome unlockables....The one thing I dislike about this game is the screen layout when playing two players on the same TV. The split screen is vertically split instead of horizontal. You can see the track ok overall, but it just feels and looks a little enclosed and odd like that. It can't be changed in the settings either. So maybe playing one person on the gamepad screen & the other on TV is better for some? And of course playing 4 play the screen is split 4 ways, which is fine then, and expected. Not a major issue or deal breaker.....Just would be nice to play it split screen like Gears Of War,COD,ect..if desired. I highly recommend getting this game!!!

Nintendo Game Boy - Original (Gray)
Nintendo Game Boy - Original (Gray)
67 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh for '89!!!, June 2, 2014
Back when this portable/handheld system was released, it was a big deal! Even despite it being black & white (gray scale) only display for the games. It still was great being able to switch out your favorite games. And play other favorites wherever you were. The port to play with a friend (system link) that had a Gameboy was great & innovative for it's time! The headphone port was nice aswell.....The screen is not equipped with a light. So you couldn't play this in the dark (though I believe a add-on was later released to help do that). Much like the NES, it had the standard button layout and D-pad (direction pad). The battery life was decent for the time. But it would feel like your x4 AA batteries would drain quick. That's how it feels when you're a hadcore gamer though! Many great games came out for this system. Some titles include: Tetris, Super Mario Land,Battletoads,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,Double Dragon,Street Fighter II,Mortal Kombat,NBA JAM,Jordan vs Bird,Blades Of Steel,Castlevania,Swamp Thing,Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes,X-Men,Batman,Spider-Man. I didn't get one when they first came out. But la few years later would get one through trading stuff with a friend. Made the mistake of selling it, cause I got a Sega Game Gear (but should've kept both). However recently I found one @ a local game store called Trade A Game. Bought a little bit of my childhood back w/ the Gameboy & 7 games. Plan to get some more and have a decent library of games collected for it. They are still fun to play. Especially if you had been a kid back when they first came out. And you experienced & felt the awesomeness of the Gameboy when it innovated the gaming scene! And my 11yr old son has been enjoying it too! Even though we have systems ranging from the NES, all the way through to the Xbox One & Wii U. And PSP,Nintendo DSi handhelds. He can still enjoy the Gameboy for what it is.....A classic portable Nintendo system w/ a expansive release of games. Sure, they have aged a lot over the years. But they are still worth picking up & getting your game on!!!

Titanfall - Xbox One
Titanfall - Xbox One
Offered by Deals From the Wild
Price: $49.99
120 used & new from $29.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, just needs....., May 17, 2014
This review is from: Titanfall - Xbox One (Video Game)
Titanfall is a FPS (first person shooter) game that is set in a future time. You play as a pilot, which starts off running & gunning (and jumping, scaling buildings & running on them) on foot. Then, a few minutes later you are told your Titan is ready to be deployed! At which point you can deploy it, or save it for your next respawn (should you end up dying). If you save it for when you respawn, you'll drop from the sky inside it. Or if you deploy it. It drops from the sky. And you must get in quick! Various types of these mechs are available. As well as various weapons and abilities. You will continue to rank/level up. And it unlocks a lot of cool weapons,skills,ect...This game is pretty fast paced! Much like Call Of Duty, you battle it out on various maps. And with people online. This game is great, and with this level of creativity, it will only get better! Titanfall is great. But, it does have one area of the game that needs to be present. And that's a offline stoy mode. You can only play this game online. So if for any reason your net service is having a issue. You won't be able to play this game. Other than that.....This is a great game!

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox One
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Xbox One
296 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the series (in my opinion)., February 21, 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have COD Ghost on 3 systems....Wii U,Xbox 360, and the Xbox One. I'm not going to go into much detail about COD Ghost. It's what you expect. A sick, fast paced FPS game. The story is good in my opinion. It's short compared to some other campaigns, but decent length & good. You get to play as a K9 dog (Riley) a bit too! The multiplayer is great on all platforms (Xbox One,Wii U, Xbox 360,PS4 & PS3). All have generally the same layout on the controls. The Xbox One controller is great for this game! All look good. The PS3 & Xbox 360 versions look sharp and run fluent. The Wii U version looks slightly better than the PS3 & 360. And the Xbox One version looks even better! Runs very smooth. The maps are good. They range/vary in size. Some you'll love....some you'll hate, lol. Some people don't like Ghost. And say that is ruins the series,ect...I don't see it though. I think most people expected a lot more from it than what it offered. But that shouldn't tarnish what it does offer. I mean, you get to have shoot outs in outter space,under water,ect...I recommend picking up this game for sure!

Xbox One + Kinect
Xbox One + Kinect
Offered by OrderEasyAs123
196 used & new from $330.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars for the games & their quality....4 stars for the set up (of everything)., February 11, 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Xbox One + Kinect (Console)
The Xbox One is an amazing game system already. I just bought mine yesterday morning, and love it (now). When you first buy it and bring it home you have to have internet at least to update the system before you can even do anything else. It takes a while just for that to finish! Once that is done, you start setting up your settings,e.i. time,date,language,the kinect,ect...Then, you go to play your game finally. And before you can game, you MUST install the game (this applies to EVERY game) into your hard drive first. Now....I gotta point out, if your going to put your game in to install it. I recommend logging out of Live first. It will install quicker. And if you begin installing one way or the other. Then try to back out and re-install.....You must first go into the green "activity" box on the home menu. Find your "queued" install. Then cancel it. Then start over whichever way you decided to install then. Install time depends on the game too! On average, about 10-15mins. Once you install your game. You actually can play the game straight from hard drive w/o your disc, if signed into Live. Also you gotta love having a built in DVR to record your gameplay and upload straight from the One. You can play games with or w/o the kinect. And can unplug the kinect if you feel creeped out by it!?! The system comes with 1 controller (batteries included),1 headset, HDMI cable,Power supply,kinect, and 2 weeks of free Gold on Live. You can control your system by voice, if you like, via the kinect. You can easily download your 360 profiles from Live and start using it w/ the One.

Battlefield 4 - Xbox One
Battlefield 4 - Xbox One
Offered by DealFisher
123 used & new from $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Battlefield 4 is a cool game. But could use some small adjustments., February 11, 2014
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I just got Battlefied 4 on Xbox One. And I am about 3hrs into it so far (campaign). This game has some great qualities in it. The graphics are really great for a early release on a next gen system. The sound is awesome! The weapons are overall cool. The lighting and water effects are really good! Multiplayer seems like it would be good.....But I've heard it has issues/bugs! But the things I dislike about it are.....The analog sticks sensitivity. They are super sensitive to your movement and directioning. There is a sensitivity setting. However, it only adjusts the left stick (walking forward,backward,left,right). It does not seem to have a adjustable sensitivity for looking around with the right stick. The guns seem to have a super recoil to them. Which can be accurate I suppose. I have fired some guns in real life w/ good recoil/kick to them! But it does seem a little over the top with it at times on there. Also, I kinda feel like the story is hard to get into. I mean, I'm only 3hrs into it. But still.....I was quite a bit more enveloped in the story,ect..of COD Ghost when playing that! I think this is a overall good pick up. Maybe try to get it @ a lower than new price.

Nerf Blast-a-Ball 1989
Nerf Blast-a-Ball 1989

5.0 out of 5 stars The grand daddy of Nerf.....Nerf Blast A Ball!!!!!!!, February 9, 2014
This review is from: Nerf Blast-a-Ball 1989 (Toy)
The Nerf Blast A Ball came out in 1989. It was the first Nerf blaster/guns to my knowledge. And came in a pack/box of 2, with 6 balls (3 for each). I still have mine (I only had 1) from back in the ol' days. Still works awesome, & my son thinks they are really cool too! My cousin and I used to literally have crazy wars with these. And back then they seemed so powerful and intimidating, lmao!!! You can load 3 balls in one at a time. And then pull back the handle, & then push forward and watch (and hear) them blast off! Then just repeat that for the other two balls. They have some decent power. And have approx. a max distance of about 30FT. Which was amazing for the time it came out. Accurracy is so-so. Of course better accurracy from close ranges. They are still a lot of fun to use in Nerf wars, or even just shooting targets and other stuff. Nerf balls from more recent Nerf blaster WILL NOT fit in this. So, if you want to find one of these on Ebay,amazon,ect...you will need the balls from this same blaster. I highly recommend this to any Nerf collector, Nerf enthusiest,vintage toy collector,ect....

Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster
Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot Blaster
Offered by XpW
Price: $14.40
43 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hammershot is a great blaster from Nerf's Zombie Strike blasters!!!, February 9, 2014
I just bought my son,girflfriend, & myself some Nerf Zombie Strike blasters. My son chose the Sledgefire. While my girlfriend and I both picked up a Hammershot. The Hammershot is awesome! It has a revolving cylinder, which holds 5 rounds of darts. The darts are a zombie lime green. You must pull back the hammer till it clicks & stays each time before you fire. The cylider does not pop/eject out, like the one's on a Maverik or Strongarm. It is pretty quiet when firing. And it also still packs some decent power for a Nerf pistol blaster. It appears to have a maximum shooting distance of approx. 75 feet. That's if you aim upright, with little to no wind. And doing that don't expect any accurracy. However, this blaster is a overall accurate blaster!!! From about 30FT away, we were able to pick off targets we set up easily!!! It has a tactical rail on the top of it. Which you can infact attach attachments from other blasters. Adding a laser sight,crosshair,scope,ect.....Also, this blaster (as does the Sledgefire, and likely other Zombie Strikes) comes with some cool Zombie Strike stencils. You can use them to sray paint on something. Or, trace the outline and do whatever with them. I am from the old school of Nerf. I still have my Nerf Blast A Ball from the late 80's. And my Nerf Bow N' Arrow from '91. Yet enjoy & buy a lot of the current Nerf blasters with my family. I'd highly recommend this Nerf Zombie Strike Hammershot to anybody that likes Nerf blasters,zombies,ect....And for the price, this is a "killer" deal, lol!

Gymkata
Gymkata
DVD ~ John Barrett
Price: $4.85
41 used & new from $2.98

3.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars from the kid me in the 80's. 3 stars from the current me...., February 9, 2014
This review is from: Gymkata (DVD)
Gymkata is a film that was released in 1985. It is based on a book w/ a different title. In Gymkata, the main character Jonathan (Kurt Thomas) is a Olympic gymnist. He is sought out to go enter a dangerous competetive game/course. This is held in Parmistan. He early on trains w/ a martial artist. And with a guy that makes him train obsticles that will help prepare him. He also meets a princess. They fall for each other just before he proceeds to the competition. The game is actually deadly, and the main advisary of Jonathan's, is a man that is not only pre-arranged to marry the princess. But also intends to overthrow the princess' dad & take over his power! Jonathan uses what he learned from what he trained. And his gymnastic skills to fight for survival,get the girl back, and save her father's life & power. Okay.....So here's my criticism of the film. When I watched it as a kid in the 80's, it was great! It was a new film, it has action, the princess was easy on the eyes,it had ninjas!!!!! So as a kid I really thought it was a great flick! I had forgot the name of the film. I tried to youtube and Google it, but had no luck finding it's title or anything of the film. Yesterday I was @ a Hastings store & was looking for a completely different flick, when I found this. Finally!!!! I thought to myself.....one of those bad a** flicks from my childhood is found. Then I watched it that night. Needless to say....it hasn't aged well in my opinion (With the exception of the princess that is, lol). The acting is a lot cheesier than I remember,the action at times is choppy.....you can see the cut and paste editing of the scenes/takes,the story is just kinda so-so. Overall this movie made me question what exactly I found so amazing about this flick!?! I mean, yeah, I still thought the scene with the pummel horse was cool. And it was still cool t see for the nostalgia factor. But aside from that not much else was there like in my youth days. All in all I'd recommend buying this super cheap for the nostalgia factor. And for those that feel they'd still like it as much as they did back in the 80's (or early 90's if you saw it then?). I bought it @ Hastings for like $6.45. And I'm wishing I just remembered the name & got it off amazon for like 65 cents + shipping. At least I would've saved a tiny bit on a film that just doesn't do it for me like it did for the 7yr old me.

Pro Controller U for Wii and Wii U - SNES
Pro Controller U for Wii and Wii U - SNES
Offered by G Dreamer
Price: $31.25
9 used & new from $31.25

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5-4 stars...., December 14, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I picked one of these up @ Gamestop last night for $29.99. I was excited to get it, cause I only had. A gamepad for my Wii U (and some Wii controllers, but I don't like using those on the Wii U). So after picking up a few more games, I decided I really need a second controller. This controller looks great! It has a SNES look to it, which I love! The controller feels like it is overall well manufactured. It's very, very light, yet solid material. And this controller fits so comfortable in your hands. Has great gripping. The way the analog sticks are designed work great. The buttons & D-pad seem fine on my controller. I've read others having some minor criticism about those on theirs. It has a built in battery, which holds a very long charge! Comes with a farely lengthy USB to plug it in for charging. On the back/bottom of the controller are two switches. The switches allow you to make this controller play like a Wii U Pro Controller. Or like a Wii Controller. Also allowing you to choose a way to use it for motion. On the top/front of the controller, it has 2 small speakers built it. As well as a - & + button. A home button, and start & select in the area that is much like an SNES controller. What little I've played with this controller so far I overall am very satisfied! However......When Playing COD Ghost with it, the button layout is not the same as with the gamepad. And you can't adjust the layout either. I don't know if this is just with COD Ghost. And if this same issue happens with the Wii U Pro Controller? But it might very well be just a feature not available on the game its self. So for playing Ghost I choose the gamepad over this barely. But if your not using a gamepad, this is a close second! I just prefer the layout with the gamepad. On the gamepad, B is reload,A is switch weapons, Y is crouch, X is jump. On this controller....Y is reload, B jumps, A crouches, and D-pad switches weapons. Don't let the different layout on COD Ghost keep you from checking out or getting this controller. It is a great 3rd party controller to add to your Wii U (or even Wii) .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14