Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Dusty White > Reviews

Browse

Dusty White's Profile

Customer Reviews: 465

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dusty White "author of Advanced Tarot Secrets and The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot—EVER!!" RSS Feed (Santa Cruz, CA, United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Perfect Stix Neon20-200ct Long Straight Neon Straws, 20" Length (Pack of 200)
Perfect Stix Neon20-200ct Long Straight Neon Straws, 20" Length (Pack of 200)
Price: $19.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Well it *is* a restaurant-quality straw . . ., March 1, 2016
Oh my god I love these!

But they are HUGE. I really should have thought about just how long 20" is before I ordered them. I ordered a Bubba mug (the gallon sized one basically) and thought "I need the biggest straw in the world!" (Oops!) Well, these are huge. They are not bendy straws. They are straight and kinda thick -- not at all cheaply made. None have split on me yet. I just cut them down to size (I have 200 of them after all), and they work fine. These remind me of the old fashioned MacDonald straws (back when those were actually good straws), except for the color of course. These have no flavor or smell to them (unlike some plastic straws I have tried). They are perfect (as the name says) but 20" is a ridiculously long straw. I will buy smaller next time.

SPRI Thumblock Wrist Weight Set, 4 lbs
SPRI Thumblock Wrist Weight Set, 4 lbs
Price: $14.98
3 used & new from $13.48

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT quality - size is . . . debatable., March 1, 2016
Okay, so I bought these as an assistive to getting more out of my exercise (being an author means sitting around a lot -- I need all of the assistance I can get). They fit well unless you have monster sized wrists. I think they should say in the description the exact length and wrist sizes they fit. I am no expert on that so I can only say "keep the receipt." Why I love these enough to give a review is that they are super well-made. The stitching on them is top-notch professional. These are made for athletes (and people like me who wish they were). The thumb hole is genius. It keeps the wrist band from sliding up and down your arm.

These are really fat. That comes from the 2 pounds of sand of course, but it feels like I am wearing puffy lead donuts around my wrists. They are not so much heavy as they are "meaty" and will test your stamina and endurance after 15 minutes of wearing these. They are made of neoprene (the stuff they use for wetsuits). I have never heard of this company but if this is indicative of their products then this is a very good sign of their quality. Keep in mind that if you are a "big man" these may be too small for you. They fit me "okay" but they would fit a woman with average to large sized wrists, or a smaller man a LOT better.

RELPER 2 in 1 Lightning Connector and Micro-USB Charge Sync Data Cable (Red)
RELPER 2 in 1 Lightning Connector and Micro-USB Charge Sync Data Cable (Red)
Offered by RELPER

5.0 out of 5 stars One cable to rule them all (no-really; why did it take so long to invent this?), March 1, 2016
Yes, yes, and YES! Finally ONE CORD for both Android and Apple products.

I have so many charging cables I should be on a reality TV show for hoarders. Screw that! I like this one because it is retractable, sturdy, and it works with either Apple or (everything else basically). And it is red (easy to find since everything else is black). There really isn't a lot to say about this. It works. It fits in a purse, pocket, or (laptop) sleeve. To use the mini-USB tip you just slide it back to reveal it and then slide out as much (red) cable as you like. NOTHING DETACHES. Unlike other cables I have tried there is no way to lose a tip because nothing detaches. That is why it gets 5 instead of 4 stars. I got this one free to test and report on. It passed the test. I will be dumping the other cables. Does anyone want a ton of single-product cables?

SHJQ Men's Long Sleeve Tshirt Unique Draymond Green 23# Golden State Warrior Black Size XL
Offered by Toonper
Price: $15.51
5 used & new from $14.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Read the description carefully. It looks sturdier than it is., March 1, 2016
It's okay. This was the first "23" attire I got. It feels thin and cheap, despite the cost. It is stretchy. I wonder if it is spandex (I don;t own any spandex). It's okay -- not a bad shirt. I just thought it would be a thicker shirt and made of cotton.

RELPER 20CM Bracelet Style Cord TPE Flat 8 Pin USB Data Charger Lightning Cable for iPhone 6 iPhone 5 iPhone5S iPhone5c iPad Nano (black)
Offered by RELPER
Price: $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for connecting your iPhone/Pad/Pod to a charger without a long/bulky cord., March 1, 2016
I was asked to test and review this (so I got mine free) and I have to say that I really like it BUT . . .

It is a SMALL bracelet. I don't wear bracelets but I tried it on. It might fit your hand if you have narrow wrists, or if you are female. The metal band you can see in the product shot is blue on the outside (for some reason) and I find it annoying and unsightly. Literally I deducted a star from this review just because that metal strip is a useless P.o.S. Why this thing is so awesome however can only be truly fathomed by the frustration of using a standard Apple (or knockoff) lightning plug cord with an external battery. I buy external batteries all of the time. It's an addiction. I like having my electronics charged BUT you have to attach a 2-3' long cord and that becomes a PitA immediately, and is an everyday thing. This is a mini-cord. It is just long enough to fit into your external battery/charger and your iWhatever. Blam. No muss--no fuss. And no more wrapping the 2-3' Apple cord around your charger or phone. This is a simple device. It won't change history, but it is one of those GENIUS little devices that makes the day that much nicer and less stressful. Totally worth it.

Extension Power Cable - 1-Foot, UL Listed CSA Approved, 5-Pack
Extension Power Cable - 1-Foot, UL Listed CSA Approved, 5-Pack
Offered by CTE Market
Price: $12.99
9 used & new from $10.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A household/workshop necessity, March 1, 2016
This one is a no-brainer. Everyone should have a set and they totally rock. They are industrial strength extension cords, but they are shorties. The reason these have value is that powerstrips are ubiquitous to the modern world (they are everywhere) and yet too many devices have gigantic plugs that hog up one and a half slots, so you end up having to choose what gets plugged in, or shuffle cords. These are cheap (inexpensive) but well-made (not "el cheapo") solutions to this exact problem. I only wish I had bought more. I probably will the next time I am fighting with an oversized plug that dominates my powerstrip.

Best Manual Can Opener By Mello - With Ergonomic, Soft Handle - High Quality, Durable Wheel for a Smooth, Extra Safe Side Cut - Professional Kitchen Accessory with Sharp Cutter for Fast Lid Lift
Offered by Mello.Kits
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, but it is weird using this type of can opener., February 29, 2016
This is slightly better than the can opener we *just bought* at Safeway (national supermarket) last week. I was offered a chance to review this and I thought "Great! where were you a week ago?" But I have a different brand to compare it against head to head. This one comes with a hole in the end, which actually comes in handy if you want to hang it on a hook. It is little things like that, that make this a superior product. Now, against the other (no name $17) can opener that was almost identical (slightly fatter handle, but otherwise the same basic instrument) this held up nicely. It does its job.

NOW FOR MY COMPLAINTS: I am used to the old fashioned "squeeze type" can openers. You can get a grip on them and you can see that they are working. This new type is a bit strange to me, so I am unsettled by the thought that the can will not open. I am "old" so that is probably the cause. Also: While there *is* a learning curve on using thus type of can opener, this thing works fine on normal sized cans, but tonight I tried to open a can of tomato paste (the small, narrow 6 ounce can), and I think the lip on those is a bit taller, because I had to fight with this thing for 2-3 minutes just to get it to "bite" so I could open the can. I seriously thought for a few minutes that this would not work.

All in all it is a "good" (not "OH MY GOD AMAZING!") product. It is well made, and considering the design is the new standard there is not a lot of room for variation that I can see. It is sturdy and it does its job, once you figure out how to use it. I will be practicing with mine for quite a while.

Silicon Valley: Season 1
Silicon Valley: Season 1
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoiler-free review: If you like computers at all (and raunchy comedy) you will like this show, February 7, 2016
OMFG I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Being a Hollywood brat and a computer nerd since high school, and finally moving to "just over the hill from SV" I like to think that I have a solid grasp on how great this show is. It is like Betas (the failed Amazon show) but cooler, grittier, and darker. The main character is super annoying, but that is just acting brilliance. Great characters, great plot lines. It almost feels like a reality show. Very funny, crude, asinine, and spot-on "what it is like to live in a start-up in a boomtown." The "extra characters" (the Silicon Valley execs that come and go in this show) are so real I could almost name the people they were inspired by. This show is television done right. It feels enough like reality to be believable, but scripted enough to be highly entertaining.

Okay, so what is this show about? It is about a start-up, and all of the hell that entails. It is set in Silicon Valley, and so we have a huge cast of SV types that serve as the backdrop for our five main characters. It is a nice blend of episodic storyline meets soap-opera. There are entire seasons of continuity and cross-season continuity, but also "flavor of the week" storylines. Unlike Betas, this is not at all camp; it is brutal and hilarious. I have watched the first two seasons and I can't wait to see how this expands. If you watch the first three episodes you will have a fell of the series (tone and pace). The humor only gets better over time by the way, and you may end up liking characters later in the series you hate at first.

Amazon.com $500 Gift Card in a Mini Amazon Shipping Box (Classic White Card Design)
Price: $500.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, something done right, February 7, 2016
This was cute. The $500 part is a variable. You can probably get one for less. In fact, I think I got a $500 one for me and a $50 one for a friend. The real selling point of this is the heavy duty "real life" Amazon box the gift card comes in. I still have the mini Amazon box because it is just too cute to toss out, and it could be used to mail a gift card (it is a sturdy box). If you have to get an Amazon gift card, this is the one I recommend. I know that you won't be disappointed.

WeCharger Ultra-Compact Portable MacBook Car Charger 45W 60W 85W Super High Speed for Apple MacBook Air / Pro / Retina Display with MagSafe 2 Connector
Offered by We-Do
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This should have come with the $2000 MacBook I bought!, February 7, 2016
Oh hell yes! Charge my Macbook in my car?

Why didn't my MacBook come with one of these? This was the best 30 bucks I have spent all year. Note that it has a Mag-safe two adapter (late-2013 MacBook Pro Retina). It works and it does nothing else really. The charging speed is really dependent on your car battery and so on. This is just a handy cable. A must have for road journalists, authors, and anyone with a MacBook (that uses a MS-2 adapter) who needs to break free of the house, but wants their laptop charged instead of paying the "find a wall outlet" game at Starbucks.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20