Profile for Jeffery L. Bunnell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jeffery L. Bunnell "jbfly" RSS Feed (Sunnyvale, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2
My Big Fat Greek Diet: How a 467-Pound Physician Hit His Ideal Weight and How You Can Too
by Nick Yphantides
157 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, someone who lost a lot WITHOUT surgery..., July 1, 2005
Great book, very down-to-earth and also very funny at times. Dr. Nick has LIVED many of the fat jokes that we have all heard. Most of us can relate, so its even more inspiring to take off the weight.

As many reviewers have noted, this is NOT a traditional diet book filled with recipies, calorie counting or even excercise techniques. I think Dr. Nick realizes that by the time you've gotten his book, you already can cook low-fat or fill out a diet journal. For those truly overweight (as Dr. Nick was) a radical approach is presented: Liquid protein (a la EAS or MetRX etc) shakes. To me it sounded logical since Oprah did it back in '88 the same way (weigh?). She looked great, but couldn't keep it off. In his book, Dr. Nick addresses how he is now maintaining the weight with intelligent food choices and excercise. For myself, I have always said "give me a chance; once I have it off, I'll keep it off". I just have always been looking for a way to take it off.

Dr. Nick starts his journey in April and ends in Oct/Nov. of the same year, losing over 260 pounds. WOW! Since he is a baseball fan, he decides to go visit various ballparks across the country. He has taken pictures at each ball park to show us the progress of his weightloss. As a baseball fan, I actually wish he had actually given us a mini-review of each ballgame/ballpark maybe in a separate section of the book. Maybe he can add that to his website, [...]

Anyway, anyone who is looking to just get down to a manageable level to take back control of their bodies, I heartily recommend this book. At 39, I am far too young to feel this old. Anyone that feels the same way should check out this book. Go to his website and take a look. Just Dr. Nick was enough to inspire me. On his website, Dr. Nick has about 60 people (myself included) that are documenting their progress. Take a moment and check it out. BUY THIS BOOK! Thanks Dr. Nick.

Back in the U.S. Live 2002
Back in the U.S. Live 2002
Offered by MediaNett
Price: $24.48
117 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars As Good As The Tour!!!!, November 26, 2002
I am very pleased with this cd. After cringing thru "Tripping The Live Fantastic" and "Paul Is Live", finally we are blessed with a live recording that McCartney fans can be proud of. I saw him twice on this tour and this is really how he sounded folks. If you missed it, you missed his greatest live vocals since the Wings Over America tour. It would be 5 stars, but there are NO spoken intros or any comments between songs which sort of makes it seem fake at times. Also, since the total time of both discs add up to less than 2 hrs, it would have been nice to have included the songs from the 2nd leg of the tour as well since that was the true "Back In The US" tour. (Michelle, She's Leaving Home, and Let 'Em In). Another problem is in the booklet: Obviously the songs were recorded in different cities, but there is nothing that says what song came from where. Thankfully these are just minor complaints. Buy this CD and enjoy some great music.

TEAC CDR Recordable Media 8X Spindle 80 Min (50-Pack)
TEAC CDR Recordable Media 8X Spindle 80 Min (50-Pack)

1.0 out of 5 stars These are horrible!!!!, February 16, 2002
I purchased a spool of these last month and have had nothing but problems. The top 3 on the spool wouldn't even register as "blank media" in my burner. I tried to return them, but was told (retailer issue) that they don't return opened blank media (floppies, vhs, cassette, cdrs,) etc. I emailed the company and decided to try one out of the middle of the spool. Success! It worked. However, 20 discs later, I have had about 7 that have turned out badly; basically static that makes the music unlistenable. I tried it on different players with the same result (and I'm burning @ 2x). I tried a different brand (smart and friendly) and had no problems. In regards to the customer service, I was just told (also) to try one from the middle of the spool and/or try different cd burner software. I kept up this communication with them for over a week, and they never once offered to either replace them or refund my money. I WILL NEVER BUY THESE AGAIN!

Page: 1 | 2