Profile for oldtimerocker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 155

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"oldtimerocker" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Almost There
Almost There
Offered by the_music_store
Price: $5.77
32 used & new from $0.18

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome CD, September 18, 2001
This review is from: Almost There (Audio CD)
These guys make such nice music. The main review mentioned "I Can Only Imagine" and while that is a very good, this CD is packed with them. "Bless Me Indeed" is based on the prayer of Jabez and reminds us just how powerful our God really is. This is a must purchase for anyone who likes a variety in their music.

Offered by manhattan_media_mart
Price: $8.48
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT Praise and worship album., July 21, 2001
This review is from: SonicPraise (Audio CD)
With only one album under its belt, you would think Sonicflood really didn't have much to put out a live album. If that is your thought, then you are wrong. Sure, songs from the debut pop up. But, the feel of this concert is truely awesome. And, those songs from the first album really hit hard on this one. These guys are so sincere in their worship and it shows. Fans of Bill Gaither may think it awful to call this kind of music praise music. But, God knows their heart and that is good enough for me. Praise on Sonicflood.

Offered by manhattan_media_mart
Price: $8.48
92 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT Praise and worship album., July 21, 2001
This review is from: SonicPraise (Audio CD)

Evolution
Evolution
47 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars This album rocks!, June 20, 2001
This review is from: Evolution (Audio CD)
This is the first Geoff Moore album I purchased and is still my favorite. Why Should The Devil Have All The Good Music says it all...This is rock with a Christian attitude. I recently saw him since he broke off from the Distance. He was good, but nothing like what is heard on this album.

Jill Phillips
Jill Phillips
Offered by Collide Records
Price: $5.99
48 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound., June 20, 2001
This review is from: Jill Phillips (Audio CD)
I like the folk feel of this album. Jill also has a nice voice that lends to that style of music. I am looking forward to more albums from her.

Arise My Love: The Very Best of Newsong
Arise My Love: The Very Best of Newsong
Offered by brandnewgoodsus
Price: $12.42
52 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A great best of., June 20, 2001
I first heard Arise My Love when the choir of my church sang it in an Easter pageant. The song struck a chord wih me that I never forgot. This CD also has Can't Keep A Good Man Down. It is also one of my favorites by them. These guys have great harmonies and they do many different styles of Christian music. They are very good and inspire me probably more than any other group or singer.

Paperback Songs: Classic Rock: Melody Line, Chords and Lyric for Keyboard, Guitar, Vocal
by Hal Leonard Corp.
Price: $7.19
60 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great., June 19, 2001
I bought this book and a couple of others so that I could learn a few songs. When I played with the CD's the chords on some of the songs just didn't match. It is not that accurate and if you can the songs you want to learn elsewhere, I would suggest that over this book. Some of the songs are pretty accurate, that is why I gave it the three stars.

Love In Vain: A Vision Of Robert Johnson
Love In Vain: A Vision Of Robert Johnson
by Alan Greenberg
32 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad book, just not the place to start., June 19, 2001
Any author who tries to su up the life of Robert Johnson is going to have a hard time. The life of this man is a mystery beyond belief. The one thing that stands out is the music. I really feel that owning Johnson music is better than any book. Pick up the two CD set that has the booklet. Read that booklet and then put the CD's in and get ready for an experience this book can not give you. This book is good after you have done this. The music helps explain things a little more.

Sheltering Tree
Sheltering Tree
Offered by MediaWarehouseUSA
Price: $13.95
75 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most inspiring CD's I own!, June 19, 2001
This review is from: Sheltering Tree (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for two songs, Wonderful One and Red Letter Day. Little did I know that this CD is so full of great music that I would listen to it constantly. It was a couple of other albums that got me interested in Newsong and this by far is better than the ones that introduced me to the band. If you are looking for a praise CD and one that will also lift your spirits, this is one to own. I take it with me almost constantly. I listen to it at work, in my car and at home. It is that good.

Best of Bill Black's Combo - The Hi Records Years
Best of Bill Black's Combo - The Hi Records Years
23 used & new from $4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid music from a master., June 6, 2001
Bill Black took the sounds of the day and gave it his own twist. With Black on bass and a guitar and drum, the bottom was filled out and the saxaphones and organ took over from there to create a sound that was different than anything else released at the time. This particular album shoes his versatility, from upbeat rockers to slower ballads. I recommend the individual albums, but this is a great starter.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16