Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Deradoorian $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
Profile for Chris Kennison > Reviews

Browse

Chris Kennison's Profile

Customer Reviews: 608

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Kennison RSS Feed (Jefferson City, Mo United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Axe 3 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner + Body Wash, Total Fresh 22 ounce
Axe 3 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner + Body Wash, Total Fresh 22 ounce
Price: $9.69
4 used & new from $9.69

5.0 out of 5 stars SHAMBODITIONER, August 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an excellent product that covers all the bases nicely for a decent price. It's a nice big bottle as well and you don't need a whole lot of soap to do the task at hand with each dispense, so it should last for a good while. I also like the combined aspects of shampoo+condition+body wash. I mean, who wants to buy three different formulas and deal with all that switcheroo when you're trying to a shower or bath? Combining things into one source is the way of the world these days, so why not shampoo. It's all in one bottle and it's a time and money saver. You can't and won't go wrong.

Star Wars: Dark Disciple
Star Wars: Dark Disciple
by Christie Golden
Price: $18.73
68 used & new from $11.92

4.0 out of 5 stars UNTOLD STORIES of the STAR WARS universe, August 6, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Written by George Lucas' daughter Katie Lucas, "Star Wars: Dark Disciple" obviously comes from a legit source of the Star Wars universe. Originally, this story was intended to be a episodic series of the "Clone Wars" animated television show, so much of the writing and the characters involved are ones you will be familiar with if you are a fan of Star Wars and more importantly the Clone Wars animated television show (which compared to the new movies are measurably better entertainment).

Jedi Knight Quinlan Vos and Ventress, a former sith who went the boba fett route in life, team up to assassinate Count Dooku. That's basically the gist of the story without giving anything away. I appreciate these type stories in the Star Wars universe because it takes us outside of the typical Obiwan, Anakin, Yoda story archs and broadens the Tolkienish universe to new heights. Regardless of what you think about the Star Wars universe, it is an amazing collection of imagination and depth.

This story has its ups and downs when it gets sort of draggy in parts. You can tell that there was a story in mind that was supposed to fill an episode or three in a television show that got cancelled and much of what is written had to be lengthened and elaborated upon. The writing done here by Christie Golden and Katie Lucas is genuine and colorful enough though. Having watched the movies and most of the television series to date, the visuals are easily painted and the voices are easily relatable. You can't go wrong with an inside source on the untold stories of the Star Wars Universe.

Pixels (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + UltraViolet)
Pixels (3D Blu-ray + Blu-ray + UltraViolet)
Price: $26.99

3.0 out of 5 stars RUN OF THE MILL screenplay, AWESOME EFFECTS, July 29, 2015
Was I entertained? You bet. Did I have fun? Did my son have fun? You bet. Did the movie stick with me afterward? No. Not really. Did my son and I have anything to talk about afterward? No. Not really. Although my son did make a Q*bert mask out of paper and scotch tape.

This is a strange movie to review because I can honestly say that I enjoyed the movie, but given the richness of possibilities that this movie possessed and the amazing job done on visual effects, the rest of the movie in my opinion sort of fell flat. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't outstanding either. The script was completely forgettable and predictable. The movie starts off with a period in time where our three adult leads were teenagers being introduced to the quarter-arcade craze and of course, Sandler's character, Brenner, is the super stud of gaming. After all, it is his movie studio that produced the movie, so it's only natural. I won't give what little there is away, but everything that will come to fruition in the movie is foreshadowed in this opening sequence from 1989.

The laughs are sometimes outstanding but for the most part ineffective. A line from Peter Dinklage's character Eddie about Martha Stewart and Serena Williams made me laugh out loud and for a good minute or so. Sandler played his part too much like Schwarzenegger instead of the goofball that he should have and the effects and premise deserved a better screenplay. Otherwise, this is a fun video rental movie that make for a fun night at home, but I won't go beyond that.

Space Dumplins
Space Dumplins
by Craig Thompson
Price: $11.18
44 used & new from $8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars OOZING with imagination, July 29, 2015
This review is from: Space Dumplins (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my kind of thing and definitely would have been my kind of thing when I was in the intended age range (9-13). While some of its more complicated premises may be a little more difficult for the younger of the age range to wrap their minds around, they'll come around. Fortunately, the writer was intelligent enough to keep things relatable for everybody.

Violet is a kind little girl who works for two working class parents who are struggling to make it. The mother, a stylist, and the father, a lumberjack, are thrifty and resourceful. Violet is forced to find new friends when her school is mostly eaten by a large space monster. Her old friends turn out to be not such good friends and making new friends when social class is at a high level of importance proves to be difficult. "Space Dumplins" takes the reader through some crafty ordeals and teaches some valuable lessons about developing and cultivating friendships. Not to mention, there's space monsters, space ships and the animation leaps off the page with creativity.

Love this book and after reading this, would probably buy more.

Majority Rules Card Game
Majority Rules Card Game
Price: $18.11
12 used & new from $12.98

3.0 out of 5 stars BEEN DONE BEFORE, June 29, 2015
This review is from: Majority Rules Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a game that has been done before and I got a group of people together to play this along with other games. After playing some more thought provoking and strategic games we moved onto this one and quite honestly, we were all bored with it after 3 or 4 rounds.

The game consists of thinking up 5 fictional, historical or present people and writing them on a board numbered 1-5 and then you pull questions from a box and then everybody votes as to who of the 5 people listed are most likely to fit the question asked. After playing this for about 2 rounds, one of the players suggested that we should just put the players who were sitting at the table on the board and we all agreed. This would have been more fun and this is also another game that I have had in my possession for years. So, the point of this game is redundant, been done before and not very challenging to begin with.

The game also suggests that you can lobby for your vote, but it also says not to say anything about your vote before you reveal your choice. So, when do you lobby? Ehhh.... It's a good time waster game, but nothing more. Not all that fun and better games have been done before with the same premise.

Inside Out 3D (3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack + Digital Copy)
Inside Out 3D (3D Blu-ray/Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack + Digital Copy)
Price: $29.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Sigmund Freud would give two THUMBS UP, June 22, 2015
Rare is the movie that entertains children, makes them laugh and makes them think at the same time. Rare as well is the movie with such an amazing concept that is likewise delivered with amazing writing and production. "Inside Out" is that movie. The writing team of Pete Docter, Ronaldo Del Carmen, Meg LaFauve and Josh Cooley have taken a brilliant concept and put it together so masterfully, it'll have you thinking for days about the smallest of nuances in the movie, much less the big impact ones that are in your face.

The concept of the movie involves a little girl named Riley who's family is having to pack up and move to San Francisco from Minnesota, leaving all of her friends and memories behind. Inside her head and pretty much everybody else's heads as well are 5 entities: Joy, Anger, Fear, Sadness and Disgust. As Riley goes through this life changing ordeal, the entities wrestle with each other over the emotions of the day and the memories of the past. I won't say anymore and like me, you'll be itching to talk to people who have actually seen the thing so that you can talk to them about it. So far, I've yet to meet that someone in person.

What I will say though, is that the movie, not unlike "UP" and "Toy Story 2-3", will challenge your composure in the presence of others. If you don't want your date, friend or child to see you crying, then you should avoid. Although, if you are one of these people, maybe you should see the movie and think about the message that it delivers.

After watching the movie you will want to watch it again and think about everything that goes on in the movie and how cool the writers have made this thing. It would be fun to talk to an actual psychologist and see how accurate everything seems to be. As sadness just willy-nilly runs her hands along all the little golden memory balls, turning happy memories into sad ones or those same memories lose their color and two little workers come along and suck them up into a memory dump vacuum. Brilliant. Just brilliant. This is just scratching the surface. I can't wait to watch this movie again. I can't wait to own this 3D bluray and cry in the privacy of my own home.

Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Offered by Nova Usa
Price: $21.38
71 used & new from $17.75

3.0 out of 5 stars SMALL CAP COOL PLANE, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sort of a cool and sturdy design to this toy, but it is somewhat limited. The Captain America figure and his motorcycle attach to a lever in the underneath hatch and then the hatch is released and the bike is released by hitting to prongs on the back tail of the plane simultaneously. The motorcycle comes flying out of the plane, but it is up to the child to make sure the bike lands like the movies and/or rolls like the movies because basically it just comes out like a projectile.

The Captain America figurine is sort of small, but he does come off the bike and can sit inside the plane as well. He is always in that "I'm riding a motorcycle" pose though. There are enough seats in there for all the Avengers, but we don't have those figures and the figures we did have were small, but not small enough.

The plane is pretty cool though. It has a nice sturdy design and should last a long long time.

Quartet Dry Erase Sheets, Anywhere, 15 Sheet Roll (85563)
Quartet Dry Erase Sheets, Anywhere, 15 Sheet Roll (85563)
Price: $32.41
11 used & new from $22.64

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME for a meeting on the go or a small business owner like me, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a cool product and I have quickly put this to use with my personal business. The product lists as something you can use for meetings anywhere, but I have used it as an ongoing reminder of what productions I've done and what I'm working on and what I'm done with. I have a small video production business and I do a lot of projects that make varying amounts of money. I record events, edit them and create dvds for my clients. I attached the dry-erase sheet to my wall and l listed out all the projects I've shot and columned them out into priority and non-priority and I can everyday see where I'm at, what I'm done with and what is next. I figured that the sheet would only stay up on the wall for a few hours, based on the product description, but it has been up on my wall for days and is still up there, showing no signs of falling. Everyday I go draw a line through finished products and add new ones to the list.

DII Elegant Modern Lattice Lace 100% Polyester Machine Washable Shower Curtain 72x72", Eggplant
Price: $14.99
2 used & new from $11.16

5.0 out of 5 stars WASHABLE AND NICE, June 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love this product. It has a great price and I love the material. You can easily take it down and wash it periodically. This doesn't come with curtain rings, but those can easily be purchased for a decent price. I actually like the darker color of this as well and it adds some class to my bathroom. I'm a single adult male and there is nothing about this product that is overly feminine. On the contrary, female guests in your house look at it and say, "eww... I like this. I'd like to use that." in which you reply, "You can. You certainly can." wink wink

Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Offered by Beauty Collection
Price: $82.00
2 used & new from $82.00

4.0 out of 5 stars IS IT WORTH THE PRICE?, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, as is with most things that actually are of some form of quality or aren't watered down, chemicalized or whatever they do to stuff that poor people can afford to buy, this product is priced for the celebrity in your family. You know, that aging diva who used to be in the bikini movies back in the 80s and then as she got older and wasn't all that cute anymore, the roles dried up, but that didn't stop her from trying desperately to return herself to the glory days, to defy the gods and look like she did when she was 20 again. She'd pay for the botox, but then she saw pictures of Joan Rivers, Jocelyn Wildenstein, Courtney Cox, Heidi Montag, Priscilla Presley and others before she broke down in tears, hopeless to defy the gods. Then somebody said, "Have you tried Nia?"

Well, Nia isn't going to defy the gods, but it's a nice simple product that I can tell worked a little bit of magic on some wrinkles around my eyes after just a few days and I'm a guy. There's no reason why a guy can't use this product. I'm sure Mickey Rourke would have loved to have tried some of this stuff before doing the whatever the heck he did to himself treatment. Now, he's relegated to playing beaten up bad guys and monsters in his movies.

Of course this product works, but if you're like me and raising a child on a typical American pathetically low single income then you won't be curing your wrinkles anytime soon. Just deal with it or pay for it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20