Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Profile for Christopher Kennison > Reviews

Browse

Christopher Kenn...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 639

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher Kennison RSS Feed (Jefferson City, Mo United States)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Point Break (2015)
Point Break (2015)
DVD ~ Édgar Ramírez
Price: $9.99
52 used & new from $1.94

2.0 out of 5 stars STORYTELLERS are extinct in hollywood, June 22, 2016
This review is from: Point Break (2015) (DVD)
Another hollywood golden ticket gone to waste as the director and writers of this movie have no idea how to tell a compelling story. My distaste for this film has nothing to do with the original. I popped this in hoping to enjoy it and completely forgot about the original. Although, what I do know is that the original had tact and it actually developed from scene to scene. Within, minutes, we already have Utah giving his theory as to who the culprits of these heists are. No tact. No nothing. Just here it is. No time to waste. We have dozens of over-zealous, boring to watch, extreme sports to film with gigantic sweeping camera scenes to shoot.

These films actually anger me because it is becoming an epidemic in Hollywood with people who were handed the reigns to these movies not having the simplest knowledge of how to compel an audience. They just knew the right people and had the right connections. Storytellers are a dying breed in hollywood

Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 7 [5 Discs] [Region 4]
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 7 [5 Discs] [Region 4]
Offered by OZeShopping
Price: $50.98
2 used & new from $47.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Region 4 PAL!!, June 13, 2016
Region 4 PAL!! I have everything Hitchcock; even his silent films from his early days in the UK. I haven't missed a single film. I have them all. I have 6 seasons of Alfred Hitchcock Presents.... and now..... REGION 4 PAL!! Why do the people who release these things insist on disappointing everyone? It never fails.

Ortho Weed B Gon Chickweed, Clover and Oxalis Killer for Lawn Concentrate, 16-Ounce
Price: $9.97
15 used & new from $7.92

4.0 out of 5 stars FOR SMALL WEED PROBLEMS, May 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Still trying to determine how good this product is, but it certainly, in the least browned the clover and such where I sprayed. I was a little confused at first as to how much to use on how much footage. The instructions on the label say something about a tablespoon and I'm like, "Have they seen my yard?" When I mow the yard, I tell people that I mowed my weeds. I had a contract with a lawn care service that I had to cancel because money was tight and weeks later my yard exploded with everything from basic clover and dandelion to exotic stuff only found in Beijing.

I think maybe I need a bigger supply. This is a safe product to buy if you have a few spots of weeds or weeds around your driveway, but for a problem like mine, you need much much more and possibly a flame-thrower.

CamelBak Chute Vacuum Insulated Stainless Water Bottle, 20 oz, Jet
CamelBak Chute Vacuum Insulated Stainless Water Bottle, 20 oz, Jet
Price: $20.99
5 used & new from $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars PRICEY but QUALITY, May 11, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a quality made product. Holds a lot of liquid (20oz) and is firmly made. I like the twist off cap fits into the lip you see in the picture. The cap folds back and twists into the groove. Keeps everything very cold and is made of sturdy material. Now, you just have to decide if you're willing to pay the LARGE price. You can easily get something of this nature somewhere else for way less.... but you'll have to wager if quality is your thing.... or having extra $$'s in your pocket for other things is.

Hot Wheels Track Builder System Stunt Kit Playset
Hot Wheels Track Builder System Stunt Kit Playset
Price: $19.92
24 used & new from $19.92

4.0 out of 5 stars REAL WORLD FUN, April 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, in today's atmosphere of computers, video games and phones that do somersaults if you have the right app for it, getting kids to enjoy the old fashion hot wheels tracks is a challenge in its own. I had this box sitting in my living room for about two weeks and my son kept saying, "we need to check out this Dad." and I'd say, "Yes. We do. Let's do it." Moments later, he would be buried in his cell phone or out the door with a neighbor.

So, eventually we got around to it and I have to say, I thought it was great. When I was a kid, I had the basic orange tracks and trying to keep cars on the track was the challenge of the century with those low low walls. Nowadays, kids have these things that can do stunts and turn corners and be launched by trajectories. So, playing with this thing is like a culmination of my childhood. I remember building my own tracks for my Hot Wheels out of 2x4's and tin sheets. So, I'm glad to see that Hot Wheels has finally gotten creative.

This is relatively easy to put together and can be molded into 4 different stunt modes; each mode requires a different build. The set takes up a very small space and that is a great thing. Thanks Hot Wheels, for continuing to make things that keep kids in the real world instead of the virtual one. This will keep my kid occupied for hopefully hours and hours.

Bionaire Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier with Germ-Fighting UV, BAP536UV
Bionaire Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier with Germ-Fighting UV, BAP536UV
Price: $101.82
3 used & new from $85.00

4.0 out of 5 stars LESS THAN INFORMATIVE MANUAL, April 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I may love this thing, but it's hard to tell with things like this. Is it helping or not? I've had this thing for about two weeks and straight out of the box, it was fantastically easy to get going. I removed the plastic, opened the filter door to make sure everything was kosher there, plugged it in and turned everything on. It has three speeds and depending upon your situation you can run it on high, medium or low. I have it running on high because my situation is a special kind of screwy.

In fact, I have the UV and the ionizer running full blast; at least for now. Is it helping? Again, who knows. This is a terrible time of year for pollen and allergies and I was certainly affected two or three days after installing this thing in my houses main room. Should I blame the bionaire for failing to protect me after 2-days.... ??? I will know after more time if this thing is making a difference.

The instruction manual sort of tells you everything you need to know about WHAT the UV and the ionizer do and that it has three speeds, but what speed should you run it at for your situation? Who knows? It tells you absolutely nothing about when you should or should not run the UV and Ionizer because you can turn them on and off. I would have preferred that the manual give you some tips about where to place it and the best way to run things. The machine blows out air and draws in air, so which way do you face it? Not sure about that either. The ionizer actually outputs something to make the pollen and dander in your air easier to grab by the machine, but what affect does that have on people and how often should you run that? None of this is covered, so with this, you are kind of on your own. Maybe they don't know either.

The higher speed puts out a fan sound in your room that may or may not be annoying. It doesn't bother me that much. I also read somewhere that hospitals use these machines and after running it for a while, I could tell that having this in my house was going to be a good thing. The price isn't bad either.

CobraCo FT-115 Americana Fire Pit
CobraCo FT-115 Americana Fire Pit
Price: $122.96
3 used & new from $70.31

4.0 out of 5 stars SMALL but QUALITY, April 4, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This thing was easy to put together but is really sturdy once done. It comes shipped in parts and you have to attach the legs to the 3 or 4 sort of circular bar pieces that make up the frame. Once that is done (you'll need a Phillips head screwdriver) you can set the pan, grate and lid on top of it and go, go, go. Well, you do have to attach the handle to the lid, but that's nothing. It also comes with a zip-tie cover to protect from the weather elements and I was very pleased with that.

This is not a big fire pit. It is only 30inches and when it says 30inches, it means 30inches. So, this is not a big fancy product or anything but for a small party of 1-4 people, this would make for an excellent and well made fire pit. Suits me just fine. Cut your wood pieces small and have some fun.

Vivon Cocoon Shaped Comfort Foam Modern Accent Furniture Chair, Standard, Charcoal
Price: $119.00

4.0 out of 5 stars STURDY for the most part, February 29, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a surprisingly sturdy and comfy chair. Similar to a memory foam bed, the contents of the chair are sturdy but moldable to your size and shape. Also, it comes vacuum sealed in a zipper bag and once released, it begins to take shape and then you put the removable and washable cover around the body. I didn't wait for the chair to grow to full size before putting on the zip-on cover. I put it on before it sized to its full potential and it was tremendously easy to do. Within minutes the chair was ready to be used.

Apart from the preparation, the chair itself sits on the ground. There are no legs. While it may be low to the ground for some, it isn't that bad and I found it to be actually pretty perfect for my legs and I'm a 6'0" male. This would make a great adult gaming chair, but personally, I removed an ugly looking 1/4 circle couch I had been sitting on that took up too much room (BTW... ugly 1/4 circle couch for sale for real cheap). Whether or not I recommend this chair for a permanent living room furniture addition is up to your own particular personality. It is just fine for my personality.

Downsides, and I think there are some.... it doesn't have a lot of stability from side to side and easily tips over if you try to bend that direction or reach side to side. Although, not having legs is the reason for this and not having legs, has its benefits (portability). Secondly, as I said, I'm a 6'0" 220lb male and the space for my butt could be a little bigger. Honestly, another inch or two of butt space would be perfect. This chair does keep my back straight though. No sloutching. Very comfortable.

I really like this chair. It could have some minor improvements to make it even better, but I completely recommend this product, especially for the adult gamer or a guy who sits and edits videos all day long, like me. It is easy on my back and tailbone, but flexible and balanced.

WORKSHOP Ash Vacuum Cleaner WS0500ASH, 5-Gallon Ash Vac For Fireplaces, Stoves, BBQ Pits; 3.0 Peak Horsepower Ash Vacuum
Offered by BoxofGoldenDeals
Price: $119.94
4 used & new from $119.94

4.0 out of 5 stars POWERFUL HOUSEHOLD TOOL, February 8, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a powerful tool to have and I have enjoyed having it around to clean out my fireplace. Although, it did get clogged quite often my small pieces of wood mixed in with the ash and I had to stop 2 or 3 times to clean the clogs out of the hose. I'm sure this is pretty normal, but I don't know how else to vacuum out ash from my fireplace, unless I went in with my hands and tried to pull out the various chunks of unburnt wood beforehand. The first time I used the thing it overheated on me after it clogged and wouldn't power back up.

I know the cool trend these days is to have filters and gizmos that protect the environment and the air, but keep in mind that these are additional things that you will have to buy on a regular basis in order to operate. Good Vac though.

Peter Pan Live!
Peter Pan Live!
DVD ~ Allison Williams
Price: $9.99
41 used & new from $2.93

1.0 out of 5 stars COMMUNITY THEATER PRODUCTIONS TOP THIS, February 2, 2016
This review is from: Peter Pan Live! (DVD)
Why does this have 4-stars? This was not good. At all. Given, it was the first attempt at such a thing in many many years and I commend them for that, but the bland performance by Christopher Walken could have been topped by anyone from any community theater across the country with a little experience. Dreary singing. What is supposed to be a fantastical adventure that has enlightened and stirred excitement in children for decades, most likely sent any kid watching off to play with something else, put them to sleep or off to watch a different version of the story.

This joyless production of Peter Pan was a flop and has no business with 4-stars. My community theater is getting ready to perform Peter Pan as well and I have no doubt it will capture the joy and imagination that a play of this sort should capture.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20