Profile for Chris Kennison > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 604

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Kennison RSS Feed (Jefferson City, Mo United States)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Majority Rules Card Game
Majority Rules Card Game
Price: $18.51
10 used & new from $13.00

3.0 out of 5 stars BEEN DONE BEFORE, June 29, 2015
This review is from: Majority Rules Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a game that has been done before and I got a group of people together to play this along with other games. After playing some more thought provoking and strategic games we moved onto this one and quite honestly, we were all bored with it after 3 or 4 rounds.

The game consists of thinking up 5 fictional, historical or present people and writing them on a board numbered 1-5 and then you pull questions from a box and then everybody votes as to who of the 5 people listed are most likely to fit the question asked. After playing this for about 2 rounds, one of the players suggested that we should just put the players who were sitting at the table on the board and we all agreed. This would have been more fun and this is also another game that I have had in my possession for years. So, the point of this game is redundant, been done before and not very challenging to begin with.

The game also suggests that you can lobby for your vote, but it also says not to say anything about your vote before you reveal your choice. So, when do you lobby? Ehhh.... It's a good time waster game, but nothing more. Not all that fun and better games have been done before with the same premise.

Inside Out 3D BD Combo Pack [Blu-ray]
Inside Out 3D BD Combo Pack [Blu-ray]
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sigmund Freud would give two THUMBS UP, June 22, 2015
Rare is the movie that entertains children, makes them laugh and makes them think at the same time. Rare as well is the movie with such an amazing concept that is likewise delivered with amazing writing and production. "Inside Out" is that movie. The writing team of Pete Docter, Ronaldo Del Carmen, Meg LaFauve and Josh Cooley have taken a brilliant concept and put it together so masterfully, it'll have you thinking for days about the smallest of nuances in the movie, much less the big impact ones that are in your face.

The concept of the movie involves a little girl named Riley who's family is having to pack up and move to San Francisco from Minnesota, leaving all of her friends and memories behind. Inside her head and pretty much everybody else's heads as well are 5 entities: Joy, Anger, Fear, Sadness and Disgust. As Riley goes through this life changing ordeal, the entities wrestle with each other over the emotions of the day and the memories of the past. I won't say anymore and like me, you'll be itching to talk to people who have actually seen the thing so that you can talk to them about it. So far, I've yet to meet that someone in person.

What I will say though, is that the movie, not unlike "UP" and "Toy Story 2-3", will challenge your composure in the presence of others. If you don't want your date, friend or child to see you crying, then you should avoid. Although, if you are one of these people, maybe you should see the movie and think about the message that it delivers.

After watching the movie you will want to watch it again and think about everything that goes on in the movie and how cool the writers have made this thing. It would be fun to talk to an actual psychologist and see how accurate everything seems to be. As sadness just willy-nilly runs her hands along all the little golden memory balls, turning happy memories into sad ones or those same memories lose their color and two little workers come along and suck them up into a memory dump vacuum. Brilliant. Just brilliant. This is just scratching the surface. I can't wait to watch this movie again. I can't wait to own this 3D bluray and cry in the privacy oh my own home.

Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron Cycle Blast Quinjet Vehicle
Offered by Gaudio Group LLC
Price: $21.99
39 used & new from $21.99

3.0 out of 5 stars SMALL CAP COOL PLANE, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Sort of a cool and sturdy design to this toy, but it is somewhat limited. The Captain America figure and his motorcycle attach to a lever in the underneath hatch and then the hatch is released and the bike is released by hitting to prongs on the back tail of the plane simultaneously. The motorcycle comes flying out of the plane, but it is up to the child to make sure the bike lands like the movies and/or rolls like the movies because basically it just comes out like a projectile.

The Captain America figurine is sort of small, but he does come off the bike and can sit inside the plane as well. He is always in that "I'm riding a motorcycle" pose though. There are enough seats in there for all the Avengers, but we don't have those figures and the figures we did have were small, but not small enough.

The plane is pretty cool though. It has a nice sturdy design and should last a long long time.

Quartet Dry Erase Sheets, Anywhere, 15 Sheet Roll (85563)
Quartet Dry Erase Sheets, Anywhere, 15 Sheet Roll (85563)
Price: $33.05
8 used & new from $23.18

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME for a meeting on the go or a small business owner like me, June 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a cool product and I have quickly put this to use with my personal business. The product lists as something you can use for meetings anywhere, but I have used it as an ongoing reminder of what productions I've done and what I'm working on and what I'm done with. I have a small video production business and I do a lot of projects that make varying amounts of money. I record events, edit them and create dvds for my clients. I attached the dry-erase sheet to my wall and l listed out all the projects I've shot and columned them out into priority and non-priority and I can everyday see where I'm at, what I'm done with and what is next. I figured that the sheet would only stay up on the wall for a few hours, based on the product description, but it has been up on my wall for days and is still up there, showing no signs of falling. Everyday I go draw a line through finished products and add new ones to the list.

DII Elegant Modern Lattice Lace 100% Polyester Machine Washable Shower Curtain 72x72, Eggplant
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WASHABLE AND NICE, June 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really love this product. It has a great price and I love the material. You can easily take it down and wash it periodically. This doesn't come with curtain rings, but those can easily be purchased for a decent price. I actually like the darker color of this as well and it adds some class to my bathroom. I'm a single adult male and there is nothing about this product that is overly feminine. On the contrary, female guests in your house look at it and say, "eww... I like this. I'd like to use that." in which you reply, "You can. You certainly can." wink wink

Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Nia 24 Rapid Exfoliating Serum, 1 fl. oz.
Offered by Beauty Collection
Price: $82.00
2 used & new from $82.00

4.0 out of 5 stars IS IT WORTH THE PRICE?, May 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Well, as is with most things that actually are of some form of quality or aren't watered down, chemicalized or whatever they do to stuff that poor people can afford to buy, this product is priced for the celebrity in your family. You know, that aging diva who used to be in the bikini movies back in the 80s and then as she got older and wasn't all that cute anymore, the roles dried up, but that didn't stop her from trying desperately to return herself to the glory days, to defy the gods and look like she did when she was 20 again. She'd pay for the botox, but then she saw pictures of Joan Rivers, Jocelyn Wildenstein, Courtney Cox, Heidi Montag, Priscilla Presley and others before she broke down in tears, hopeless to defy the gods. Then somebody said, "Have you tried Nia?"

Well, Nia isn't going to defy the gods, but it's a nice simple product that I can tell worked a little bit of magic on some wrinkles around my eyes after just a few days and I'm a guy. There's no reason why a guy can't use this product. I'm sure Mickey Rourke would have loved to have tried some of this stuff before doing the whatever the heck he did to himself treatment. Now, he's relegated to playing beaten up bad guys and monsters in his movies.

Of course this product works, but if you're like me and raising a child on a typical American pathetically low single income then you won't be curing your wrinkles anytime soon. Just deal with it or pay for it.

Extraterrestrial [Blu-ray]
Extraterrestrial [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Brittany Allen
Price: $15.85
26 used & new from $10.77

4.0 out of 5 stars WHEN INDEPENDENT FILMS ARE DONE WELL, May 25, 2015
Don't think that you won't be entertained by this well-done film because you don't know anybody in it and you've seen dozens of movies just like it be absolutely terrible. "Extraterrestrial" does an outstanding job with f/x, sound, cinematography and creature revelation and development. A carload of kids go out into the woods to enjoy some camping and end up fighting for their lives. I know, we've heard that a thousand times but some of those times, an actual really great movie was filmed.

In my humble opinion, 1 in 10 independent films are worth the $1.99 rental fee and finding which one of those 10 are the one can get expensive. I mean, if you watch all 10 then that's $20 you spent on 10 films and wasted 900+ minutes of your life to realize that you too can film a movie with your buddies and a single camcorder. "Extraterrestrial" is one of those ones. It is a good independent film, professionally done and it has a knockout punch that you won't want to miss.

There are many moments in this movie that impressed me greatly. Every single time they gave us a glimpse of what our kids were dealing with was effective and scary; from a flash of light through a sliding glass door, to one standing in the road off in the distance to one standing still moments before lunging with long outstretched arms. There is also an awe-inspiring moment where one of the kids is lifted from the ground by a beam of light and is then violently sucked up into the air all to the thundering and effective musical score which by the end of the film was probably overused a few times.

Bottom line though, "Extraterrestrial" is one of the good ones and is certainly worth a check out, especially if you are a fan of the X-Files or anything like it. In fact, there is even a wink-wink at the end of the film for X-Files fans who may or may not be offended. I was not. I thought it was brilliant. The movie changes courses many times and I more than once checked to see how much was left of the film because many times I was thinking, "What! It's over already? How can they go anywhere else from here?" But they do, so hang in there. Well done.

Just Before I Go
Just Before I Go
DVD ~ Sean William Scott
Price: $12.99
46 used & new from $5.83

4.0 out of 5 stars CRUDE HUMOR mixed with DEPRESSION...?, May 25, 2015
This review is from: Just Before I Go (DVD)
I don't know if this is a 4-star movie or not, but I will wholeheartedly admit that it held my interest the entire time. The very audacity to try to push off something like this on the viewing public quite simply gives me hope that there are still people out there who want to tell unique stories and be different and unsafe. Eggs are meant to be broken and "Just Before I Go" certainly does this.

I mean, who would have the audacity to mix depression and suicide with the filthy degrading humor of "American Pie"? These guys would. Seann William Scott plays Ted Morgan, a guy who is ready to end his life and wants to make amends with all the people he has hurt over the years. Maybe the creators thought that because they had Seann William Scott from "American Pie" that the audience would buy some ridiculously dirty humor like a sleepwalking masturbator or a guy getting aroused in obvious fashion by the female police officer who arrested his brother. That's why I'm not sure if this is a good movie or not because these tactics could possibly be called cheap, tactless or capitalizing, but they worked. I was watching and I was laughing and I was either enjoying what I was watching or fascinated by the strangeness of it all.

"Just Before I Go" is a rude crude thought-provoking movie that will definitely hold your interest in one way or another; mostly because you won't believe what you're watching. The truth is though, there's a lot of reality and heart to the movie. You walk away from the craziness with a lot of thoughts to contemplate and that is its ultimate victory. Life is too complicated to judge it based on past experiences. Life can change on a dime and movies can be multi-faceted.

Pitch Perfect 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL HD)
Pitch Perfect 2 (Blu-ray + DVD + DIGITAL HD)
DVD ~ Anna Kendrick
Price: $19.98

3.0 out of 5 stars LAZY SCREENPLAY for the second time is UNACCEPTABLE, May 25, 2015
Being a fan of the original "Pitch Perfect" I may have been looking forward to this movie as much as any other summer movie. The original had a ho-hum screenplay and some fantastic impromptu music. It had some well-crafted raunchy humor that kept the vanilla screenplay from being too big of a deal and the quality of the music pushed it over the top into cult status thanks to a culture of reality singing shows and shows like "Glee". I'm a typical guy that happens to enjoy all types of movies as long as their done well. I may be as dudeish as the next guy, but I'm also a stage performer and singer. So I'm not afraid to admit that "Pitch Perfect 2" is as much my bag as "Mad Max: Fury Road" was.

Well, despite the fact that there were numerous scenes that had me bursting out laughing, "Pitch Perfect 2" sort of insulted me a bit. You see, the powers behind the "Pitch Perfect" movies had a decision to make and their decision to push forward an almost identical screenplay with an almost identical story arc is a perfect example of movie-makers thinking very little of the people who made them rich the first time around. The fact that they used almost the exact same story outline and just changed the details is just one word.... unacceptable. The movie opens with an embarrassing moment that sets them back, just like the first. The movie inserts freshman Emily (Hailee Steinfeld) who can most easily be described as pretty close to the same character that Anna Kendrick played in the first one, except she is actually gung-ho to be part of the group. There is even a Rip-off competition that is actually about the exact same time in the film as the empty pool rip-off from the first film. Of course, the rest of the film is just about the same except very little time is spent showing the group work through their performance struggles, we are just supposed to assume that a camping retreat fixed pretty much everything.

"Pitch Perfect 2" deserved a better screenplay this time, but people who want money FAST take easy ways out and this is exactly what happened here. I like these characters and I find it hard pressed to not watch the original and not be interested to see what has become of them. Although some of the characters were written so thinly that you don't even know what they are doing in the film, other than they were in the first one. Stacie (Alexis Knapp) and Lilly (Hana Mae Lee) had zero story-lines. I think Stacie had like two lines in the whole film and of course Lilly does her really silent twisted speaking and had some funny moments, but neither girl had any additional insight written in as to who they were. The writers added in Flo (Chrissie Fit), who was a funny addition to the show.

I really wanted to love "Pitch Perfect 2" and I guess I could say that I liked it, but in a very generic and shrug it off way. The creators did themselves no favors by popping the top on the canned screenplay. Apparently this low grade tactic works these days though. It worked with "22 Jump Street", so why not? The audiences don't care that their being handed a pile of 2-hour laziness and making people who would pawn off 2-hours of laziness super wealthy, but I do. I wish they had a Christmas release and spent 6 more months writing a better and more challenging screenplay, but who am I? Millions of teenagers will throw their allowance away like it means nothing to them regardless if we demand some sort of effort from the recipients or not.

DII Oceanique 14-Piece Bathroom Set, Machine Washable, for Everyday Use, Kids, Teens, Includes Shower Curtain, Shower Hooks, and Bath Rug, Pink
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars NICE WASHABLE PRODUCT, May 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a quality product and I like the washable feature to it. This should add to a lot to longevity. It looks very nice in a bathroom and adds a lot of quality to the bathroom as well. The material is different and feels like a better shower curtain. The only downside I would point out would be the open-ended curtain hangars that may be problematic but I guess since it's washable, they made it easier to take it down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20