Profile for tweedydg@tcmc.com > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

tweedydg@tcmc.com RSS Feed (Carlsbad, California)

Street Crazy : America's Mental Health Tragedy
Street Crazy : America's Mental Health Tragedy
by Stephen B. Seager
Price: $14.95
44 used & new from $1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and challenging. It's time to rethink LPS, September 19, 1999
I'm a Psychologist and have devoted my career to working with the chronically mentally ill. Once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. Dr. Seager's passion for the severly chronically mentally ill is absolutely inspiring. His account of the abuse of the mentally is poinient. That is, allowing the most severe of the mentally ill to walk the streets homeless is barbaric. We can and we need to do better. Dr. Seager explains how this all came about while weaving a story of the struggles of his own life.
I highly recommend reading this book. In fact I've purchased more books for collegues and local legislatures.
I want to be a part of this movement toward making drastic changes to our mental health system. It's time for us all to put our heads together and work collaboratively to create a system that makes sense.
Please read this book and share the information and the book with others. We can all make a difference one person at a time.
Dave Tweedy, Ph.D, MFT Director, Behavioral Health Services Tri-City Medical Center TweedyDG@TCMC.COM