Profile for Jon Cverna > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 37

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jon Cverna RSS Feed (Warren, OH)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Big Nate Goes for Broke
Big Nate Goes for Broke
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Nate, the hero, April 9, 2013
A very humorous story of Big Nate besting their rival school. This was better than expected, which would have been a presentation similar to the daily comic strip. The mix of text and cartooning really added to the entertainment. I can't think of how it could've been any better.

OEM 25291 Four Claw Pick Up Tool
OEM 25291 Four Claw Pick Up Tool
Offered by Lizards for Peace Wholesale -- US SELLER
Price: $9.08
2 used & new from $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Grabber, March 5, 2013
I would have considered a five star rating except for the cheapening of the product by the use of flimsy PLASTIC rather than sturdy METAL for the finger trigger. Also, I would have liked the main body to have been stiffer to minimize droop when held horizontal. Outside of that, I find the product to do a decent job for what it is intended.

Native Forest Organic Pineapple Chunks, 14-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)
Native Forest Organic Pineapple Chunks, 14-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)
Price: $20.70
4 used & new from $16.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage pineapple, January 15, 2013
This product was OK for the first few shipments but then I started receiving garbage. There was about 2/3 fruit and 1/3 pineapple core in each can. I decided to try this brand due to similar problems with Dole pineapple, except to a much lesser extent with Dole. After having to spit out out garbage with each bite taken this morning, I just cancelled my upcoming order. This company obviously has very poor quality control of their canned pineapple. They have lost me for good as a customer.

Billy Bites Banana Nut Bread - 3lb Loaf
Billy Bites Banana Nut Bread - 3lb Loaf
Offered by Billy Bites
Price: $22.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Billy Bite Banana Nut Bread, November 4, 2012
This product is so good that I am a repeat customer, having reordered a number of times. Response time is good and the product is always fresh. Amazon.com is a convenient way to order this product.

Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt: Kindle Fire edition
Days of Destruction, Days of Revolt: Kindle Fire edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon LIED about "Days of Destruction .....", August 8, 2012
After reading that this book comes in Kindle format, I purchased it, thinking that I would be able to ready it on my Kindle e-ink e-reader. After receiving this item I find that the ONLY reader that can be used is the Kindle Fire! Fortunately I also own one of those, and so I will read the book there. However, it certainly did not turn out to be what I had expected. I can't even read it on an iPad.
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 2:16 PM PDT

Hummel School Girl Doll and Figurine 125th Anniversary Set
Hummel School Girl Doll and Figurine 125th Anniversary Set

1.0 out of 5 stars NO RESPONSE, December 30, 2010
This seller never delivered on time nor had the decency to respond to any of my e-mails. They should be removed from Amazon in my opinion.

Amazon Kindle 2 eBook Reader / Electronic Reading Device Accessory Replacemen...
Offered by Globalprice
Price: $1.93
8 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable for Kindle, November 15, 2010
This product is advertised as a replacement USB Sync Data Cable. However, as it turns out, the only thing it does is to charge my Kindle. It is useless as a sync data cable. If that is all you want it for, it is fine, but it doesn't live up to how it is advertised.

Since the construction should have been such to allow the cable to function fully (which it doesn't) I have to say that the construction quality is not as it should be. That is why I only give one star for construction.

Amazon let me down on this item.

My advice is to purchase the retractable one that is advertised on Amazon. It works.

Thought Out Stabile 2.0 iPad Stand - Silver
Thought Out Stabile 2.0 iPad Stand - Silver
Offered by THOUGHT OUT Company
Price: $71.99
3 used & new from $60.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stabile Steel iPad stand, July 6, 2010
I have tried other stands which worked but were too easily upset due to their light weight. I finally purchased the Stabile Steel iPad stand from Amazon.com and am very happy with it. I avoided the purchase at first due to it being much more expensive than what I had been using. However, I now have found that it truly was worth the price for me. It is very stable and grips the iPad very well to avoid slipping from the stand even if you tilt it somewhat in moving the stand from place to place. I consider this stand a real winner!

This stand is not only handy for my iPad, but I also get good use of it for supporting my Kindle DX, when I am using it to read e-books.

Placing the stand on a lap desk makes a very convenient, hands-free, combination for viewing the iPad or Kindle while relaxing in my recliner.

A Chance in Hell: The Men Who Triumphed Over Iraq's Deadliest City and Turned the Tide of War
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, June 22, 2010
Once I saw the price I moved on. Plenty of other "fish in the sea" to read. The publisher can sit on it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2010 9:40 PM PDT

Blockade Billy
Blockade Billy
Price: $6.15

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off Amazon.com purchase for the Kindle, April 20, 2010
This review is from: Blockade Billy (Kindle Edition)
Content is good but there is not much of it. For the price charged you end up with much less than anticipated, and that is a big bone of contention. There is no indication as to how large this "book" is until you make the purchase. The term "book" is rather a poor term, since as another reviewer stated, this is more of a short story and should belong in a book as part of a collection of short stories.

It should be interesting to see how the upcoming printed version will sell, since with that the customer will see what he/she is actually getting for the price.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2010 1:07 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4