Profile for The Crusher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 26

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

The Crusher RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MarginMart, Inc. DAZ-HDMI-SW005-01 5-Port Smart HDMI Switch
MarginMart, Inc. DAZ-HDMI-SW005-01 5-Port Smart HDMI Switch
Offered by eDragon, Inc.
Price: $12.89
4 used & new from $11.50

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, just not with all the bells and whistles., June 19, 2014
First, if I had known, I could have saved a few bucks and bought the version without the power supply. This can get power through any of the HDMI ports. I've got a chromecast stick plugged in, which gets its power from the TV's USB port, and the switcher gets all the power it needs from that.

Unfortunately, the "intelligent switching" isn't intelligent enough to realize when my DVR gets turned on, so it can switch over to that, instead of the chromecast stick. So I have to use the remote whenever I want to swap between inputs. But that's okay. For the price, it does what I need it to do.

Samsung 2 Amp Vehicle Car Charger Power Adapter with Detachable Micro USB Charging Cable for Samsung Galaxy S3 mini - Non-Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $16.60
6 used & new from $8.81

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Real Deal, June 19, 2014
I've been burned before buying supposed "OEM" equipment, such a phone batteries, only to end up with knock-off garbage. Not the case here. This is actual, branded Samsung equipment. The cable is identical to the one that came with my Samsung external battery charger. BTW, I don't know why they don't tell you how long the cable is in the product description. It's 4' 9" (145cm).

Price: $16.60
6 used & new from $8.81

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the Real Deal, June 19, 2014
I've been burned before buying supposed "OEM" equipment, such as phone batteries, only to end up with knock-off garbage. Not the case here. This is actual, branded Samsung equipment. The cable is identical to the one that came with my Samsung external battery charger. BTW, I don't know why they don't tell you how long the cable is in the product description. It's 4' 9" (145cm).

Flaxseed Oil 16 fl oz (474 ml) Liquid
Flaxseed Oil 16 fl oz (474 ml) Liquid
Offered by Swanson Health Products
Price: $6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for Cast Iron Seasoning, January 26, 2014
Don't know how it tastes. Didn't care. I bought it because organic flaxseed oil is absolutely the best product to use for seasoning your cast iron pans and skillets. Use a VERY light coating. Put the item in a cool oven, then set it on high and let it bake for several hours, then it fully cool. Repeat at least SIX time. You can do this over a number of days. Flaxseed oil will result in the hardest polymerized surface of any (edible) oil, due to the fact that it's a drying oil, which maximizes fat polymerization.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Replacement Battery (2100 mAh) for AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Models
Offered by MZ Outlet
Price: $9.49
87 used & new from $3.20

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knock-Off, No NFC, September 28, 2013
Battery arrived, looked nothing like my original battery, or the pictures on Amazon. Nowhere does it say it's a Samsung battery. It is not NFC capable, despite what it says on this page. I'm sending it back immediately. I guess they buy these in bulk, and count on enough people not caring that they got a junk product, that they can make a profit. Amazon needs to kick them off the site.

StarTech.com Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B (UUSBHAUB3RA)
StarTech.com Micro USB Cable - A to Right Angle Micro B (UUSBHAUB3RA)
Price: $2.39
49 used & new from $1.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, February 1, 2013
I bought this to provide power to my phone when in my auto mount, which I use in landscape mode. The old configuration caused a sharp bend in the cord, and was probably putting a lot of side pressure on the phone's USB socket. This cord looked like a better solution, and the price was right.

With every USB cord I've bought for this phone (Galaxy S3), excluding the OEM cord, I've had to Dremel off about 1mm of the plug housing on one side, to accommodate the phone's bumper case. I was expecting to have to do that again, but it wasn't necessary. Even with the case on, the plug fit fully and snugly into the socket.

I've read the messages about slow charging. I do take long drives, using the GPS, navigation, bluetoothing audio to the car's speakers, listening to NPR podcasts. So I'll see how it does keeping the phone charged, and update the review with my experiences.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2013 7:36 PM PDT

Olympia Tools 76-506-N12 23-Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
Olympia Tools 76-506-N12 23-Piece Precision Screwdriver Set
Price: $10.82
4 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Pure junk, December 1, 2012
Picked this up in a discount bin at a major electronics chain. I got it because of its low price, and good selection of bits.

As the other reviewer said, the handle looks like it's metal, but is actually plastic. This is for very light work only. The extension bar is completely useless, as it contains no method to hold the bits in place. No magnet, no spring, nothing turns or tightens or slides. You put in a bit, turn it upside down, and the bit just falls out. If you don't use the extension bar, the bits can just fall down inside the hollow plastic handle when you try to insert or remove them.

The only reason I went to this page was to see if there was something missing in my kit, something that would make the extension bar work. Nope. It's just junk.

Miccus Mini-jack RX: Bluetooth Music Receiver pair it with Phones, Tablets, PCs and Apple Devices
Offered by Gadgetsville.
Price: $29.99
7 used & new from $20.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Bumped it up to 5 stars, November 13, 2012
I originally had static when using this with my phone. I got a replacement transmitter (sent fast, and with no hassles) and a replacement phone. Everything works perfectly now. This does exactly what I want it to do. When I start the car, it automatically connects to my phone. If I have an audio player running in the background (like BeyondPod), I don't even have to take the phone out of my pocket. I just click the button, and the audio starts playing. Click again to pause. I turn off the car, and the connection is immediately terminated. I don't even have to think about it.

For car use, you really need to wire it into the fuse block so that it's only hot when the car is turned on (if your lighter sockets aren't already wired that way). That makes everything automatic. Otherwise, you're going to have to manually make the connection every time, which will get tedious fast.

Cimo S-Line Back Flexible Cover TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular) - Black
Offered by Cimo Technologies
Price: $8.93
4 used & new from $5.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect, August 10, 2012
This was just what I was looking for. With the large touch-sensitive screen, and side buttons right where you hold the unit, the Galaxy S3 can be like a kitten that scratches you if you hold it wrong. I was always accidentally changing the volume just by gripping the phone. And with the slick back surface and thin edge, I was afraid it would slip out of my hand. This cover adds extra grip on the back and sides, makes the side button nearly impossible to hit by accident, and recesses the screen to prevent accidental palm presses.

I doesn't show up well in the photos, but the back is actually a two-tone flat black / gloss black, in a sort of stylized S shape. It's a nice design element that adds interest to what would otherwise have been a boring back.

There are only 2 issues that keep it from a full 5 stars. First, on the back, are two tiny holes, with the area between them puckered out slightly. I'm guessing this is for a wrist tether, but I would think that a cord thin enough to thread through the holes will eventually cut through the cover. The downside to this is that the puckered part keeps the phone from lying flat. It rocks a tiny bit.

Second, is that the cover can make many USB plugs unable to make contact. The cord that comes with the phone will work fine, but many others may not. I thought my Kindle cord would fit, but even that was obstructed. I had a bunch of cheap micro USB cords from Frys, and was able to shave about a millimeter off one side of the plug with a Dremel tool, and it's a perfect fit.

Toshiba Satellite M115-S3094 Laptop Battery - Premium TechFuel 12-cell, Li-ion Battery

4.0 out of 5 stars Got Over 2 Years of Use, April 26, 2012
Lithium Ion batteries, by their nature, have a limited lifetime. Even when they're just sitting on a shelf, they're degrading slightly. So buy this with the understanding that if you keep your laptop for more than a few more years, you'll be buying another. I bought this battery back in January of 2010, and 28 months later, it's time a new one. I consider the $2 per month price to be entirely reasonable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3