Profile for Kentucky Rose > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kentucky Rose RSS Feed (Lexington, Kentucky United States)

Heirs and Graces (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
Heirs and Graces (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
by Rhys Bowen
Price: $17.76
95 used & new from $3.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Bowen writes another great novel., September 12, 2013
This is a review of the audible book Heirs and Graces by Rhys Bowen. Bowen is a fantastic author and this book is no exception. Her characters are delightful and her stories are enjoyable. The audible version was wonderful to listen to. The speaker does a very nice job with the voices and dialects. Bowen's stories of Georgie just keep getting better and better. And now with the addition of audible versions, a new way to enjoy them is possible. I love listening to books while on long car rides and this is a perfect companion for any journey.

Oliso TG1600 1800 Watts Smart Iron Pro
Oliso TG1600 1800 Watts Smart Iron Pro
Offered by Great Household
Price: $169.99
22 used & new from $150.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Twice Burned, September 27, 2012
I purchased this iron and within the year the company replaced it because the heating element wouldn't turn off, even when the iron was turned 'off'. Now, just a few months later, the replacement iron is doing the same thing. This is a fire and safety hazard. As much as I love the features on this iron, I would not purchase one again. I hope I can get my money back and not another replacement.

The Winds of Glenhoolie
The Winds of Glenhoolie
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming Romance blends old with new., June 18, 2012
This heartwarming romance is set in a small town in Scotland near an ancient but lived in castle. The story revolves around the issue of how do we preserve the past vs. modern technology and the green movement. If your looking for a quick read then this story is for you, it is well written and moves very quickly. As you read you will enjoy the quaintness of a Scottish village at Christmas time and the growing romance between the two main characters. The imagery is outstanding as you can practically feel the ice and wind howling around you in "The Winds of Glenhoolie." Can't wait for the next and longer sequel.

Waring PBB212 Professional Bar Blender, Retro Green
Waring PBB212 Professional Bar Blender, Retro Green
Offered by Gourmet Kitchen Gallery
Price: Click here to see our price
10 used & new from $95.99

3.0 out of 5 stars White is not so bright!, March 16, 2012
Nice blender, haven't had any problems, but then I don't use it that much. My problem with the blender is that the white paint has 'yellowed' with age or sun exposure. That and the white plastic lid and side supports are easy to stain. I thought I would never get the tomato soup stains off of it, and some of it is still on there. What would I have done differently? Buy a blender that isn't white.

Nikon 1 J1 10.1 MP HD Digital Camera System with 10-30mm VR and 30-110mm VR 1 NIKKOR Lenses (Silver)
6 used & new from $299.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a compromise with GREAT color and FAST autofocus., November 12, 2011
I've had my new Nikon J1 with 10-30mm lens for one week and have taken about a 1000 test shots with it. A decent compromise between the dSLR and the point and shoot, and I get video. The color is superb. The auto focus has NO problems. The image review has been very accurate. If the images did not get enough light then they were darker on the review screen and I re-shot them. There is some amount of vignetting at the corners, especially at each end of the zoom range. At f/9.0 everything is very nice and clear. I believe there is some distortion at the 10mm end, but perhaps the 10mm /2.8 lens will not have this problem. I also purchased the 30mm-110mm lens and have been very happy with the quality of the pictures. Like any new camera there is an adjustment period and learning how to shoot it. I have learned to shoot in A-mode outdoors and S-mode indoors to get the type of images I want. I wanted something light than my Sony A700 that still took good pictures, especially macro work, and this lens delivers for that. For landscapes, the jury is still out on that one due to possible distortion issues. I don't normally shot in RAW mode, so adjusting the images in Photoshop has not been a problem. Video seems to work nicely. I was strongly considering buying the Sony Nex-5N, especially since I could use my A-mount lens on it, but decided against it because it requires a separate microphone for sound and has no attached flash. This made the camera less easy for capturing in the moment photo shots and video and more gear to carry around. Purchased the White body and lens and loving it. Glad I bought it? After getting familiar with it - YES.

Update: After using the camera a little longer I would say one disadvantage is the shadow cast by the lens when using the flash up close. You can not use the flash when you are standing close to the object or there will be this little brown shadow at the bottom of the picture. To compensate, just step back and zoom in and no shadow. I purchased my camera kit from a local store and paid full price of $899, which is irritating when I see the sell prices from some of the online stores. I found a piece of lint in the front glass of the 30-110mm lens. I took it back to the store and they promptly replaced it, no problem. I actually took an Olympus PEN camera home to try out and took it back the very next day. It did not hold up in comparison to the Nikon J1 at all. The video works great on the J1, it focuses constantly and keeps a sharp image.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2012 3:23 PM PDT

Royal Blood (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
Royal Blood (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
by Rhys Bowen
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet!!!!, September 20, 2010
Rhys Bowen turns out a superb who-done-it in this new addition to the series. A definite can't miss. New characters add sparkle and life. Lots of intrigue and danger with great escapes. Not a book to put down lightly once you start to read it. Now the important question is - when is the next book in the series coming out? Can't wait!!!!!

Kuhne Salata - Seasoned Vinegar Dressing ( 750 ml )
Kuhne Salata - Seasoned Vinegar Dressing ( 750 ml )

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Vinegar Dressing, August 13, 2010
I had this for the first time a few nights ago. It was served with olive oil over a avocado and blew cheese salad. It was fantastic. Can't wait for Amazon to carry it.