Profile for Mee S Wu > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mee S Wu RSS Feed

Seiko Men's SNE049 Stainless Steel Solar Watch
Seiko Men's SNE049 Stainless Steel Solar Watch
Price: $81.33
13 used & new from $75.64

5.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Watch for a Small Wrist, November 10, 2012
I am a senior in high school (Don't mind the name) and was looking for my first "real" watch for formal/dressy wear. As a cross country runner, I am not a particularly muscular/large guy, and my wrists are also small, so many of the 40mm+ watches that are seen in the market did not appeal to me. After some research I narrowed it down to a couple Citizens and Seikos. A couple deciding factors on this watch:

1) Size. At 37mm this watch doesn't overwhelm my wrist. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer watches that don't look like they could double as a blunt weapon.

2) Styling. I'm pretty conservative and minimalist in terms of watch styling. The deep blue face adds a little spice to the classic dress watch look, and the day/date function is useful but not overly distracting.

3) Function. What's probably the best part about this watch is its solar feature. No need to take it in to the shop for a battery change. The small luminous dots above the indices and the luminous hand settings seem to work fine and are clear and visible in the dark.

4) Versatility. I don't have the money for multiple watches, but this one can be used in both a formal and more casual setting. I'm thinking about getting a nylon band to switch out with the included leather. Problem solved.

5) Cost. Very appealing to a high school student with no source of income other than the occasional odd job. Even at full price it's a very good deal.

Bottom line: If you're looking for a conservative, versatile, affordable dress watch, be sure to consider this one.