Profile for B. Courneya > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Courneya RSS Feed (Bloomington, Mn USA)

4 Channel 6 Axis 2.4G Remote Control Quadcopter Airplane with Camera & LED Lights
Offered by GrandElectronics
Price: $53.99
22 used & new from $44.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Grand daugther wants one too now!, April 12, 2015
Bought this for my grandson's birthday; but, I think my son and my husband had even more fun than he did! I expected it to be broken by now; but, it's held up well--probably because I bought the extended support! The only downside was that my grand daughter didn't feel she got to play with it often enough so she's getting one for her birthday in a few months. My grandson turned 9; and, my grand daughter will be 8. Be prepared to retrieve it from the tops of trees! The video of that retrieval is almost as fun as the flight! It's pretty easy to control; but winds and excitement still result in the occasional tree capture.

Gone at 3:17: The Untold Story of the Worst School Disaster in American History
Gone at 3:17: The Untold Story of the Worst School Disaster in American History
Price: $16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting!, January 9, 2013
This is a book that will stay with you whether you want it to or not. Very well written but so sad. I had difficulty putting it down. You felt like you were witnessing the horror first hand. Politicians screaming to remove so many of our regulations should read this book. Sacrificing safety to save a buck cost this Texas town an entire generation.

CALDERA: A Yellowstone Park Thriller
CALDERA: A Yellowstone Park Thriller
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Really?, January 9, 2013
I'm a disaster movie/book junkie so I expected to enjoy the book. It did have its moments; but, for the most part, it was just too unbelievable. The terrorist subplot was a total joke that detracted rather than added excitement. I thought I was reading a Bullwinkle/Natasha episode but with less humor. I can't recommend wasting your money on this one.

77 Days in September
77 Days in September

5.0 out of 5 stars A real page turner, October 20, 2012
I really enjoyed this book. The idea of a national power outage was totally believable to me in a year that NASA said would experience some of the largest solar flares in a very long time. Oh, and of course, in the year the Mayans and many others predicted would see the end of life as we know it. Doing without electricty would certainly be that. If anything, I felt the book portrayed the chaos following such an event too gently. We are not prepare to return to the way our ancestors lived. Hopefully, we will never be forced to do so.

Melissa & Doug Swirl 'n Spin Art
Melissa & Doug Swirl 'n Spin Art
Price: $9.98
53 used & new from $5.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Spin Art with little Spin, July 4, 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
It doesn't spin fast enough to create the pictures shown. I did not think it was a good value. My grandchildren (age 3 & 4) were unable to handle it. I had one of these when I was a child that worked on batteries and will look for that one again so it has more spin.