Profile for Chris Finklein > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 114

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Finklein "Chrisn'Di" RSS Feed (Warrenton, OR USA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Kate Middleton Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge Paper Dolls
Kate Middleton Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge Paper Dolls
by Norma Meehan
Price: $10.10
3 used & new from $10.10

5.0 out of 5 stars paper doll fastasy, June 17, 2014
Something unusual and lovely! I'm tempted to cut the paper to try out the clothes but the entire presentation is so lovely, I hate to.

All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel
All the Light We Cannot See: A Novel
by Anthony Doerr
Price: $16.20
77 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Poetic & absorbing taste of horror, June 17, 2014
A beautifully composed account of what it had to be like to live inside the horrors of Nazi occupation. The telling piece to this book is exquisitely detailed along with the imagery and description of living inside a devastating war. At times I could not put down the book but other ,because of the way the author changed characters, I was confused and had to retrace my reading in order not to loose track. Each chapter is quite short and switches the story. It's simple to follow but at times I found coming into the story from more or less the side door made it confusing. This is the sort of book that reaches deep inside to cause the reader to FEEL what it must have been like to exist in that sort of time with those sorts of constraints that usually crushed the human spirit. Many died but a few survived despite the stains of tragedy.

JFK Jr., George, & Me: A Memoir
JFK Jr., George, & Me: A Memoir
by Matt Berman
Price: $18.94
79 used & new from $4.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting retrospective, June 17, 2014
This is almost more a piece about Matt Berman because much of the story revolves around Matt's association with JFK Jr. rather than new details about JFK Jr. himself. It's a story inside the fascination and intrigue that has an appeal by itself. Enjoyable but not riveting,

Emilie King 4 Piece Comforter Set
Emilie King 4 Piece Comforter Set
Offered by Portlight
Price: $208.99
2 used & new from $208.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but not up to usual Laura Ashley standards, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Emilie King 4 Piece Comforter Set
I've owned this set for almost a year and the quality I've been used to with this brand is not there. In addition, it's impossible to purchase any of the accessories any longer. The king size comforter does not cover the normal deep mattresses most of us own so I've had to invent extra cover up of my own. Originally I bought a valance but decided to make it into an extra bed skirt when I realized how SHORT the comforter was. I've tried repeated to locate the matching sheets and more but they have vanished. This set looks gorgeous but I question the quality seriously. It's expensive and not worth it considering I expect mine to barely last a lot longer than I had hoped. Sad commentary!

85 Years of the Oscar: The Official History of the Academy Awards
85 Years of the Oscar: The Official History of the Academy Awards
by Robert A. Osborne
Price: $47.19
59 used & new from $34.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful nostalgia!, April 9, 2014
Being an avid fan of movies this is a terrific look-back into the details sort of memorabilia for anyone who likes to recall who won or even who was nominated. My only regret is that it isn't update-able with every new year's crop of films. The photos and details are classic and help to remember marvelous & timely movies that are unforgettable. Wonderful bit in my library of movies.

Bio Kleen Bac Out With Foaming Sprayer (1x32 OZ)
Bio Kleen Bac Out With Foaming Sprayer (1x32 OZ)
Offered by Zulera
Price: $13.15
14 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Stain remover fabulous!, April 9, 2014
I used this on a stain weeks old, oil set and it did the trick. I've got it at the washing machine shelf and use it all the time for stubborn stains. Terrific to use easily and with rampant success!

Frozen (Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
Frozen (Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD + Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $24.96
106 used & new from $14.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen to the TOP!, April 9, 2014
I purchased this for my granddaughter and like all the other little girls in the U.S. she is in love with the music, movie and message. It's a terrific story and the music underlines the tremendous message of love and understanding in the absolute best way. No wonder it's Disney's biggest money maker! Fabulous!

Scrumptious Toppers for Tots and Toddlers: 30 Hats and Caps from Debby Ware
Scrumptious Toppers for Tots and Toddlers: 30 Hats and Caps from Debby Ware
by Debby Ware
Price: $15.14
92 used & new from $2.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful hat book, April 9, 2014
Debbie Ware is a master designer and this book proves her incredible talents. My only wish is that she designed for older children as well as toddlers. Since it's obvious her forte is babyhood this is one book to take full advantage as gifts for new little ones. I had more fun recreating the cover hat as a Valentine's delight than I've had in a long time. Truly this is a keeper for any devoted knitter of children's wear especially hats.

Sing You Home
Sing You Home
by Jodi Picoult
Price: $13.00
592 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing take from a completely different angle, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Sing You Home (Paperback)
I always enjoy the author's take on any given subject from a different perspective. This was no exception. The story is well done and drawn with believable deductions. My one conclusion was I felt it a stretch to think a woman would conclude she was a lesbian solely from the details she did. It could be true that multiple pregnancy losses would trigger some questions but since I come from the belief a lesbian is born that way why she would not have earlier symptoms or suggestions was a bit under rated by this reader. The overall story was well drawn nonetheless and thoroughly enjoyable.

A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows Through Loss
A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows Through Loss
by Jerry Sittser
55 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the read!, April 9, 2014
Beautifully written from the heart. What is interesting is how LOSS is considered from a variety of angles not simply death. For someone who has suffered a wretched grief this is a wonderful way to assess the state of mourning as well as to understand the process. I felt comforted because I was not unique in some of my reactions. When you lose a loved one there is a tendency to think you are alone. Reading the various identifiers was comforting so I didn't think it was only me. Parts of the book toward the last section tend to get into the existential part of loss that I sometimes found wading thru but it was well worth the read and beautifully compiled.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12