Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Terri Christiansen > Reviews

Browse

Terri Christiansen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Terri Christiansen "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain (unknown)" RSS Feed (Texas United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocked and Amazed, January 6, 2012
First let me say that I cant imagine that I had typical results. Then let me tell you why.

For the last year I have been noticing that in addition to the life long dark circles under my eyes that my whole family shares, I have had these big, puffy, bags under my eyes and a large dark line underscoring the bags. When I first noticed them I thought it was due to grief from being recently widowed, but it never got better. In the last few months it got worse, especially under my right eye,

I went to the mall and asked the skin care "expert" at a Dept store of all the lines she knew of, what she recommended. After looking at my eyes and asking if I had seen a doctor (which i had), she recommended this product.

I have been wearing Lancome make-up since age 18, but I have never had much faith in any skin care products. I used it that night and the next day I was stunned that the bags and puffiness had been reduced by @ 25%. After one and a half weeks the bags and puffiness were completely gone. The dark lines under took another couple of days, but they are gone as well now under my left eye, and 95% under the right eyes is gone. Just a sight line that you would have to be looking for to notice.

What I was certainly not expecting at all was that my life long, hereditary, dark circles are 50% improved. I did go back about a week into using this and also got the Precious Cells eye creme.

I cannot tell you happy I am with this product. For a Lancome product, it is strangely low priced.

I know that my results cannot possibly be typical, but this product worked miracles for me. People remark that I look 10 years younger. I know that sounds cliche, but I cant help it; it's true. I have had amazing results.

If it helps; I am a 49 year old woman with Mediterranean blood. I have olive skin, smaller pores, and usually normal to drier, sensitive, skin. I am also a smoker.

I would never expect anyone else to get the results I did as fast as I did, but I had to share on the chance it would help someone else.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2012 9:34 AM PDT

Yamaha RX-V363BL 500 Watt 5.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver (OLD VERSION) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars It Made Our HD World Perfect, January 6, 2009
My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer last summer. We didn't have a lot of money to play with after his illness; but he did have a "Bucket List" of things he wanted to have or do before his time comes. One of the the things on his list was a High Def TV. We got a Sony Bravia 42."

The problem was that once you get HDTV, you need accessories. For instance, my 18 year old Kenwood receiver no longer picked up the HD sound, which meant my 18 year old Bose towers no longer worked with the TV or new Panasonic Blu-Ray player.

The boy that helped me at local "geek" store tried to sell me a new home theater system, the cheapest good one being $1000.00. And then he said with a sigh "It still won't sound as good as your old Bose towers." At least he was honest and told me that all I needed was a new receiver!

I looked high and low for a decent receiver that would fit my empty wallet, and husbands desires. I purchased this one after researching reviews and crossed my fingers.

I could not be more happy. It was easy to set up, easy to work, and I have my old Bose towers back in full force pumping out the finest sound that I can imagine. I also got the dock for our I-Touch and I am happier than I can say, in that I have been able to make my husbands last wishes come true. I do believe that this receiver was cheaper than what I paid for my old Kenwood almost 20 years ago.

My son would tell you that his only problem with this receiver was that it stopped him from getting my Bose towers (he got the old system... minus the Bose).

Thank you Amazon reviewers for helping me make this wonderful purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2009 9:19 PM PDT

Panasonic DMP-BD35K 1080p Blu-Ray Player
Panasonic DMP-BD35K 1080p Blu-Ray Player
6 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars with the Firmware Upgrade, November 29, 2008
I bought this product due to the reviews I read on Amazon. What I looked most forward to was the fact that it "upscales" my old DVD's to look "almost HD." Almost?? This player upscales my old DVD's so well that I have found myself wondering if I need to buy the more expensive blu-ray movies at all. Even my old black and white movies on dvd look unbelievable. I was very relieved as I have an extensive collection of DVD's and was upset at the idea of having to replace them all with the new blu-ray format.

Just to be sure I immediately went out and bought several blu-ray movies to play on it. Unfortunately, I experienced what I soon learned was called "audio drop-out." During a few of the movies I purchased, and many of my old DVD's, the sound would cut out many times during playback. If I paused the movie and then continued, it would work until the next drop-out; at which point I had to go through the "pause-play" routine until I was sick of it.

I went to the Panasonic site and tried to get an firmware update as I did not have it connected to my router. No such luck. It was not yet uploaded to their site so no way to download it to a disk and then upgrade from there. I called tech-support and they told me there was indeed an upgrade that would fix the problem, but it had to be connected to the internet.

As my HD-TV is another room than my router, I purchased a 100 ft. ethernet cable and ran the firmware upgrade. It worked better than I could have possibly imagined. Not only is the audio drop-out gone (on all DVD's), the picture is even better, which is hard to believe as it was already magnificent.

I cannot possibly recommend this product any higher. It has saved me thousands of dollars that I feared I would have to spend on replacing my old DVD's. As a matter of point, the only blu-ray movies I will spend the extra money on is perhaps ones made with super special effects. There is no need to buy the blu-ray DVD's with this player for regular movies. Neither my husband, my techie son, or anyone else can tell they are not watching a HD movie with this player.

Thank you Panasonic, and Thank you Amazon reviewers who talked me into this particular player.

Update;
Time has now passed and I must say that the only problem I have had was that when we lost power in the house due to road work in our area, I had to re-download the firmware upgrade. Back to perfect.
I have found no problems with handshake issues. No problems with slow starts. I noticed the price is going up, as I got mine much cheaper here on Amazon. What's up with the price increase?
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2009 9:40 PM PST

Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
Bose SoundDock Portable 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Speaker Dock
23 used & new from $150.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Perfect for What it is Designed For, November 22, 2008
I am a long time Bose customer so I will address issues that I have heard about this player from other people. Others here have given you the technical information so I will give you just an "experience" opinion. I use mine with the I-Touch.

Some people claim that they are not happy with the sound quality of this product. Does it have the same "ummph" as my 18 year old big, bold, Bose Towers? No, it does not. Those towers fill my entire house with earth shattering sound.

This product is "portable" and made for being carried from room to room without having to plug it in, or better yet, for superior quality outdoors; perhaps a picnic or camping trip. It does indeed give me the same sweet, full, sounds as my other Bose products. I use it in my kitchen or take it in the bathroom with me for showers. We also use it outside in the backyard when we have the chiminea roaring. Add a nice glass of wine and some Mozart and life is wonderful!

Another reviewer said the sound was bad, too much bass or some such thing. You must remember that this unit is made for I-touch and I-phones etc. that have their own equalizer built into them. You must adjust the equalizer through the players setting options, not the device (speakers). I do wish it had it's own equalizer as I detest the preset choices that I must scroll through for each type of music that I listen to. As I listen to all types of music, I must do it often. There is one pre-set in my I-Touch that handles rock, pop etc. without having to change it much, but classical needs and adjustment. Yet, if you use the equalizer then you should not have any problems with sound. It is a Bose and more than capable of reproducing whatever sounds your settings are set for.

Battery Life is excellent if you do not choose to blast it as loud as it will go, and it will go quite loud. The manual said it lasts approximately 3 hours listening at full volume, but I have not yet had it run out of battery, or need to be recharged during many hours of playback at a reasonable volume (I am not 20 anymore, perhaps that has something to do with it). We used it outside one night for 6 hours easy without the battery giving me any problems or needing to be plugged in. I am waiting for the prices to go down to purchase an extra battery, just in case.

Electricity issues? I have not noticed any change what-so-ever in my electricity bill. I thought that was a non-helpful review.

I love this little docking station and fully recommend it; so long as you are buying it for what it was designed for. If your looking for something to fill an entire LARGE house, apartment, or room with sound, then either get the Bose 901's, or the Wave Radio/CD player (for apartments).

If you want something you dock and charge your I-pods with while your at the beach, camping, in the backyard, or just taking a shower... this is it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Have Been the Perfect Phone, November 21, 2008
I bought this phone as my old cell was 5 years old and I wanted a clamshell with a full querty keyboard for texting.

It is a beautiful little phone. It was/is by far the easiest, most intuitive phone I have ever used. Every preference is right where it ought to be so that setting it for your personal taste is effortless. I do mean truly effortless.

There is no fumbling through settings to find the one that you are looking for. If you add a contact you have all of the options right there for setting personal ringers, photo's etc. Even the sounds on this phone were perfect.

I am quite picky about my ringers and cannot tolerate loud, shrill sounds. Nor can I handle the "singing" ringers. This phone has something for everybody, and they all sound great.

It is a little "boxy" in shape and required me getting used to it. It felt great in the hand with a cover on it to give the top of the clam-shell some weight to it. It is hard to hold the phone on your shoulder and talk unless the case you put it in has a belt clip on it for balance.

The camera/camcorder is not why I bought it, but it took good pictures and video and it was fun to use.

The qwerty keyboard is easy to use and I seldom made mistakes with my big ole' fingers (much easier than the Itouch).

So if this phone is so perfect, why did I take mine back and replace it with a Palm? Easy... this phone has lousy signal strength! The worst by far that I have ever seen. I almost cried when I realized that I would have to replace it; it was that easy to use, easy on the ears, and beautiful to look at.

My old Sanyo gave me four (out of five) bars in my house, which never varied. With the Lotus, I had one bar in my living room and no bars (or service) in my bedroom/bathroom not 100 feet away.

When I took it back to sprint they said it was a problem they had heard before so I did not just exchange it, I replaced it with the Palm Centro. The Centro has four (out of five) bars throughout my home, at all times.

I was very sad to have take it back... if they fix the signal strength,it will be a perfect phone. Until then... I cannot go there. I need my phone to work.

Tramontina Stainless Steel Whistling Tea Kettle - 2 Qt.
Tramontina Stainless Steel Whistling Tea Kettle - 2 Qt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Product, Perfect Weight, November 21, 2008
This is a fine tea kettle.

The first thing I noticed is the look of the kettle. It has a sleek and beautiful exterior that will match any decor. It is eye catching and looks great sitting in wait on the back burner of my stove. This kettle has personality plus.

The second thing to notice is the weight of the kettle. It has a perfect balance to it, even while pouring. It is heavy and fine enough to immediately know that it is constructed well, but it also feels very solid; as if it will last forever. Neither the handle or the trigger feels shaky. Everything sits exactly where it should for maximum comfort and ease of use. The trigger is easy to reach and smooth to operate, the handle does not get hot and is the gripper is placed at the perfect angle to create the balance it needs when pouring. The rubber that the grip is made of feels soft on the hand with just enough "give" when you hold it or pour it.

Cleaning it was simple. It is very easy to wash the inside of the kettle. I have medium to large hands but there was no problem, it was easy to dry and "shine up." The finish on it is perfect and does not require buffing to look good.

After reading the reviews I decided to purchase this kettle and give it a try. I was a bit concerned about the time it takes to heat water due to another persons review, but I should not have been alarmed. I filled the kettle to the bottom of the spout and heated it at dead-center-medium. My water was ready in under 10 minutes. I cannot claim to know why it took so long for the other reviewer, possibly elevation, but it worked quickly on my stove.

The whistle sounds to me like every other tea kettle. Not annoying,not pleasant per-se, but not too loud. It is loud enough to remind me that I heated water and it's done. I almost purchased one of the kettle's with the harmonic whistle, but when I read the reviews on those kettles, most all of them seemed to stop working after the first few times.

Now the hard part; the price. This is a very expensive kettle for a middle income family. Price is the reason that I give it only four stars. If it lasts my entire lifetime, it will be worth it's weight in gold. If I do not have to replace it every few years then i will be extremely happy and be sorry that I did not give it five stars. There is of course no way to know that at this point.

Right now, I am very happy with the kettle and I am glad that I purchased it. I might add that it was very hard to find, only one man on Amazon could get it for me and I could not find it anywhere else online... trust me, I looked. If you can find it cheaper; I would buy it hands down. If you can't, then consider whether buying a new kettle every few years will add up to the same price you will pay for this one. I do know that I have other Tramontina pans that look and work as good right now, as they did the day I bought them.

Best of luck in your search.

Indoctrinate U (Explicit Version)
Indoctrinate U (Explicit Version)
DVD ~ Evan Coyne Maloney
Price: $21.99
7 used & new from $5.28

2.0 out of 5 stars He Forgot to Question His Results, November 16, 2008
I watched this movie with a feeling of sadness and remembrance. As I watched this movie I had a feeling of great empathy for many in his film who attended college with great hope of intellectual stimulation and the idea that great minds would meet and speak...only to be labeled and shunned by the rest of my campus'.
The problem of course is that I am a liberal, who attended private Christian universities for my undergrad and masters program. My undergrad degree was in Psychology and Political Science. I know exactly what it is like to be the only person on a campus that is different; and is treated as such. In one criminal law class I was harassed for asking why we did not discuss "justice" and what it means. The answer to every question in class was the right-wing/ fundamentalist answer. When I had the audacity to suggest in class that we learn from a balanced perspective, it got heated between myself and the professor and I left early in tears; the entire class applauded when I left.
In another Poly Sci class I was told by one of the male students that I had "better watch my back." Please understand that I was a 40 something white, female, student.
My problem with this film is that he does not cover both sides of the issue. There are multitudes of universities that are just as far to the right as the examples used in his film are to the left. He forgot to mention that.
As any decent researcher knows, you must look at all the data and include all of the data that proves your theory wrong as well; not just the data that supports your claim. I wish he would have come here to Abilene Texas. He could have visited the schools where the students are indoctrinated to the far and radical right. Where being a democrat makes you "evil" and being a pacifist means you are suspected of siding with terrorists. How odd is that?
Where is the balance?
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2014 9:43 AM PST

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased and Surprised, June 3, 2008
I love this pointer. I did not expect for it be as nice as it is for the price offered. The point is very sharp, bright, and crisp. It is not all fuzzy looking as some cab be in the lower price ranges. Worth every penny.

William Bounds Rainbow Opal Pepper Mill
William Bounds Rainbow Opal Pepper Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars William Bounds Mills, June 3, 2008
I use coarse organic sea salts because of the health benefits involved and the fantastic taste. Who knew there was so much to learn about the proper mill to use for grinding it?

When I started researching salt and pepper mills the first thing of import that I learned was that the finest salt mills use ceramic mechanisms for "grinding." The second was that it is better to crush the spice than actually grind it.

I turned to researching what salt mills the great chefs in the world use and that is how I found William Bounds pepper and salt mills. I found some that were higher priced, but had lower reviews than William Bounds. The mills that they create have both ceramic mechanisms and the `crushing rather than grinding' action. The mechanisms are also guaranteed for life.

After that, all I had to choose was the style that I most liked; and they have a great many to choose from. One of the things I like most about this company is that they offer high-end mills that are priced in range for just about anyone willing to spend a few extra dollars on something that will stay attractive and last for as long as you want it too. I don't know what mills the ultra wealthy use, but I can't imagine them working any finer than these William Bounds.

I ended up choosing this "rainbow acrylic" salt and pepper mill as I thought it would be fun colored for my grandkids and hard for them to break. They have a weight to them that feels perfect in my small hand as well as my 6' 3" son's huge hands. They were a touch heavy for my five year old grandson, but he could still use them easily. My grandson loves the colors; even as adults, my son and I kept noticing them sparkling. They really are attention grabbers. William Bounds also has a copper set that I will most likely buy for adult-centered, professional dinners.

When I first received them, I couldn't wait to use them. They are the finest units that I have ever used. I cannot recommend them higher. The action is ultra smooth and changing textures (fine-medium-coarse) is a breeze. Included is good pepper and coarse sea salt; but I prefer the salt I have been using for years so I changed it out. The crushing action (I assume) even managed to introduce me to a new, fresher, taste in an already well known and loved spice.

Buy with confidence; these are great.

William Bounds Rainbow Opal Salt Mill
William Bounds Rainbow Opal Salt Mill

5.0 out of 5 stars Salt; of the Earth, June 3, 2008

I turned to researching what salt mills the great chefs in the world use and that is how I found William Bounds pepper and salt mills. I found some that were higher priced, but had lower reviews than William Bounds. The salt mills that they create have both ceramic mechanisms and the `crushing rather than grinding' action. The mechanisms are also guaranteed for life.

Buy with confidence; these are great.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3