Profile for mich > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

mich "haciendamama" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
2.5 Inch Dome 4x Magnifier with Pouch
2.5 Inch Dome 4x Magnifier with Pouch
Offered by Eye Care and Cure
Price: $14.50
2 used & new from $12.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great magnifier!, February 3, 2015
Just what I needed to see print that is too small for my bifocals. Perfect!

[LIFETIME HASSLE FREE WARRANTY] Gear Beast Secure Grip Universal Smartphone Bike Mount Holder Cradle for iPhone 6, 5, 5S, 5C, 4, 4S; Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S5, S4, S3; and other Smartphones up to 5.2" including LG, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumina, Sony Xperia, and Motorola Moto. Easy install, no tools needed. Works as stroller and golf cart mount.
Offered by Gear Beast
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, February 3, 2015
This is just what I was looking for for my stationary bike. It holds my ipod, and it opens wide enough to hold my smart phone. I can use it with our without my headphones. Very happy with this purchase!

The Vintage Tea Party Year
The Vintage Tea Party Year
by Angel Adoree
Price: $22.48
57 used & new from $13.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for our collection, June 4, 2014
This is the second title we have by this author. Just like the other book, The Vintage Tea Party, this is beautifully illustrated and has great photographs. It is an excellent resource to have as my teen daughter plans regular parties for her friends.

White Plastic and Stainless Steel Bagel Guillotine
White Plastic and Stainless Steel Bagel Guillotine
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $24.95
22 used & new from $10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, March 6, 2013
This does what it is supposed to. The Costco bagels do fit, although tightly, and the blade does cut them just fine. Much easier than using a knife.

Origin of Love
Origin of Love
Price: $8.89
63 used & new from $1.80

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Origin of Love (Audio CD)
I got this cd for my daughter, but I must admit that I enjoy it just as much as she does. Great music!

Pacsafe Luggage Pouchsafe 125 Travel Pouch,Grey, One Size
Pacsafe Luggage Pouchsafe 125 Travel Pouch,Grey, One Size

4.0 out of 5 stars almost perfect, March 5, 2013
The velcro is the only reason I gave this 4 stars. Nothing says "tourist" like the sound of velcro opening. Because there is also a sturdy snap on the inside flap, I covered the stiff part of the velcro with a piece of attractive flannel, and I now have the perfect bag for traveling. The size is great for documents, a phone, and a little bit of cash. The shoulder strap is adjustable, so I can wear it cross-body and shorten it so that it rests right under my arm. Very convenient for subway and public transportation where one can be a target.

The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability
The Vegetarian Myth: Food, Justice, and Sustainability
by Lierre Keith
Price: $13.86
107 used & new from $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, March 30, 2012
First off, I am not hard core vegetarian or vegan, but I enjoy both diets and am trying to make healthy choices for myself and my family. I bought this book hoping to read a fair criticism of vegetarianism after watching Forks over Knives. I guess I should have read all of the reviews first. I am quite disappointed by the book. I do like that she has the book divided into three sections - moral, political and nutritional vegetarians - and I was mostly interested in the nutrition part. She seems to promote the Protein Power plan, and Dr. Eades surprisingly gave his thumb's up on the back cover. In this chapter alone of just over 100 pages, she has 299 end-notes, and many of them are ibid - referring to the same books over and over again. She lost me many times in her arguments, inserting "facts" that seemed to have nothing to do with her discussion. I was also disappointed that she doesn't share with the reader what her diet was while she was vegetarian, and how exactly it changed later. I tend to think she was maybe doing something wrong, or she just had a predisposition to her specific maladies. What she wrote does not make sense as regards to my own personal experience as well as that of some close friends. I work at a bookstore and was really hoping to be able to promote this book, but it isn't going to happen.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2012 3:28 PM PDT

Chloe's Kitchen: 125 Easy, Delicious Recipes for Making the Food You Love the Vegan Way
by Chloe Coscarelli
Price: $16.40
94 used & new from $6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to own it, March 30, 2012
I checked this book out of my local library, and after three weeks of use I decided I had to have it. It is a great addition to my vegan library. Highly recommended.

The Story of Science: Aristotle Leads the Way
The Story of Science: Aristotle Leads the Way
by Joy Hakim
Price: $18.93
84 used & new from $6.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Joy Hakim, March 11, 2012
This book is fabulous. As a homeschooler, I find it difficult to purchase science curriculum that is secular. Joy Hakim wrote a fantastic history series that we use, and now I am hooked on her science series as well. We started reading this book, and she ties scientific thought together with historic events in such a beautiful, understandable way. I think this book is appropriate for all ages, as it is a good introduction for younger students and a good review for your high schoolers. I went on to purchase the other two books in the series.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2013 2:59 PM PST

Eclipse Thermaback Microfiber Grommet Blackout Window Panel
Eclipse Thermaback Microfiber Grommet Blackout Window Panel
Price: $19.17
3 used & new from $19.17

4.0 out of 5 stars room darkening, not blackout, March 11, 2012
These curtains are very soft, and the grommets at the top are strong. I popped them in the dryer with a moist cloth for 10 minutes while I hung the curtain rod. Fold wrinkles came out just fine. Because of the grommets at the top, they do not lie flat along the window frame. So some light does come through around the edges, BUT they definitely darken the room, which was what I wanted. The quality is good. I would definitely recommend or purchase again, keeping in mind that they are not complete black-out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3