Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS
Profile for Dennis K. Biby > Reviews

Browse

Dennis K. Biby's Profile

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dennis K. Biby RSS Feed (Annapolis, MD United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
LG Nexus 5X Unlocked Smartphone - Black 16GB (U.S. Warranty)
LG Nexus 5X Unlocked Smartphone - Black 16GB (U.S. Warranty)
Offered by SlickerBuy (Tax Free Shopping)
Price: $327.99
20 used & new from $279.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Great design, poor implementation!, November 23, 2015
Great phone with un-supported, odd ball charger. I've had the phone about a month and love it. However, I'm on a cross-country road trip. In San Francisco, I checked 8 stores including the big box electronic store, office store, both major carrier stores, a real electronics store, and others yet NO ONE carried any USB-C cables. I wanted something to plug into a car charger.

I carelessly left the wall charger in the last motel. The Nexus 5X will be dead sometime tonight. I've tried charging through a "Apple" USB-c to female USB-A cable in line with a male-male USB cable from my laptop. The Nexus 5x refuses to accept a charge - it wants to charge my laptop and nothing that I do allows me to select "Just charge the Nexus 5x".

Tomorrow, I'll buy a throw-away phone for the remainder of the trip.

Google should be ashamed... Great design, poor implementation!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2015 5:12 PM PST

Quaker Popped Tortilla Style Chips, Cheesy Nacho, 6.06 Ounce
Quaker Popped Tortilla Style Chips, Cheesy Nacho, 6.06 Ounce
Price: $2.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Price per ounce is very wrong., August 16, 2015
Price per ounce is $0.57, not $0.09 as stated on Amazon page. Something is seriously amiss!

Jet Creations Inflatable Globe, Clear, 16"
Jet Creations Inflatable Globe, Clear, 16"
Price: $7.30
15 used & new from $4.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps a good representation of the planet, June 28, 2015
Perhaps a good representation of the planet, but the inflate valve was blocked, i.e. it was an inflate valve adhered to the inflatable globe!!

As others have noted, 'tis junk!! But has the potential.

Columbia Men's Techsun Sandal
Columbia Men's Techsun Sandal
Price: $23.59 - $66.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Bought two pair from another vendor and they were great until washing, June 11, 2015
Bought two pair from another vendor and they were great until washing. After washing, the soles on both pair separated from the tread. I have a high regard for Columbia products but in this case, the contract manufacturer used a non-waterproof adhesive to attach the shoe tread.

It's back to Teva for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2015 4:08 PM PDT

Sonya Compact Portable Apartment Small Washing Machine Washer 1.9cuft./15.4lbs/free Casters Included
Offered by First&Best Inc.
Price: $439.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great washer - spin dryer would make it the cat's meow!, December 17, 2014
I purchased this machine 3 months ago and I cannot praise it enough.

My need is a bit different than the typical apartment dweller. For the past 25 years I've lived on a sailboat on both coasts and Hawaii. Trudging to a laundromat, while enlightening - I've met some very interesting folks there whom I would never have encountered - is not the way I want to spend an early morning.

For the past three years, I've used a WonderWash (http://www.amazon.com/The-Laundry-Alternative-Wonderwash-Portable/dp/B002C8HR9A/ref=sr_1_1?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1418867666&sr=1-1), a fine machine that I will return to once offshore.

In the meantime, the Sonya Washing machine is terrific. I wash with it and then hang clothes to dry. With heavy items like jeans and towels, I first spin them through my spin dryer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GEDBIG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

It would be GRAND if Sonya would incorporate a spin dryer in this machine.

Most Excellent Adventures ofTenacity: Big Waves, Cheap Wine, Farting Camels
Most Excellent Adventures ofTenacity: Big Waves, Cheap Wine, Farting Camels
by Cindy Fletcher-Holden
Price: $10.99
12 used & new from $8.43

4.0 out of 5 stars TME A of T, dare I say, is ..., November 21, 2014
TME A of T, dare I say, is not mainly about sailing but rather Cindy's experience of wandering cobblestone streets, engaging local cafes/markets/people, trekking narrow paths (levadas), exploring, respecting/schmoozing bureaucrats, making friends everywhere, and chronicling Robert's fix-it-solutions.

Cindy and Robert fulfill a dream by sailing Tenacity, a 47 foot ketch, from Annapolis to Portugal via Bermuda and the Azores, where they merge with the Portuguese locals. They explore Portugal, Spain, Gibraltar before hoisting anchor and completing the loop via the Canaries and Caribbean islands back to Annapolis.

This is a tale of offshore sailing and experiencing "being there" in a new land!

Dennis
s/v Ferrity

EZ-DUZ-IT 3028 Deluxe Can Opener with Grips, Black
EZ-DUZ-IT 3028 Deluxe Can Opener with Grips, Black
Price: $8.55
26 used & new from $8.55

1.0 out of 5 stars This is absolutely the worst piece of junk that I have purchased on Amazon, October 17, 2014
This is absolutely the worst piece of junk that I have purchased on Amazon.

Seriously, how hard is it to build a can opener? My buck 99, nearly useless opener is better than this.

TIs now in the trash can, don't waste your money.

Ortega Green Chiles, Diced, 4 Oz
Ortega Green Chiles, Diced, 4 Oz
Price: $0.98

2.0 out of 5 stars These chiles are mild, perhaps weak, and not ..., August 22, 2014
These chiles are mild,perhaps weak, and not up to Ortega standards.

Bumble Bee Foods Wild Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless, 5-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 12)
Price: $26.86
3 used & new from $26.86

3.0 out of 5 stars Skinless & boneless does not mean fillet, June 6, 2014
I've enjoyed many Bumble Bee salmon filets. Unfortunately, this is not a fillet but some sort of salmon ground meat.

I don't think skinless & boneless is truth in advertising. It's sort of like saying "real Angus beef" when referring to a hamburger of unknown origin. (Yep - I grew up on a farm where Angus was a breed.)

Adidas Climacool Boat Lace Shoe - Men's Solar Blue / Chalk / Solar Slime 12
Adidas Climacool Boat Lace Shoe - Men's Solar Blue / Chalk / Solar Slime 12
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars For the wide foot, May 15, 2014
Most boat shoes are made for narrow, i.e. C size. Because of the fit to my wide feet, I've ordered another pair.

As boat shoes (I live aboard my sailboat) these shoes have a good "grip" and drain when wading ashore.

s/v Ferrity