Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Illinois USA)

Crazy Anna
Crazy Anna
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So funny!, February 25, 2014
This review is from: Crazy Anna (App)
My sister's name is Anna and we got it together it's so funny! It's a lot like angry birds. It's one of my fave apps I give 4 star because it could have more levels

MY LITTLE PONY - Friendship is Magic
MY LITTLE PONY - Friendship is Magic
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars best my little pony game ever. period., February 15, 2014
The shop may be a minor setback considering you do have to pay that much money to finish the game, but you don't have to. I like just building the town seeing how much I can build

What's the Matter with White People: Why We Long for a Golden Age That Never Was
by Joan Walsh
Price: $15.57
123 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent and very readable political memoir., August 19, 2012
This year has seen three books by MSNBC personalities: Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, and now Joan Walsh. I've read all three -- and while Maddow and Hayes's books are fantastic, they're not memoirs -- I can't make books on political elites or the military industrial complex into bedtime reading! Walsh's book, on the other hand, is a deeply personal look at the US political landscape during the past five decades. I love how Walsh connects her own Irish Catholic, working class upbringing to the unhinging of the Democratic coalition in the late 60's and 70's. She speaks from a deeply personal and human perspective, and yet doesn't miss a beat in describing in great detail the economic and political events that brought us to the Tea Party and failures of the current Democratic administration to confront a recalcitrant Republican congress (elected by working class whites!) on behalf of those same working class citizens. A most enjoyable read.

Frances Langum
The Professional Left Podcast
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 10:08 AM PST

The Best of Interweave Knits
The Best of Interweave Knits
by Ann Budd
58 used & new from $4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars No fug, October 2, 2007
I have to say there isn't a single fugly garment in this entire book. That's saying something.

Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects with Complete How-to-Knit Instructions
Knitting for Baby: 30 Heirloom Projects with Complete How-to-Knit Instructions
by Kristin Nicholas
77 used & new from $0.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners!, October 3, 2002
I've been knitting for over fifteen years and consider myself an advanced knitter. But I think this book is one of the best "beginner" books I've ever seen. If you are new to knitting or coming back to it after several years, this book will get you (re)started quickly. And baby things are the perfect "first projects"

Forms of Devotion: Stories and Pictures
Forms of Devotion: Stories and Pictures
by Diane Schoemperlen
52 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars cuts to the heart, July 3, 2001
It seems the earned province of Canadian women writers to cut to the heart of gender, race, and class privilege. In the title piece (I would not call it a story in the traditional character/plot sense) Schoemperlen explores a series of intangibles, among them faith, prayer, and hope, and very subtly weaves them into an indictment of middle class privilege. In a later story, "Count Your Blessings (a Fairy Tale)" Schoemperlen, in a twist reminiscent of the best Roald Dahl stories, cuts the heart out of the woman who has everything and is still unhappy. These stories are well-written, and are accompanied by clever old woodcut clip art. But unlike many short story collections, this is not an "easy" book, for the reader, and I suspect, for the author as well. The book jacket describes her work as "electric"--the prospective reader would do well to remember that electricity can shock as well as enlighten.

The Last Time They Met: A Novel
The Last Time They Met: A Novel
by Anita Shreve
Price: $30.49
475 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars very good on tape..., April 23, 2001
I'm not sure this is available via audiobook for sale at ... I think the audio book of this novel is terrific! Blair Brown reads beautifully, and I found it easy to keep track of what was happening...as other readers have said they were confused by the "reverse chronology" of this book. I think one of the problems some readers may have is that though Thomas and Linda are very deeply in love, there is something out there blocking their relationship. Those who define a satisfying romantic novel by a typical at the altar ending, or even a satisfying get-together in the middle, are going to be disappointed. I loved the (admittedly surprising) ending. Found it a satisfactory answer to the whys of the book as well as very, very moving.

Little Big League [VHS]
Little Big League [VHS]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable fantasy for pre-teen boys, December 11, 2000
This review is from: Little Big League [VHS] (VHS Tape)
My stepson loves this video. It fulfills nearly every baseball star fantasy a pre-teen boy might have. The relationships between the lead character and his friends, as well as his grandfather and widowed mom, are quite realistic, even if becoming owner/manager of a major league baseball team is not.