Profile for black velvet > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

black velvet RSS Feed

Apple iPod shuffle 2 GB Black (3rd Generation)   (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod shuffle 2 GB Black (3rd Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
11 used & new from $18.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Headphones suck!, September 21, 2009
The headphones that are required to use the new ipod shuffle are probably the poorest example of product design i've ever seen. Based on its size, portability and Apple's marketing, you would think this would be a perfect product for exercising. That is where you would be wrong! The controls on the headphone wire are right up next to your ear, and unless you exercise without sweating, that tiny box is doomed to get filled with sweat. I bought this ipod specifically for running, but after about 3 miles the controls start acting totally erratically, randomly and constantly switching between songs and playlists, or alternatively not playing any music but just talking at me with its annoying computer voice. I can only attribute the behavior to sweat getting on the control box. Today I even tried covering the box with plastic wrap and tape, but to no avail. I was so frustrated with the ipod's crazy behavior on mile 6 that I actually ripped the headphones out of my ears and threw them in the ditch. Not kidding. Looking for some alternative to control it, because I do really like it's size for running, and the new playlist feature is great...but not when it's acting crazy. I'm so irritated that Apple overlooked this crucial aspect of this product.
Comment Comments (33) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2012 2:44 PM PDT

In Reverie
In Reverie
Price: $11.88
97 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars The biggest disappointment of my life, April 10, 2005
This review is from: In Reverie (Audio CD)
I am an avid Saves the Day fan. I have, and love, all of their old albums, and they are all amazing. Of course, when this CD came out, I excitedly snatched it up and popped it into my CD player, expecting to be wowed like I was by all their other albums. I'm not even joking, what came out of the player was seriously the biggest disappointment of my life. I had been anticipting the release of this album for months, but what it contained sounded nothing like the Saves the Day I know and love. I'm not saying bands shouldn't evolve and change over time as they grow and mature, but the whiney high pitched vocals and lame melodies on this CD drove me crazy. (I read an article where Chris Conley explained that he had to change his vocal style because he was damaging his vocal cords or something.....). I saw the band play shortly after the release of this album, and the few songs they played from In Reverie sounded much better live than on the CD, so I did my best to give the album another shot, and I forced myself to listen to it a few times through. I still hate it, and if I could give it a rating lower than 1 star, I would. It hurts me to say bad things about Saves the Day, but this album sucks. If you do buy it, expect nasaly, high-pitched vocals and meandering melodies that sound nothing like the energetic, driven and powerful songs from albums like Can't Slow Down and Through Being Cool.