Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Profile for Patricia R. Andersen > Reviews

Browse

Patricia R. Ande...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 937

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Patricia R. Andersen "redheaded booklover" RSS Feed (MD USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Edition: Cards
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars impressive, August 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At one time in my life, I used to make my own greeting cards with rubber stamps and collage. I tried to make them reflect the event (birthday, wedding) and I was usually satisfied with the way the cards turned out. Though it sounds as if it should be very easy to do, it's not. It takes a lot of material and time to figure out exactly how I could achieve the effect I was trying to obtain. Those card making days have been long behind me.
Because of my experience, I was very interested in seeing the Hallmark Signature Collection. I was afraid it would be an imitation handmade card, slap dashed together and not really looking that great. I was quite pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong. The cards, as one card states, are "fabulous". There's a beautiful stiletto heel, dressed up in (fake) jewels and glitter. There is a lovely line drawing of a woman with her dress accented in pink flowers floating around the dress. The sentiments expressed in the cards is very simple (one example: "Happy Birthday, fabulous you!") so you have space to add your own sentiments. These are great cards for the women in your life.

_BUT_ having written this review, I want to add a few "buyer bewares". If you plan to mail these cards, you will need a padded envelope (this does not come with the cards, you have to supply your own). You will also have to pay extra postage due to the weight of the card. If this sort of restrictions are an issue for you, you will not want to buy these cards. They are beautiful but some people do not want the extra expense of money and time to mail a card. That's fine - you can hand deliver them to your friends. No extra effort than a regular flat card.

On the other hand, if you want something truly special for your friends, this collection of cards is right for you. It is impressive and beautiful and will certainly be treasured by the recipient for years to come. I recommend these cards highly..

Dr Infrared Heater 2-tier 18 cubic feet portable bedbug heater with thermometer and timer
Price: $169.99
5 used & new from $111.55

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, August 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I truly must have confused this heater for something else. I thought this would get rid of a bedbug problem, but it does not appear to d that. It's much too small to try and tent a mattress. It's entirely possible that I didn't really understand how to use this ite properly, but since it was supposed to be a "bedbug toaster", that's what I thought it was.
I can't recommend this item because I had entirely different expectations for this particular item. I suggest you read the other reviews as well as the product description (which I apparently did not do) to see if this item suits your needs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2015 6:08 PM PST

EPS Replacement Toner 3K High Yield for Samsung MLT-D116L M2825DW M2875FD M2875FW M2835DW M2885FW
Offered by MANGOKET
Price: $29.87
2 used & new from $29.87

5.0 out of 5 stars clear and sharp, July 27, 2015
Toners for printers are expensive - very expensive. Sometimes it seems like a better deal financially to just buy a new printer for the cost of the toner alone - there is not that much difference in price sometimes. And of course the toner runs out at the most inopportune times, leaving me to try and find an expensive replacement at the local office supply store quickly. This method works very poorly and ends up leaving me frustrated and angry.
Then I found the EPS Replacement Toner to fit my Samsung printer on Amazon. I was hesitant at first to try it. After all, I have never used this brand before now. I also remember some incredibly cheesy generic toners from worker being absolutely horrible to use. But I checked the prices of toners again and decided that the toner was at least worth one try. f t didn't perform well, I'd know not to buy it again.
I was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this toner cartridge. It was easy to install and worked well with my printer. The printing is clear and sharp. The cartridge doesn't shed what I call toner dust everywhere. (You know what I am talking about, those tiny black dots that sometimes sprinkle the paper, making it messy to handle). I am impressed and happy.
I recommend this EPS Replacement Toner to anyone in need of a toner for a printer. There are other configurations to fit various printers and you can find a toner that suits your printer. I intend to keep using these for my Samsung and I believe after you have tried this product, you will use this for all your printer needs.

Zak! Designs HydraTrak Insulated Tumbler with Straw, BPA-free, 20 oz., Clear
Zak! Designs HydraTrak Insulated Tumbler with Straw, BPA-free, 20 oz., Clear
Price: $15.60
4 used & new from $15.60

5.0 out of 5 stars water, water everywhere, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Zaki Designs Hydra Trak Insulated Tumbler is a colorful 20 ounce tumbler. The color is from the colored bands that surround the tumbler. The purpose of these bands is more than ornamental. Every time you finish 20 ounces of water, you move a colored band to the top of the tumbler. This makes it much easier to track how much water you have consumed through out the day.
I recommend this tumbler for people like me. I know I should drink water and I also know I don't keep track of how much fluid I have consumed. This tumbler helps me to keep track of how much water I have consumed during the day.

Five Star Expanding File, 6-Pocket, 13 x 9-3/8 Inches, Blue/Yellow/Green Striped (73078)
Price: $10.66
2 used & new from $10.66

5.0 out of 5 stars too many receipts, July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Unfortunately, I am very disorganized in some areas of my life. For instance, home improvement bills. Where do I file them? What should I do with them? And those weird receipts for postage or some repair to a tool? Well, I have to tell you upfront that I do not organize the way normal people do. For instance, I have my divorce papers (from my first husband) in a file marked "Medical". That may seem strange, but if you knew the situation, you'd agree with me.
So I am using this neat little file for my home improvement receipts as well as for repair receipts. This handy colorful file has 6 pockets, so I can, if I want add a few more files in there. It expands without resistance and the bright colors should cue my mind that home improvement receipts go in there.. I would have loved to have it in my school days, I believe it would have been very helpful to keep papers in order.
I would recommend this 6 pocket expanding file to anyone who wants to organize something important.

NeilMed Ear Spin Safe, 0.0625 Pound
NeilMed Ear Spin Safe, 0.0625 Pound
Price: $8.99
4 used & new from $6.75

4.0 out of 5 stars weird but effective, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a weird but useful tool. The NeilMed Ear Spin Safe is for people who have a problem with wax build up in their ears. You know the kind of build up I mean, the one that feels as if you are deaf or going deaf. And as long as you follow the careful instructions on the package, this will remove a lot of ear wax. It will also feel very weird to you, but trust me, it works. And the bonus of it all - it works quickly.
I would recommend this product to anyone who has an ear wax build up problem or anyone who knows someone that could use this product.

Set of 4 Coasters for Drinks, Colorful and Cute. Best Glass Coasters, Ideal Gift Set. Silicone, Non-absorbent, Non-slip for Kitchen, Bar or Coffee Table. Easy to Clean, Bright and Durable. Use Indoors or Outside. Fun Party Accessory!
Offered by Geola Homeware
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute as a button (I could not resist), July 15, 2015
I love these adorable little coasters. They are well made out of silicone in bright colors and look like a giant button. They are easy to clean, I wash these off with a little soap and water. The button coasters are approximately 3 1/2" across and are suitable for hot drinks as well as cold drinks. They are easy to use and stay in place.
But the most endearing quality to me is the cuteness factor of the button coasters. I not only want to use them as coasters, but maybe for a few craft projects. I am considering getting at least 1 more set of button coasters so I can be creative with the coasters.
Yes, these button coasters are functional as well as fun and fashionable. These would make a great gift for a dinner party host or just anybody who happens to go bonkers for buttons. I recommend them highly.

Heart Sisters: Be the Friend You Want to Have
Heart Sisters: Be the Friend You Want to Have
by Natalie Chambers Snapp
Price: $14.19
57 used & new from $8.48

3.0 out of 5 stars to have a friend, you have to be a friend, July 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a good book but be warned that it takes a heavy Christian view in regards to having/being a friend. If religion bothers you, this may not be the book for you.

Natalie Chambers Snapp illuminated how to be a better friend to your friends. It seems like it should b common sense on how to make and keep a friend, but I think it's more difficult than it was when I was a child. When I was a child, if you were playing in the same playground, the other children would likely be your friends. No deep thought about it, no worrying about anybody's ulterior motives or agendas. Now because we are isolated from people - yes, we got to work, church, out but many times we are in our own little bubble texting to friends that aren't with you, we neglect the friend right in front of us.
M's Snapp advises praying - a lot. I do believe prayer is useful, I'm not so sure about praying about friends. But it couldn't hurt to try, could it? Everybody needs some help at some time and this may be a good way to obtain that help.

If you are looking for a book on how to make and keep friends, this isn't exactly the book. But to tune up your relationships with your friends and yourself, this is a good place to start. I recommend this book for folks who won't be bothered by the heavy dose of Christianity.

Doing Good Better: How Effective Altruism Can Help You Make a Difference
Doing Good Better: How Effective Altruism Can Help You Make a Difference
by William MacAskill
Price: $16.96
66 used & new from $11.98

4.0 out of 5 stars where exactly is your money going?, July 7, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
William MacAskill has written a thought provoking book. Mr. MacAskill in "Doing Good Better: Effective Altruism and How You can Make a Difference", the reader is asked to consider her* giving practices. You have a finite amount of money and a finite amount of time. So if you are working at the soup kitchen, you can't be cleaning up the roadways - at least not at the same time. If you give $100 to one charity, the other charities do not get your $100. It sounds so common sense yet something so significant to ponder.
Mr. MacAskill asks the reader what does she want to accomplish with her money and her time. Some charities sound great until you look at their expenses - a low percentage of the donation could be going to actually support the work of the charity. Mr. MacAskill helps the reader sort through various charities so the reader can decide on the proper charity for her. This is extremely helpful because it seems like every day there are constant telephone calls soliciting for "charities".
If you want to make sure your money goes to where you want it to go or that you are spending your time wisely on a charity project, I strongly recommend you buy this book. This will help you clarify what exactly what you need to accomplish your goals.

*her - I just picked a pronoun instead of doing her/him....it works for me.

Prevail Bladder Control Pads, Maximum/Regular, 48 Count (Pack of 4)
Prevail Bladder Control Pads, Maximum/Regular, 48 Count (Pack of 4)
Price: $44.69
11 used & new from $42.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't embarrass yourself, June 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Um, I am depending on the experiences of a friend that has urinary incontinence occasionally. For instance, this friend contracted the whooping cough. The strenuous, constant coughing would cause a small release of urine to happen, which is not pleasant. It's also extremely embarrassing. By using this Prevail Bladder Control pad, this person was able to attend to her daily functions without being afraid she would wet herself.
My friend found the product easy and comfortable to use. While using the product, she did not embarrass herself by wetting herself despite her coughing causing a little release of urine. She recommends the product highly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20