Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Chitown Lurker > Reviews

Browse

Chitown Lurker's Profile

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chitown Lurker RSS Feed (Chicago)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Carhartt Men's Anvil Belt,Black,34
Carhartt Men's Anvil Belt,Black,34
Price: $30.70
6 used & new from $28.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made, March 19, 2016
The leather quality of this belt is about what I'd expect from one costing about half as much. It has that "discount store" plastic feel to it. I'm not impressed. Terrible for the price. Did I get the same belt everyone else did?

Are all the positive reviews legit? This belt is junk. Don't be fooled.

FRYE Men's Phillip Chukka Boot, Black, 10 US/10 M US
FRYE Men's Phillip Chukka Boot, Black, 10 US/10 M US
Price: $139.99
3 used & new from $70.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality boots, March 8, 2016
I got the black ones with distressed leather. Unlike some pre-distressed products, the wear on each of these is unique, i.e. doesn't look like it came off an assembly line (and I suspect it didn't). It adds a nice character that pairs really well with jeans.

As for the design of the boots themselves, they fit great. I ordered a half size down from my normal shoe size (as such I marked them "somewhat large" in the fit category), but this is pretty normal for boots. There's some nice wiggle room for my toes (a necessity for boots), but they're still nice and snug across the middle with some opportunity for break-in. I have fairly narrow feet and I'm used to boots always either being too loose in the center/heel or too tight in the toes, but these seem perfect. They fit like boots should fit. They are slightly tricky to put on due to that snugness across the top, but that should break-in.

I've never had boots that fit this nicely. I like these so much that I may spring for a second pair with the chocolate nubuck leather.

ASUS MX259H 25" Full HD  1920x1080 AH-IPS HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
ASUS MX259H 25" Full HD 1920x1080 AH-IPS HDMI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor
Price: $201.72
68 used & new from $158.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Display, December 18, 2015
Great display. Love the low blue-light option (available on the 25", not sure about the others). Great picture quality, and just an aesthetically pleasing piece of hardware in general.

I'm using this with a Macbook Pro as well as a Windows 10 desktop. Works flawlessly with both.

I do wish the picture went closer to the edge of the screen but this is a common issue with so-called "frameless" displays and the online photos do give an accurate representation of what it looks like when turned on, so it's hard to complain.

Decent speakers by monitor standards, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Fallout 4 - PlayStation 4
Fallout 4 - PlayStation 4
Offered by Delaware
Price: $31.85
246 used & new from $22.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much else to say..., December 7, 2015
The biggest compliment I can give this game is that I've sunk 50 hours into it already and it has yet to become tedious. The combination of settlement building, resource gathering, action, exploration, and story equates to a huge variety of things to do, and the dynamic nature of the inhabitants of this world ensures all sorts of entertaining encounters. Easily my favorite game this year.

PlayStation 4 Console with Free The Last of Us Remastered Voucher
PlayStation 4 Console with Free The Last of Us Remastered Voucher
Offered by Choose Expedited Shipping For OVERNIGHT SHIPPING Wholesale Savings
Price: $399.00
28 used & new from $290.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome system, but not perfect, July 25, 2015
Not much I can add that hasn't already been said. Great system. The UI is slick and a big improvement over the PS3. The controller is much more ergonomic than its predecessor and has more heft.

I only docked a star due to one thing: Bluetooth issues. Specifically, there are periodic bouts of massive input lag between the controller and the system, causing it to freeze on the last input for a second or two (or three). This seems to be a fairly well known problem. In my case, the issue goes away when I move the ottoman from between where I sit and the PS4. So the issue seems to be a very weak Bluetooth radio/antenna either in the controller or the console. It's not a killer problem, but it's a little disappointing, given the crazy range my PS3 has.

Rocket League - PS4 [Digital Code]
Rocket League - PS4 [Digital Code]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but wildly fun, July 10, 2015
This simple little game is the MOST absurdly entertaining multiplayer game I've played in years. I'd compare it to the Bomberman series, not in terms of actual gameplay, but in terms of being so easy to get into yet having so much depth to master. The controls are pretty simple, but the maneuvers you can pull off are countless.

At its core, this is basically soccer, and the physics of the ball are such that what works in soccer works in this game. You even get points for clearing the ball, making saves, centering it from the wing, and getting assists. You can also "head" the ball along by bouncing your car and tilting it. Not that you need to like soccer to enjoy this game, but if you do you'll appreciate the influence.

There's very little fluff to this game...car mods are, from what I've seen so far, entirely cosmetic, which put success on each player's skill and tactics. But despite the simplicity of the game, the production values are high. It's got a great soundtrack, the menus are slick, and the loading screens are quick. About the only thing that potentially takes a bit of time is getting into a public match, but that's just due to matchmaking.

If you like fun things, get this.

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000)
Price: Click here to see our price
103 used & new from $125.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do, July 7, 2015
I bought this router to upgrade my old Netgear WNDR3300, which was a workhorse that served me well but didn't quite have the range I wanted for my growing list of devices. Enter the R7000 AC1900 router. I have no AC devices, but this has doubled the performance of my Wireless N devices on the other side of my house (they had only been getting about 30% of our ISP bandwidth, now they get 80-95%). Currently 10 devices of various types off of this without a snag, on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz channels. 5Ghz is a bit faster in close-to-moderate range, but 2.4Ghz seems to broadcast further, both of which are typical.

I do recommend assigning static IPs to your devices as a general rule with any router.

One antenna on the back was a bit loose and kept wanting to fall over, but tightening it a little at the base solved that issue.

The router itself seems very well ventilated, which is important given how hot the processors in modern routers can become.

No complaints. Setup was shockingly simple, though I did have to reload the setup URL after one of the router reboots. No big deal. The UI for the router settings isn't the prettiest on the market, but it gets the job done.

It's been up for a week now with no resets since the initial setup and I haven't had a hiccup. I'll update this as time goes by.

EDIT 10/12/2015: Still chugging along. I've only planned resets: assigning dedicated IPs, installing new modem, etc. I haven't had to reset due to any sort of problem yet. It's been rock solid and fast.

EDIT: 3/8/2016: Still going. No issues.

EcoAqua EFF-6013A Replacement for GE MWF, also Fits Amana
EcoAqua EFF-6013A Replacement for GE MWF, also Fits Amana
Offered by CLEAN AIR SUPPLY
Price: $18.00
13 used & new from $13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Same performance for much less, April 12, 2015
What's not to love? It works as well as the big-brand, for much less cost.

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy S5 High Defintion (HD) Clear Screen Protectors -- Maximum Clarity and Touchscreen Accuracy [3-Pack] Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Tech Armor
Price: $6.95
2 used & new from $3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, March 22, 2015
The 5-star reviews must have received a different product, because mine was cut inaccurately...the hole for the button wasn't aligned properly with the bottom of the film *and* was too big, making lining it up properly on the first try almost impossible. And if you don't align it right first try, you'll get air bubbles when you try to re-adjust...at which point you're only going to minimize the screw up, as you're passed the point of perfection. By far the most irritating application process of any film I've ever bought. Horrible waste of money...all 3 were cut poorly, all 3 ended up in the trash. Another star removed for the ridiculous claim that this is normally a $24 product so they could claim a huge discount (even though they are selling it directly), plus having 3 times as much packaging and inserts as actual product included...seriously fellas, less is more.

And before the customer service rep chimes in, no, watching the Youtube video won't make the films be cut well. Even if I could get one on without air bubbles, it would have looked like hot garbage. The edges of the film (see: around the way-too-big button cutout) stand out like crazy.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2015 11:49 AM PDT

Toy Story Pull String Jessie 15" Talking Figure
Toy Story Pull String Jessie 15" Talking Figure
Offered by Gifts With a Little Magic
Price: $28.70
32 used & new from $21.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Voice mechanism way too fragile, February 26, 2015
Kid was playing with it normally and the voice just stopped working. Had it for just a few weeks and she was always gentle with it. The connection between the string and voice mechanism is apparently very weak. What is frustrating is the apparent years that this has been an issue (going by the reviews) and yet they haven't addressed it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8