Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for L. W. Carmichael > Reviews

Browse

L. W. Carmichael's Profile

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

L. W. Carmichael RSS Feed (Charlotte, NC)

Barbie: A Perfect Christmas
Barbie: A Perfect Christmas
DVD ~ Mark Baldo
Offered by Clyde Parks
Price: $12.99
73 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a let down..., November 12, 2011
This review is from: Barbie: A Perfect Christmas (DVD)
First, I really wish they would bring back the previous voice of Barbie...it just hasn't been the same since they changed after Mermaid Tale. The songs in this movie seemed odd and out of place. The older Barbie movies with songs just made more sense & the singing was MUCH better than in this film. Every time they would start a song in this movie, my daughters (5 & 8) were frustrated because it took so long for the song to end. The story was ok - had potential to be a really special story but just fell flat. I'm not sure what direction they are trying to take the brand - but it isn't really appealing to the target market of little girls that I know. A good start would be bringing back the other Barbie voice.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2012 2:37 PM PST

101 Drama Games for Children: Fun and Learning with Acting and Make-Believe (SmartFun Activity Books)
by Paul Rooyackers
Price: $10.02
91 used & new from $1.43

2.0 out of 5 stars I just don't get it..., December 2, 2008
I bought this book as a resource for the drama program I teach at a private elementary school. I'm not sure if something was lost in translation - but it seemed very dated. The language, the ideas, the approach...all of it was not very relevant.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2009 8:08 PM PDT

Tinker Bell
Tinker Bell
DVD ~ Mae Whitman
Price: $9.99
130 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally! A Disney movie that didn't scare my girls!, October 30, 2008
This review is from: Tinker Bell (DVD)
We love Disney, and their movies...but it is so nice to finally have a movie that I don't have to skip through the "scary parts" for my two young girls. They absolutely loved every beautiful moment of this wonderful family movie. I also thoroughly enjoyed it myself!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars such a relief!, July 6, 2007
i purchased this for my 4 year old disney princess loving - pink pink pink - will only wear a dress little girl...hoping that she would play with it...thankfully - she loves it!!! we bought the princess game - of course - and that initially got her involved, but we also purchased the kindergarten game and she is way more interested in that than the princess!! so, we are very pleased - it has helped her in so many ways. not only educationally - which is pretty remarkable, but also hand eye cordination has gone through the roof in a short period of time. great purchase. totally satisfied. 100% recommended.

Time for Bed
Time for Bed
by Mem Fox
Price: $12.61
305 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a sweet book, April 9, 2007
This review is from: Time for Bed (Hardcover)
My niece had this book and i bought a copy for my youngest daughter - i've also sent it as a baby gift - it's just a really sweet book. perfect for winding down a day...

Drive-Thru/Checkout
Drive-Thru/Checkout

2.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't suggest it to my friends..., April 9, 2007
This review is from: Drive-Thru/Checkout (Toy)
this is ok...we got it for our 4 year old daughter who loves imaginative play of all sorts. It isn't the sturdiest cardboard i've seen. it's a little awkward for her to manage. i don't remember what i paid for it - but i wouldn't give it a thumbs up.

The Bellflower Bunnies: Adventures (Love at First Sight/Dandelion and the Baby Groundhog)
DVD ~ Danielle Desormeaux
Offered by Security Engineering
Price: $9.98
15 used & new from $0.31

1.0 out of 5 stars YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME..., April 9, 2007
My 4 year old daughter was given this dvd for her birthday...we put it on to watch together feeling pretty safe since the case has "family lessons abound" on the top - literally my four year old was hysterically crying barely half way through due to the "nasty neighbor Nettles" character. It shows him chasing a baby groundhog with an ice axe trying to "get him"...it shows him swinging and missing several times the last time he swings then it cuts to a different scene so you don't know if he hits the baby or not. Seriously - this is hideous. There is a line at the end about "alls well that ends well"...well, if your child doesn't have a nervous breakdown at the begining and can make it through the whole show maybe that is the case. Otherwise DO NOT SHOW THIS TO YOUR CHILD. The episode i am referring to is called "Dandelion and the Baby Groundhog". I'm seriously ticked off that my child saw this irresponsible movie claiming to be "suitable for all family viewing". Do yourself a favor - skip the Bellflower Bunnies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2011 9:36 AM PST

Safety 1st Acella Lx Stroller, Vineyard
Safety 1st Acella Lx Stroller, Vineyard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value & Great stroller!, January 5, 2007
I bought this stroller for my 7 month old...i have an expensive double stroller for her and my 3 1/2 year old but i needed a single for when i am walking with just the baby. My 3 1/2 year old stroller is just dirty and beyond cleaning. Since i've already spent a small fortune on gear this year i wanted a nice but moderately priced single. I got this today, after only ordering it 2 days ago!! It was very simple to assemble, i put my baby in it and strolled around the house - it drove great! she loved it and i can't wait to go for a walk! I only wish it came in pink or something a little more girly - but for the price - who cares!