Profile for Aquarius > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 170

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aquarius "blackblue" RSS Feed (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Frozen
Frozen
DVD ~ Kristen Bell
Price: $17.99
68 used & new from $8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I smell Oscar :-), January 26, 2014
This review is from: Frozen (DVD)
It has been a while since I wrote a review. Not much time for writning reviews lately..... :-)
But when I saw Frozen,... I felt my review writing fingers starting to itch.
But I was surprised when I got on Amazon, and saw so many reviews already. Normally it takes a while before the movie becomes available on dvd/blu-ray.
Maybe we saw it late. We saw it jan 3rd. I guess quite late.

With so many reviews, what's left to say?
Well here's my 2 cts. There's not much I was going to say anyway.
Other then, as I was watching in the theater, about 30 mins in the showing,... I thought "Oscar" !!!

Yeap, I know, it's kind a lame now, cause the nominations are alreaddy out, and yes, Frozen has been nominated.
I was to write and publish this review, prior to any news on the Oscar, just to mention that I was thinking "Oscar" for Frozen.
I didn't realize the nominations would be announced already. I don't really follow it.

Anyway, it still just nominations. So all is not lost yet.
I'm pretty sure Frozen is going to be the winner for "Best Animated Feature".

I'm also pretty sure,... this is goign to be a new classic for Disney !

Really really really good !

A must see. Beautiful, funny, musical,.....

Adventures In Zambezia
Adventures In Zambezia
DVD
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Homerun !, January 11, 2014
Posting this review a bit late. I watched Zambezia with the whole family back when it came out at the theater. Was to post a review back then, but never came to it. Recently we saw Frozen (another homerun), which awakened the spirit to write a review on Frozen, which on it’s turn reminded me I still had to write a review on Zambezia. Felt bad I haven’t done it yet. Zambezia is too good, for me to skip me writing a review. Bit concerned if I could still write it though, being a while back, but a s I sat down to write it, it all started coming back to me. I just recalled how I felt going in the theater, during the presentation, and when we were leaving. The fact that I could recall all that, and that it came back to me, “that” on its own, is already a statement of how good I found Zambezia to be. Without further a due, here’s my review on Zambezia:

Amazingly good. Wasn’t expecting it. Didn’t know what to expect, since Zambezi is not from the, well big productions like Disney, Pixar, etc. Went in with an open mind, but I think deep down I was a bit concerned (or even skeptical) to it. But left the theater very happy. This one was a “homerun”. Went to see it with wife and 2 kids (8 and 12). We all loved it.

Good catching story. Great plot. Good animations. Excellent sound and music. Great voices. Thrilling and exiting. Very entertaining and fun. Everything seemed to come together very good. I loved it. And for the first time Samuel L. Jackosn’s voice wasn’t bothering me in an animation. Don’t get me wrong, I like Samuel L. Jackson in action movies, but hearing his voice in animations is a bit disconcerting for me. I can’t seem to fit his voice with an animated character. He’s a too powerful actor, playing powerful roles in action movies, with a very recognizable voice. So I always had a hard time hearing him in an animated movie (ex. Turbo). But this time it worked 100%.

It’s refreshing to once see a good animation that isn’t from Disney or Pixar. And I loved the environmental, nature theme. Great for kids and whole family.

Epson T042320 Magenta Ink Cartridge
Epson T042320 Magenta Ink Cartridge
Offered by Speedy Inks
Price: $8.99
54 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best price I could find., October 2, 2013
Bought this a year ago, together with the yellow, blue and black cartridge. All worked fine.
Unfortunately my Epson CX5400 printer, has reached its max life span.

Actually I believe this is because at one point I used a black cartridge that was not original Epson. Not the original ones here, but some other generic brand that supposedly should work with this printer. It didn't. Or it did but apparently damaged the ink-head of the printer. So now I have to look for a new printer.

Moral of the story, don't use generic brands, especially if you can get the original for this price.

Ps. Normally I would not have use a generic brand, but my ink was up, I had still to order the original cartridges, I had an important document to print, could not wait, and the only thing available that fit was the generic brand. I got to print my document, but my printer was done.

Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design : An Agile, Iterative Approach
Introduction to Systems Analysis and Design : An Agile, Iterative Approach
by John W. Satzinger
29 used & new from $38.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Compact, Condensed, mixed up???, April 4, 2013
This review is for the "international edition" the one shown above (I hope).
Thing is, seems like several of the reviews here, must be for one of the original versions.
Check the date this version was published (2012), and then check the date of the reviews. Some go back to 2000 !

I'm not 100% sure (I haven't gone through the book in detail), but I believe you are right with this review for this edition of the book (international edition). I've quickly and briefly browsed through the the table of contents and first 3 chapters. And your review reflects somewhat my thoughts when browsing through it.

I'm familiar with the original editions Systems Analysis and Design in a Changing World (with Computing and Information Technology CourseMate Printed Access Card, Microsoft Project 2010 60 ... and Microsoft Visio 2010 60 Day Trial CD-ROM), which I find quite good. Expensive indeed, but good, with a good "flow".

If you can get a previous edition (5th, or perhaps 4 or even 3), those are also still good, you may miss a few latest updates, but most (if not all) of the important concepts are also in these previous versions. And you can get these at a better price. I'd recommend the 5th edition, if you want to save on the price).

I'm not sure what they wanted to do with this "international" edition. Offer the book at a much lower price? The price is way lower then the original versions. But the content seems quite condensed, and mixed up. Perhaps good for some one who is already familiar with SA&D concepts. But not so much for beginners/students. I'd stick with the original versions (6ed, 5ed, or 4ed).

Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery (2nd Edition) (Voices That Matter)
by Garr Reynolds
Price: $18.06
108 used & new from $14.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., March 10, 2013
Excellent. Excellent. This is an easy read. I suppose the writer set it up, the same way he would with presentations. Well, it's a book and different then presentations, so he goes in more details, but keeps it very easy to read. Even if many of the concepts probably we already know in our head, (lot of is is kind of obvious) we seldom apply. We keep making the same boring presentations with lots of text to read. This book did help me to be more conscious on how I prepare my presentations.

Belkin Conserve Insight Energy-Use Monitor
Belkin Conserve Insight Energy-Use Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and handy,... bit pricey., January 18, 2013
I liked this. It's a bit pricey, but if you liked to check a particular device, this thing is easy and handy.
There's plenty of reviews here giving all the details already.
Covering, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

True, true,... it misses functionality, .... it gives you the avg. consumption per year. So you need to do some calculations, if you want to know, for example, lets say how much your TV cost for watching one hour. Yeah, I wished you could just see that on the device, without having to go calculate. Makes me feel this product is even pricier than I taught. But,... still for me it works fine, for what I needed. I monitor and check the devices I wanted to check, did my calculations, and get a pretty good idea of the energy consumption of the devices.

I'll keep it at this. Check the other reviews for the good, the bad, and the ugly..... :-)
I just wished this could be offer at a better price though.

DS/DSi/DSi XL Universal Stylus Pack - Black
DS/DSi/DSi XL Universal Stylus Pack - Black
Price: $5.99
2 used & new from $2.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit shorter than original,... but good., January 18, 2013
These are good. Not the same as the original that came with the Nintendo 3DS.
These are shorter. About an inch shorter, I guess. I haven't measure it. Maybe I will later.
I wish they were as long as the original. Other than that, they are firm, (not flimsy as other I've experienced) and fit well in the DS. Price at the time bought them, is also good/reasonable, imo.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice color. Good quality. Great price., January 18, 2013
I love this T-shirt. I love wearing T-shirts.
Thought this had a very low price, decided to try one.
In short: Nice color. Good quality. Great price.

2003-2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor Exterior/Outside Door Handle Rear Left
2003-2011 Mitsubishi Endeavor Exterior/Outside Door Handle Rear Left

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this purchase., January 18, 2013
This item was delivered very fast. it is as described.

The back driver side door handle of our Endeavor broke of. Probably by rough handling from the kids.
Amazingly I found this on Amazon. Never bought a car part on Amazon before. This was a good experience.

It was delivered fast. About the best price I could find. The item is genuine and works fine.
No problem with it.

Hotel Transylvania (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
Hotel Transylvania (Blu-ray 3D / Blu-ray / DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)
DVD ~ Adam Sandler
Offered by American_Standard
Price: $22.21
54 used & new from $11.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and uplifting., January 10, 2013
Recently we saw Rise of the Guardians (Two-Disc Combo: Blu-ray / DVD / Digital Copy + UltraViolet + 2 Hopping Toy Eggs), which was 'ok'. But a few weeks back we saw Hotel Transylvania.

Now this movie, Hotel Transylvania, I really liked. We (family) all liked it.
This was a lot of fun. Lot of laughs. Cool story with lots of good jokes.
Fun and uplifting.