Profile for Scott G. Blair > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Scott G. Blair RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Pok Pok: Food and Stories from the Streets, Homes, and Roadside Restaurants of Thailand
by Andy Ricker
Price: $22.14
88 used & new from $16.48

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thai Cookbook, December 12, 2014
The food in this cookbook is amazing. Every time that I visit Portland this is the one restaurant that I always visit. I waited a longtime for this book to come out, and now I have had this book for about a year. I have made many different recipes from it, and not a single one disappoints. The recipes can sometimes be complex, involving many different ingredients and preparations. However, that is offset by the simplicity of the actual cooking. You rarely need more than a mortar and pestle, a knife, and a wok. I recently cooked several dishes out of this book for > 40 people, including the famous Ike's Chicken Wings. The food could not have tasted any better. This is now my go to cookbook, I highly encourage anyone interested in Thai food to get this book. There are also pictures of the dishes for every single recipe, a very nice bonus.

Troentorp Unisex Bĺstad Rembrandt Leather Clogs
Troentorp Unisex Bĺstad Rembrandt Leather Clogs
Offered by Clogs of Sweden
Price: $125.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoe, August 4, 2014
I have been wearing these shoes for several years now. I replace them every year and a half or so, though you could definitely wear them a lot longer if you chose. They are amazingly comfortable. I work in a hospital and spend 12+ hours a day on my feet in a row. I can only do it day after day thanks to these shoes.

Good Food Great Medicine: A Homemade Cookbook
Good Food Great Medicine: A Homemade Cookbook
by Miles Hassell MD
Edition: Spiral-bound
28 used & new from $36.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting recipes, August 25, 2011
This cook books is absolutely fantastic. The recipes taste great and are very versatile. At least 75% of the food that I eat is homemade (granola, bread, snacks, you name it) and I find myself always reaching for this cookbook above all others that I have, and only if this one does not have the recipe that I am looking for do I look elsewhere.

The great thing about this cookbook is not only does it give you recipes for great tasting food, it teaches you how to eat healthier. It debunks fact from fiction in what is and is not healthy for you, and all of their information is backed up by reputable scientific studies/research. I highly recommend this cookbook not only for the great tasting recipes that it contains, but the healthier life style that it can help you to lead.

When The Heart Emerges Glistening
When The Heart Emerges Glistening
Price: $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 8, 2011
This kid has been around for 10+ years now, though this is only his second solo album, but he has played on many other albums. Ambrose is a fantastic artist; he has a great sound and surrounds himself with some really good talent. This album is beautiful, interesting, and just a lot of fun to listen to. The mood of his falls inline with what some of the really cool trumpeters of today are putting out, while still creating something totally unique. I highly recommend this album.

Patagonia Men's Honeydew Casual Walking Shoe
Patagonia Men's Honeydew Casual Walking Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Best shoes every, January 9, 2011
These shoes are fantastic! The most comfortable and reliable shoes that I have ever owned. I can stand hunched over a table for 12+ hours wearing these shoe with little to no discomfort; which I have to do an a regular enough basis. They are also great for walking and just lounging around. They are the closet a shoe can get to feeling like a slipper without actually being a slipper.

And a note to the other reviewer. Two stars? Really? Any shoe that can last a year seems like a pretty darn reliable shoe to me. And second of all just go to mtnsoles.com to have them resoled. These shoes were designed to be easily resoled.

Tissot Men's T0114171205100 T-Race Chronograph Quartz Black Dial Watch
Tissot Men's T0114171205100 T-Race Chronograph Quartz Black Dial Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Only Tissot for me, July 7, 2010
I have been wearing this watch every day for over a year now. Tissot makes just amazing watches. I only have praise for this watch, no complaints. I wear it running, skiing, biking, and swimming... it has never missed a beat, and it only leaves my wrist for showers. My father has been wearing a Tissot Touch for about almost 8 years now I think. His only problem with that watch was when he had the battery replaced it did not work properly. However, as it turns out the computer just had to be reset and when he called up Tissot they walked him through the process step by step. He has put his watch through much more abuse than me with running, biking, skiing, and swimming, as well as scuba diving and traveling to Europe and Africa.

I have enjoyed this watch so much, that I am going to purchase myself a T-Touch as a graduation present from medical school next year. Really they are just excellent watches that I cannot say enough good things about, and I can't wait to have that titanium band around my wrist next year!

Preludes for Piano
Preludes for Piano
Price: $14.93
26 used & new from $5.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, July 7, 2010
This review is from: Preludes for Piano (Audio CD)
I do not Know anything about Andrei Diev except that he is the performer on this album. And to be honest after having listened to this numerous times I am surprised that there are not a bunch more recordings of Scriabin's Preludes, these are absolutely a joy to listen to. Also, I am surprised that I do not know who Andrei Diev is. He really does an amazing job of playing these pieces. There is probably a niche market in recording these under played/recorded pieces by composers that we all know by name, and I hope that he fills that niche. I look forward to more from Mr. Diev.

Mahler: Symphony No. 8 in E-Flat Major - Adagio from Symphony No. 10
Mahler: Symphony No. 8 in E-Flat Major - Adagio from Symphony No. 10
Price: $15.13

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, August 29, 2009
I have waited along time for this. Mahler's 8th has always been my least favorite of all of his symphonies, and not necessarily because it is a bad symphony, but rather because it is a large and unwieldy symphony that even the best of symphonies, choruses, and conductors struggle with. MTT & SFS are no different, they have struggled with this symphony for years, but through persistence and perseverance they have given us yet another great interpretation and performance of a Mahler Symphony. This really is the most beautiful rendition of Mahler's 8th that I have ever heard, and now I can can finally see that Mahler's 8th rivals the complexity and beauty of all of his other Symphonies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2011 8:39 AM PDT

Bizet: Les Pecheurs de Perles (The Pearl Fishers)
Bizet: Les Pecheurs de Perles (The Pearl Fishers)
22 used & new from $16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars More Beautiful than I Remember, March 17, 2009
I have only had the opportunity to see this opera once. It was a beautifully performed opera by the Kansas City Opera, and I just recently got around to purchasing the album. This is a stunning recording. After listening to this recording I have a hard time understanding why it isn't a more frequently performed piece. Be that as it may, we can enjoy a great recording of this beautiful, though relatively obscure opera.

Duet (2-CD Version)
Duet (2-CD Version)
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny, February 9, 2009
This review is from: Duet (2-CD Version) (MP3 Music)
This album just makes me happy every time that I listen to it. I am a big fan of much of the young Jazz talent that Concord has, especially Hiromi. This is a beautiful album. Hiromi and Chick have played in the past, and it is nice to see them lay something down for all of us to enjoy. They make a great team, and I am sure that we will see them together again in the future (at least I really hope that we do). "Place to Be" is quickly becoming my favorite song of all time, really, it is that good.

The only minor complaint that I have is there seems to be some clanking of dishes/silverware in the back round, so if that isn't something that you'll be able to look past then I recommend against this album for you. Otherwise Enjoy!

Page: 1 | 2