Profile for Bob Brown > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 77

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bob Brown RSS Feed (Emory Village, Georgia)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Canon LS-82Z Business Calculator
Canon LS-82Z Business Calculator
Price: $7.01
29 used & new from $5.40

5.0 out of 5 stars One Everywhere It's Needed, July 17, 2014
These are inexpensive enough that I can keep one in the kitchen for re-sizing recipes and one in my desk. I bought two.

OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Green
OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Green
Price: $9.99
9 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Tool for the Job, July 17, 2014
Far better than a glass jar for making a small quantity of home made salad dressing.

Prepworks from Progressive International LKS-07 Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Keeper
Price: $9.49
14 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars This Really Works, July 17, 2014
I was told that "vintage" salad keepers worked because they were vented and had a well at the bottom to collect liquid. I bought this because it has both those features. Before, bagged salad was slimy and inedible after three days. With this, bagged salad bought Saturday morning is still good on Thursday evening. (Iceberg lettuce is beginning to be a little rusty, but it's crisp and not slimy.)

The only think I might have done differently is buy the larger size. However this one will hold all but one large serving from a salad bag, so it may actually be about right.

I should mention that the top and bottom covers are NOT dishwasher-safe. They'll warp.

Rolodex Wood Tones Business Card Holder, Capacity 50 Cards of 2.25 x 4 Inches, Mahogany (23330)
Price: $4.72
29 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inexpensive Holder that Does What Needs to be Donw, April 27, 2014
This is inexpensive, but not cheap-looking. The color is a little more toward orange than the picture, but not objectionably so. Looks good on my desk.

Ziotek PS2 Keyboard To USB Adapter
Ziotek PS2 Keyboard To USB Adapter
Offered by Sewell Direct Corp
Price: $8.99
12 used & new from $7.29

5.0 out of 5 stars This one works!, April 27, 2014
The cheap "bulge in the cable" converters do not work reliably; they're a couple of resistors and a capacitor. (I know this because I took a non-working one apart.) This adapter includes an integrated circuit that correctly converts the signals fropm a PS/2 keyboard to those required by the USB interface. You will probably want a 6in USB 2.0 Extension Adapter Cable A to A - M/F as this adapter may be too fat to plug directly into a USB jack.

I've pounded out a master's thesis, a doctoral dissertation, and everything in between on my IBM Model M keyboard. I really didn't want to give it up when I got a new computer with no PS/2 connector. Thanks to this adapter, I don't have to!

A Different Kind Of Twin (Amy and Paul Book 1)
A Different Kind Of Twin (Amy and Paul Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Interestingly Weird, April 2, 2014
The premise of this book is a little weird, but it's well-written and an interesting read. I enjoyed it during a cross-country airplane trip.

Nutribiotic Ascorbic Acid Powder, 8 Ounce
Nutribiotic Ascorbic Acid Powder, 8 Ounce
Offered by BIGFLYSPORTS
Price: $11.53
6 used & new from $10.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Baking, Prevents Fruits from Browning, April 2, 2014
About 1/8 teaspoon in any yeast bread recipe improves the action of the yeast. A teaspoon in a large bowl of water will prevent apples or other fruit from browning. When I'm baking an apple pie, I peel apples and cut them directly into the bowl of water and ascorbic acid. When they're all peeled, I dry them with a salad spinner and assemble them into the pie. They don't brown. The same treatment will keep apple slices packed in baggies for lunch from browning.

Spirit 8" Thermolon Fry Pan
Spirit 8" Thermolon Fry Pan
Offered by ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-Stick Really Works, April 2, 2014
I've now bought two of these. I've had the first one for several months. Because the label says it's dishwasher safe, that's what I've been doing. The non-stick coating really works, and repeated washing in the dishwasher hasn't caused any decrease in the non-stickiness. Next time I get a few bucks ahead, I'm getting the 12" model.
{time passes}
Today I put this to the acid test with a cheese omelet. Neither egg nor cheese stuck to the pan. A little warm, soapy water and a soft sponge was all it took to clean up. I think I'll probably stop putting these in the dishwasher, not because I'm worries about the coating, but because it isn't necessary.

Kobi Electric LED 26-watt (120 watt) R40 BR40 Warm White Light Bulb, Non-Dimmable
Price: $29.75
13 used & new from $20.83

1.0 out of 5 stars Will Not Fit on Modern Fixtures, January 11, 2014
I returned this because it would not fit in a modern (2009) recessed downlight fixture. It might be a great bulb; I never got to see. Measure before you buy.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2014 8:24 AM PDT

KOBI ELECTRIC LED 14-watt (85 watt) R40 BR40 Warm White Light Bulb, Dimmable